Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sling Adapter - Slo Mo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chris83

chris83

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Using the Sling Adapter remotely. The picture is fine, but everything is in slo-motion. Any suggestions? Internet connection is high speed and is working fine.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

Using the Sling Adapter remotely. The picture is fine, but everything is in slo-motion. Any suggestions? Internet connection is high speed and is working fine.

What are you streaming to? Is it happening on more than one channel? Id the streaming device doing so wirelessly?

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#3 OFFLINE   chris83

chris83

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi Mary. On the road at my daughters streaming to my wife's Gateway laptop; tried earlier today and everything was fine. Yes, happening on all the channels and the player is taking much longer than usual to load.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

#4 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi, I am sorry you are having this issue. Have you tried refreashing the browser. Sometimes it helps to log out and then log back in. Let me know, please!

Mary Catherine Brady

#5 OFFLINE   chris83

chris83

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

I switched to Firefox. On "Good" quality it is normal speed, but the quality of the picture is not real good. On "Better" we're still at normal speed and the quality is improved. When I go to "Best/HD" the picture hiccups for a moment and then goes to slo-mo. Same with Internet Explorer. Weird.

#6 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Thank you, Chris. I am sorry but that is a speed issue.

Mary Catherine Brady

#7 OFFLINE   chris83

chris83

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

Internet connection speed?

#8 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Yes, most likely the download speed at your location.

Mary Catherine Brady

#9 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

What is your upload from home, that is the usual bottleneck.

ISP will sell you 3 meg download but not tell you that upload is 0.75 meg which is way too slow for HD - need at least 1.5 meg upload for HD.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...