Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

reset boxes!? really now?

airplay

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nednarb

nednarb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

Really DirecTV right now you had to reset boxes? I am watching football for Christ sake!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Nothing here.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#3 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Posted Image
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

Really DirecTV right now you had to reset boxes? I am watching football for Christ sake!

No reset here. What channel is the football on. All I see is some kiddie game on ABC.
It's only tv!

#5 OFFLINE   nednarb

nednarb

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

I was wondering if anyone else had it happen. No update or anything applied, but all four receivers in house reset. Nothing else lost power. I guess I will let it slide... :)

#6 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

No reset here. What channel is the football on. All I see is some kiddie game on ABC.

That "kiddie game" is 2 teams who will be bowl eligible this year because they didn't get busted and stripped of national titles. Fight on...to no bowl.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#7 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

That "kiddie game" is 2 teams who will be bowl eligible this year because they didn't get busted and stripped of national titles. Fight on...to no bowl.

They just haven't been caught yet. Plus the NCAA looks the other way for some teams.
It's only tv!

#8 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

This board would blow up if a national release or a national reset went out. Seems like something locally so far.

#9 OFFLINE   SanxDiegoxSand

SanxDiegoxSand

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

not for me

#10 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Maybe you experienced a momentary brown out. Sometimes those will trigger devices to turn on/off.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#11 OFFLINE   nednarb

nednarb

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

Maybe you experienced a momentary brown out. Sometimes those will trigger devices to turn on/off.

Perhaps that is possible. I know any Bobble in the juice and the boxes will reboot.

#12 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,985 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Perhaps that is possible. I know any Bobble in the juice and the boxes will reboot.

UPSs are great for DVRs.

#13 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

Sounds like you have a situation similar to mine when I moved in. It seems that the transformer serving us and our neighbors was having problems keeping up with the load. (Either it was under voltage or over subscribed.) We could see when anyone's refrigerator or AC would kick in. And often devices would reset. (Thankfully most of my DVRs are on UPSs.)

Thankfully the electric company must have replaced the transformer as we no longer have that problem at all. Much more stable.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#14 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,688 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Sounds like you have a situation similar to mine when I moved in. It seems that the transformer serving us and our neighbors was having problems keeping up with the load. (Either it was under voltage or over subscribed.) We could see when anyone's refrigerator or AC would kick in. And often devices would reset. (Thankfully most of my DVRs are on UPSs.)

When you see problems like that, the transformer is usually on the way out and has to be replaced. We just went thru that on our court with four homes. The lights flickered constantly and I went out and looked at our transformer and the primary connections were sparking. Just takes a phone call to the power company and they come out and install a new transformer. Doesn't take long to do the job, but they do have to be notified of the problem.

Rich

#15 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

No guys, they were in fact software updates............

#16 OFFLINE   rainydave

rainydave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

I had one of my HR21s reset out of the blue. It was attempting to record the Steelers game. The other HR21 didn't reset.

#17 OFFLINE   dogbreath

dogbreath

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts
  • LocationFranklin, North Carolina

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

What software version do you have now?

#18 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

No guys, they were in fact software updates............

Not based upon the description of the thread starter.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#19 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

I had my HR24-500 do the spontaneous reset about 2 weeks ago. Ran hard drive diagnostics and I had a bad hard drive. DTV imediately shipped out a replacement.

I would run dignostics on any box that does a self reset. Spontaneous resets are not normal unless problems are detected.

#20 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

would surprise me some update was pushed on saturday 9/10 that botched NFL ticket on Sunday.. Directv botched the 1st week of NFL Sunday ticket with the red button features (interactives) not loading properly thus locking up recievers for the 1pm game yesterday. It wasnt until 3:30 that the interactives were disabled..

Edited by Santi360HD, 13 September 2011 - 08:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: airplay

Protected By... spam firewall...And...