Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sunday ticket channels locking up

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   bryan123

bryan123

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

If it is a free preview. how come I already started paying and do not have the option of opting out according to DTV guidelines......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

If it is a free preview. how come I already started paying and do not have the option of opting out according to DTV guidelines......

you can opt out- but because the season started your still pay. re-read your agrement.:D
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#43 OFFLINE   bryan123

bryan123

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

Yep- it is a preview...... just not free

#44 OFFLINE   upjtboogie

upjtboogie

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

Been running perfectly for me all day, I am loving getting to watch any game I want.
HR24-100

#45 OFFLINE   MarkG21

MarkG21

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Working perfectly for me. Now ToGo, thats a different story.

#46 OFFLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Im saying week 1 there is always issues and that is probably part of the reason that everyone gets it free. This is not anything new. There are always ST issues and To Go Pack issues as well on the first Sunday of the season. I didnt like that guys comment that this is what we pay for. No one is paying for anything yet.

We are paying for it, since one cannot cancel the NFLST once the season starts. Some of us already made our first of many monthly payments for the package. To say no one is paying for it since it's a free preview is wrong.

D* Setup:

Slimline (AU9-S) w/no multiswitch
(1) HR21-100 0x87F (7/8/08 Made in Mexico) via HDMI to Pioneer PDP-6020FD
(1) HR24-100 0x87F (11/9/10 Made in Thailand) via HDMI to Panasonic TC-P58S2

FIOS 150/150

#47 OFFLINE   ericcooper1956@att.net

ericcooper1956@att.net

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Im saying week 1 there is always issues and that is probably part of the reason that everyone gets it free. This is not anything new. There are always ST issues and To Go Pack issues as well on the first Sunday of the season. I didnt like that guys comment that this is what we pay for. No one is paying for anything yet.

If this happens every year, why not fix it once and for all??

#48 OFFLINE   fla

fla

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

No one is paying anything for it yet. Thats my point. Save your comment for next weekend.

Sorry, I AM PAYING FOR THIS SINCE I SWITCHED FROM A GREAT COMPANY TO THIS CRAP COMPANY JUST FOR SUNDAY TICKET!!!!!!

#49 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

GOSH DARNIT, Why in the HELL did I pay $339 for NFL Sunday Ticket When I cannot even watch the channels??????? :mad::mad:

Why would you pay $339 even if it was working correctly? Most people on this forum didn't pay any more than $200:rolleyes:
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#50 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,270 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

No one is paying anything for it yet. Thats my point. Save your comment for next weekend.

That first statement isn't true!

I would be very unhappy if I had already signed up and paid for for the full season and couldn't watch the first week's games. :nono2:
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#51 OFFLINE   mikeinmass

mikeinmass

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

If this happens every year, why not fix it once and for all??

Great question

#52 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

DirecTv needs to just not use scoreguide. I never have liked it or used it. Why in the HELL do we need it when all the NFL Sunday Ticket Channels Run The Scores at the bottom of the screen now anyways? We Don't Need Scoreguide. ESPN has a constant scoreticker at the bottom of their screen too and it's constant. We Don't Need Scoreguide it slows down channel changing, there is a delay when you turn to a scoreguide channel and then try to change channels to view something else. It's a waste to have it.

#53 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

DirecTv needs to just not use scoreguide. I never have liked it or used it. Why in the HELL do we need it when all the NFL Sunday Ticket Channels Run The Scores at the bottom of the screen now anyways? We Don't Need Scoreguide. ESPN has a constant scoreticker at the bottom of their screen too and it's constant. We Don't Need Scoreguide it slows down channel changing, there is a delay when you turn to a scoreguide channel and then try to change channels to view something else. It's a waste to have it.

the Scoreguide is very useful! like when you watching a game i like know if a better game is on, ESPN ticker is to slow!

#54 OFFLINE   Cyber36

Cyber36

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts
  • LocationByron NY

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

I also received 2 software update downloads(uploads?) yesterday just before the start of the games @ 1:00PM. Wonder why they chose that time(bad choice)to send out updates??

#55 OFFLINE   Santi360HD

Santi360HD

Icon

• Registered
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

real bad choice the techie websites are blasting them ..them including the beloved swanni..

http://www.tvpredict...ketps091211.htm

http://www.fiercecab...sers/2011-09-12

I also dont know if the wall on FB has been erased with all the complaints.

but aroung a little bit after 1pm I went on their FB wall (not cursing or being CAPS PROFANE) to identify a fix and that was to keep hitting the exit button so the interactive scoreguide wouldnt load (red button features) and some rep from Directv thanked me.. i was like Dont thank me!!!!FIX IT in another post!!

Im James Santiago there on FB and I approved this message :)

Edited by Santi360HD, 12 September 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#56 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

So the Fix was to hit the exit button? How are we supposed to know this? The crap that happend this past weekend had better not happen week 2 is all i can say. I am beginning to despise the practices that DirecTv is doing. Messing around with the system or whatever the hell it was they were doing was not the time to do it on Week 1 of NFL Sunday Ticket. I thought I had a major problem with my entire setup because when the channels locked up and i could not change channels or anything, i panicked because I thought something serious had happend with my dish that is up on the roof. Needless to say I was very frustrated because I did not know what in the HELL was going on.

#57 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,633 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

So the Fix was to hit the exit button? How are we supposed to know this? The crap that happend this past weekend had better not happen week 2 is all i can say. I am beginning to despise the practices that DirecTv is doing. Messing around with the system or whatever the hell it was they were doing was not the time to do it on Week 1 of NFL Sunday Ticket. I thought I had a major problem with my entire setup because when the channels locked up and i could not change channels or anything, i panicked because I thought something serious had happend with my dish that is up on the roof. Needless to say I was very frustrated because I did not know what in the HELL was going on.

You panicked because a computer locked up and you decided your dish had a problem? When your email program crashes, do you think the power went out?

DVRs are computers. When they mess up badly, do what you do with a computer, reboot. It fixes a ton of problems. In fact, you should reboot every computer, even your dvr, occasionally.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...