Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Do Away With Interactive Features D* This problem is insane

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

Ok It's time for DirecTv to do away and scrap these interactive features and scoreguide. It slows down channel changing with sports and it's messing up Day 1 of NFL Sunday ticket. I want a Refund. It's now halftime and I have yet to enjoy my NFL Sunday Ticket That I have paid dearly for, Money that I really didn't have to spend, but i spent it anyway. DirecTv better make this right with me because I am PISSED!:mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,563 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Week One is often rough. That's why it's the free preview week. You're not really out any money yet.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

Week One is often rough. That's why it's the free preview week. You're not really out any money yet.

:rolleyes: Really? DirecTV has billed people and no one can cancel since the season started.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   sore_bluto

sore_bluto

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

It would be pretty easy for DIRECTV to give us the option to turn off the interactive features. While they are at it, they could give us the option to disable the ACTIVE button and channel 1 as well.
HR20-700 + OTA, HR20-700, HR24-200, R15-300, 5LNB Ka/Ku AU9-S

#5 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Of course he is! He paid or is paying for a full season and not getting it.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#6 OFFLINE   alm

alm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

From Directv's facebook page: NFL Update: interactive features like Player Tracker, ScoreGuide and Game Mix have been temporarily disabled to resolve the issues. If you continue to experience problems, resetting your receiver may resolve them.

#7 OFFLINE   ericcooper1956@att.net

ericcooper1956@att.net

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

From Directv's facebook page: NFL Update: interactive features like Player Tracker, ScoreGuide and Game Mix have been temporarily disabled to resolve the issues. If you continue to experience problems, resetting your receiver may resolve them.

Hey forum moderators, shouldn't this thread be merged into the other thread?

#8 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:34 AM

What I want is the ability to disable those ugly little icons that get associated with tv shows and movies in the guide and on the playlist. Every time I flush my guide data I can scroll with ease since those arent loading while it rebuilds the guide but once those things are loaded it stops you on every f*!&ing thing and makes you wait while it loads that stupid little icon for whatever show is highlighted. What a waste of time.

#9 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,486 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

Ok It's time for DirecTv to do away and scrap these interactive features and scoreguide. It slows down channel changing with sports and it's messing up Day 1 of NFL Sunday ticket. I want a Refund. It's now halftime and I have yet to enjoy my NFL Sunday Ticket That I have paid dearly for, Money that I really didn't have to spend, but i spent it anyway. DirecTv better make this right with me because I am PISSED!:mad:

I enjoyed my Sunday Ticket immensely and use scoreguide constantly. One time it messes up and you rant like someone killed your dog?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#10 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

I enjoyed my Sunday Ticket immensely and use scoreguide constantly. One time it messes up and you rant like someone killed your dog?

Yesterday was a debacle, Sony wouldn't be giving refunds if it wasn't.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#11 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,486 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

Yesterday was a debacle, Sony wouldn't be giving refunds if it wasn't.

I don't care about Sony. I am not using a PS3. The OP wants to tear down a whole infrastructure of interactive usage including the scoreguide because of a one time messup. THAT is whay I am talking about. If the PS3 did not deliver, of course you offer refunds. But the OP wasn't talking about the PS3.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:57 AM

I agree I love these features and as far as slowing things down I agree it does but 1 hit on the active button and 1 hit on exit speeds things up. I wish we didn't have to do this but it is no big deal for me

#13 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

I definitely don't want them to get rid of the interactive features. Although it would be nice if they had a an option in the setups to turn them off/on, so subscribers could choose.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#14 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

I don't care about Sony. I am not using a PS3. The OP wants to tear down a whole infrastructure of interactive usage including the scoreguide because of a one time messup. THAT is whay I am talking about. If the PS3 did not deliver, of course you offer refunds. But the OP wasn't talking about the PS3.

If the PS3 didn't deliver? Seriously, may be I'm misreading, but are you trying to spin this to be a PS3 problem? This was far more widespread than the PS3, it affected homes and sports bars. This was a D* problem. Sony offered refunds because D*, the company that provided the content and the infrastructure, didn't deliver.

Go to any NFL dedicated forum, and you will see who is getting the blame.

The interactive features are another great D* idea, but with a slow, clunky, poor quality implementation.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#15 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,486 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

If the PS3 didn't deliver? Seriously, may be I'm misreading, but are you trying to spin this to be a PS3 problem? This was far more widespread than the PS3, it affected homes and sports bars. This was a D* problem. Sony offered refunds because D*, the company that provided the content and the infrastructure, didn't deliver.

Go to any NFL dedicated forum, and you will see who is getting the blame.

The interactive features are another great D* idea, but with a slow, clunky, poor quality implementation.

No, you are misreading what I said. The PS3 didn't deliver at all from what I understand. DVRs didn't have problems and only the Mix channel had problems on he non-DVRs. Not exactly the sky falling.

spam firewall