Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What new shows are you looking forward to?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

Whitney was just ok. Might watch it again, but if I missed it, I wouldn't miss it. Some witty lines and a few laughs, but she and her BF had some very awkward/improv-style weak moments. Not great chemistry there.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Caught up to Harry. Looks like another good season.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#63 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

And don't get me wrong, I like Ted Danson, just not in the way they made his new character.

Way too early to call-out his character. The show writers have been pretty good in the past. So I'll wait to see where they take him.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#64 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Whitney is very easy on the eyes but I don't see it making it. Not funny at all.

Revenge was much better than expected!!!

#65 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Damn, missed Revenge, it did look awfully good in the trailers. Do they repeat pilots on TV? I could watch on PC but I'd rather big screen it.

#66 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Thirsty from pretzels

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,096 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Damn, missed Revenge, it did look awfully good in the trailers. Do they repeat pilots on TV? I could watch on PC but I'd rather big screen it.

It is on again tonight at 9 (depending on your time zone).

#67 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

Whitney has to be the worst show in years to actually make it to air. Unbelievable how bad it is. Given that it's on NBC, it might make a full season. On any other network, I'd expect it to last less than 5 episodes. Just plain horrible.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#68 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 623 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Whitney has to be the worst show in years to actually make it to air.

I take it you didn't see last year's effort from Paul Reiser.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#69 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

I get a kick out of how much people can hate a show. :lol: I'm really into TV & if I don't like a show, then it's no biggie - I just don't watch it. I never hated a show like some here have expressed. One mans trash....
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#70 OFFLINE   bean1980

bean1980

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

Looking forward to season two of Boardwalk Empire.

#71 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,163 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

I get a kick out of how much people can hate a show. :lol: I'm really into TV & if I don't like a show, then it's no biggie - I just don't watch it. I never hated a show like some here have expressed. One mans trash....

Right on. Some of those people will watch a show they "hate" many times just to be sure.....

We have been asked to tone down our expressions of derisions on other's druthers. And in that vein I've refrained from replying "STFU" to more than one guy or gal. It'd be in vain, anyway, not to mention in poor taste and not within the t.o.s. of DBS.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#72 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

Just added second DVR so it makes adding some new series on broadcast channels easier to schedule .I put the new box in living room and moved HR20-700 into our sun room where at night it can continue all recordings set and free up the main set for MLB playoffs and some other live sport events to watch live in living room .Don,t for get Dexter is coming on again plus a new show Homeland which, looks good from the previews both on Showtime.

#73 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks David Ortiz, got it scheduled! And knock one out of Yankee Stadium for me tomorrow please! Go Sox!!!

Update: Watched it, pretty good, but why was the GIRL in prison for 10 years if her dad was the framed guy? She didn't do anything, she was just a kid at the time. Makes no sense.

Edited by Maruuk, 24 September 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#74 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,893 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

Caught up to Harry. Looks like another good season.

I'm just glad they spent time here updating the city shots. No more Riverfront in the Skyline. Looking forward to their version of a particular bar and restaurant downtown.

#75 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

At least in Boardwalk Empire, while there may be lots of bloodsuckers, not everyone is "magic".

#76 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

I take it you didn't see last year's effort from Paul Reiser.

I did and it was close...but, in my opinion, not as bad as Whitney. I gave the Paul Reiser show a second episode to see if it was just the pilot...nope. After that, I moved on.

Hey, if you like it, then by all means watch it. If you were referring to Whitney though, based on the response I saw on twitter during the show and the reviews I've seen, I wouldn't count on it being there long term.

Right on. Some of those people will watch a show they "hate" many times just to be sure.....

We have been asked to tone down our expressions of derisions on other's druthers. And in that vein I've refrained from replying "STFU" to more than one guy or gal. It'd be in vain, anyway, not to mention in poor taste and not within the t.o.s. of DBS.

Feel free to saw what you want. Not going to hurt my feelings. We're just talking about a TV show anyway. You're right about one thing. I *may* (haven't decided yet) watch Whitney next week just to see if any changes were made after the pilot. If not...and they'd have to be major changes to sway me... I'll move on with my life. Like I said...just a TV show.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#77 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Whitney was just ok. Might watch it again, but if I missed it, I wouldn't miss it. Some witty lines and a few laughs, but she and her BF had some very awkward/improv-style weak moments. Not great chemistry there.

Finally watched it last night. He was funnier than she was. Not sure if it was the writing or if his delivery was better. I'll keep it around for now.

#78 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Pan Am is very very good. Pleasant surprise. Up All Night is going great too. Didn't yet check out Terra Nova.

#79 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Once Upon a Time looks interesting.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...