Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

99 & 103 = Nightmare. Please help!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ericcooper1956@att.net

ericcooper1956@att.net

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

OK, for 3 days now, I have been outside for hours tilting, turning & twisting our dish, but to no avail. :confused:

Satellites 99© has 80-85% on Tuner 1, but Tuner 2 sits at 0% Not Acquired.

Sats 99(s) & 103(s) sit at 0% Not Acquired, even though the other two 103 sats have high 80%'s.

What else can we do to get these sats? Our locals play on the TV every once in awhile, then go out & we get the message: Searching For Satellite in 2 (771)...

And please do NOT tell me to call DirecTV. We have, and we cannot get them to service our dish because we live in a mobile home. I know, you have told me that they should, but they won't, even though we are legit customers since approx. 1995. We set the dishes up ourselves, and have to fix/adjust them ourselves.

We are super frustrated, and any help will be very appreciated! Thank you.

That does not make sense...I can get service from them at my mobile home

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,366 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Or to save the OP the trouble;

ellen.filipiak@directv.com

Yeah, but I was on my phone and in a rush, and I don't recall the spelling... :D

To the OP. your issue could be coming from one of several things, doing the trouble shooting, one thing at a time should allow you to narrow it down and find the culprit.

#23 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Before I went through all of that trouble I'd check the BBCs first. If 103c is 80-85% on both tuners, then the problem is likely a bad BBC.

I agree!! I was going off the fact that the basic troubleshooting was already done. I also may have assumed this is affecting all the boxes in the house instead of just one isolated box, so that kind of rules out bad BBC, or tuner issues with the boxes.

#24 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

OP -- Can you post your entire setup from the dish to the boxes in the house. I think if we knew your setup we could give you better answers.

#25 OFFLINE   dolt

dolt

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

This exact same issue also occurs for me (771 error on some channnels, but others work fine), but only very occasionally (once per month maybe). I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with a bad cable.

I have 2 receivers, and the one in the bedroom is not affected, so I know it has nothing to do with the dish or where it is pointed.

I have figured out how to fix it, for whatever reason, this works for me every time :confused: :
1. Unplug the receiver that is having the problem.
2. Unscrew the 2 coax cables that are connected to the switch that goes to the TV. (I think one says "To IRD" and one says "Out to TV" or something similar, but I'm at work).
3. Screw them back on.
4. Plug receiver back in.
5. Wait for reboot to complete, sometimes this takes 10+ minutes.
6. 771 error gone. Watch TV. Hope that something you tried to record didn't get screwed up.

#26 OFFLINE   SacR32

SacR32

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

This exact same issue also occurs for me (771 error on some channnels, but others work fine), but only very occasionally (once per month maybe). I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with a bad cable.

I have 2 receivers, and the one in the bedroom is not affected, so I know it has nothing to do with the dish or where it is pointed.

I have figured out how to fix it, for whatever reason, this works for me every time :confused: :
1. Unplug the receiver that is having the problem.
2. Unscrew the 2 coax cables that are connected to the switch that goes to the TV. (I think one says "To IRD" and one says "Out to TV" or something similar, but I'm at work).
3. Screw them back on.
4. Plug receiver back in.
5. Wait for reboot to complete, sometimes this takes 10+ minutes.
6. 771 error gone. Watch TV. Hope that something you tried to record didn't get screwed up.

I've been having the samething on my hr20-100. Looks like there was a software update last night now my tuner 1 is dead.

#27 OFFLINE   DTVFans

DTVFans

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Well I have some great news. I changed out the switch box yesterday, and all of the locals seem to be working perfectly now. I guess it went bad. It is quite a relief.

I wanted to thank everyone here for all the helpful advice. I think we are fixed now! Fingers crossed. :)

#28 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Awesome news! :up:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...