Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse

99 & 103 = Nightmare. Please help!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   SacR32

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

This exact same issue also occurs for me (771 error on some channnels, but others work fine), but only very occasionally (once per month maybe). I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with a bad cable.

I have 2 receivers, and the one in the bedroom is not affected, so I know it has nothing to do with the dish or where it is pointed.

I have figured out how to fix it, for whatever reason, this works for me every time :confused: :
1. Unplug the receiver that is having the problem.
2. Unscrew the 2 coax cables that are connected to the switch that goes to the TV. (I think one says "To IRD" and one says "Out to TV" or something similar, but I'm at work).
3. Screw them back on.
4. Plug receiver back in.
5. Wait for reboot to complete, sometimes this takes 10+ minutes.
6. 771 error gone. Watch TV. Hope that something you tried to record didn't get screwed up.

I've been having the samething on my hr20-100. Looks like there was a software update last night now my tuner 1 is dead.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Well I have some great news. I changed out the switch box yesterday, and all of the locals seem to be working perfectly now. I guess it went bad. It is quite a relief.

I wanted to thank everyone here for all the helpful advice. I think we are fixed now! Fingers crossed. :)

#28 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Unaffiliated with the CG Youth Auxiliary

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,359 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Awesome news! :up:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...