Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Smart Search not finding programming on AMCHD

mark

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D_Thomas

D_Thomas

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

I am not able to find AMCHD programming using Smart Search. The programming guide data is on the DVR as I can see it in the Grid Guide. I setup my new series links for Breaking Bad using the Grid Guide and it recorded fine last night and it shows up for next week in the To Do list.

But anytime I use Smart Search for anything on AMCHD (a movie or a series), it says not found.

I also noticed something else strange. When you first go into Smart Search (and before entering text), there are usually 4 areas below the text entry box that change each week and highlight different pre-defined searches that DirecTV setup. I just see blank space in these areas when I first go into Smart Search.

I figured it would take some time for the new AMCHD programming to show up in Smart Search... but several days later? And it isn't a matter of the guide data being missing because I can see it in the Grid Guide. So the guide data is there, but Smart Search doesn't seem to see it.

I restarted the receiver yesterday and still see the same results. I have 3 HD DVRs and seeing the same thing on all three. I have the default of Hide SD Duplicates, so understand that is keeping the AMC (SD) channels from showing up in Smart Search.

How long does it take for Smart Search to index the guide data and provide results for AMCHD or any new channel?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,120 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I aw this issue yesterday as well. I fixed it on one unit by flushing the guide data. I'll pass this to a mod to see if they can look into it, this is something they need to fix because very few people will figure that out on their own.

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

This seems to be an issue every time there is a new channel add. It takes about 2 weeks to get everything right, unless you do the old double-reboot trick.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   D_Thomas

D_Thomas

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

I'll pass this to a mod to see if they can look into it, this is something they need to fix because very few people will figure that out on their own.

Thanks... many people will appreciate this getting fixed. Most people will not be aware of the double restart workaround.

#5 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

Wondering about this myself. Glad to see this thread.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

Protected By... spam firewall...And...