Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Phantom 722K on my Network

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,010 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

Good explanation on how Homeplug/Ethernet work via DishComm. I see how that could happen IF I ever had a 722K.

Thanks... I figured it was worth explaining even though you did rule it out, just in case it comes up again maybe you (or someone with a similar problem) will remember this thread.

I do have a wireless capable router and I used WPA2-PSK (AES) security along with MAC filtering. However, when I switched to wired connections, I disabled all wireless functions in the router.

I've spent way too much time on this and there doesn't seem to be a solution.

Yeah... I can't think of anything else... so unless someone is leaching your internet bandwidth in a noticeable way, I'm not sure what else you could do. I suppose you could explicitly ban the 722K MAC address within your router and that would stop it from showing up again. If you did that, and you don't get any complaints... then you can wash your hands of it.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall