Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help!! CC&R Restrictions in BEND, OREGON

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

I live in Bend OR and live in an area with CC&R's. We have an HD dish installed, not painted and have had no issues. We called Directv and they sent their installer out to install everything. The tech told me he worked directly for Directv and I see their trucks all over town.

Not sure what area you are purchasing a home in, but everyone in our area has a dish and it is not painted.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   CATCRAW

CATCRAW

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Just another thought on the CC&R's - I know that the CC&R's for our area were written several years ago. The reference to the dish size of 18" was limit those great big dishes from being installed, you know the ones that took up the entire yard. 18" was the current size at the time for Directv and the CC&R's have not been updated to allow for the new HD dishes of today that are slightly larger.

#28 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

Does anyone know who the Home Service company for Bend, Oregon is? and how to contact them directly? DTV won't tell me. I think talking to them first and getting a seasoned installer in this area would be in my best interest. Should I post another thread on the Home Service company topic?

I live in Bend OR and live in an area with CC&R's. We have an HD dish installed, not painted and have had no issues. We called Directv and they sent their installer out to install everything. The tech told me he worked directly for Directv and I see their trucks all over town.

Not sure what area you are purchasing a home in, but everyone in our area has a dish and it is not painted.

I believe DirecTV bought up their HSPs a few years ago. I know Ironwood was one. They were the HSP in Phoenix, and most other cities.

#29 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Just another thought on the CC&R's - I know that the CC&R's for our area were written several years ago. The reference to the dish size of 18" was limit those great big dishes from being installed, you know the ones that took up the entire yard. 18" was the current size at the time for Directv and the CC&R's have not been updated to allow for the new HD dishes of today that are slightly larger.

see my post above http://www.dbstalk.c...42&postcount=12

Protected By... spam firewall...And...