Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

522 receiver smart card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doc_Monty

Doc_Monty

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

I just purchased a used/ (new never activated) 522 receiver from a gentleman that moved into an apt that provided free cable so the unit sat in his closet still in the box. According to what I have read, these receivers did not use a seperate smart card, the card info was built onto the main board. I have read a few post where some users have had to get a new G3 card in order to activate the 522 receivers. Anyone have any first hand experience with these receivers and any problem with activation? I called Dish Customer support and gave them the R00xxxxxxx receiver number to confirm it could be activated. They said it had never been activated so it sould not be a problem. They did not mention having to get a new smart card.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:22 AM

Dish or PMing a DIRT member here will give you the quickest answer. I know that all the 522/625s I install as a tech have a card in them though. If you need one I'm sure Dish will send it to you, for a small fee probably.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,752 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

Then check again System Info screen (press Menu twice) - if card ID is S19xxxx, that it has G3 card in it. If not - expect get new card (for free if you're lucky).

spam firewall