Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ringer: Pilot : OAD 9/13/2011: S01E01

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

Show: Ringer
Episode: Pilot
OAD: 9/13/2011
ID: S01E01
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

So who watched?

All I must say, that don't attempt to watch Episode #2, if you haven't seen Episode #1.
I am not sure they could introduce that many twists and turns in 45 minutes, and establish the characters already enough to the point that you have an idea of who each person will be.

Not bad for the Pilot... can certainly see why the show was given a chance.

Edited by Earl Bonovich, 14 September 2011 - 01:29 PM.

Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

Did you mean "don't attempt to watch Episode #2, if you haven't seen Episode #1."?
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

Did you mean "don't attempt to watch Episode #2, if you haven't seen Episode #1."?

Yah... duh... typo on my part.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

So now that we are a few posts in... spoilers below, you have been warned (and since is the rule of the forum, that episode/date title posts, in the past don't need spoilers).

- Sibohan being alive... duh, not surprising.
- THREE possible people trying to kill the new "Sibohan"... The husband, because he was saying he wanted out... , the friend because she really found out her husband was cheating with, and of course the obvious... sibohan her self.

I really thought the attacker was going to be Henry... jealousy rage that he won't get his child.

Henry could also be in on the whole thing, and is setting Bridget up... to make it real...and is with Sibohan in Paris soon.

Heck Sibohan and her best friend may be more than friends.

Or even more so... Sibohan, could be working with the mob guy... and this is all an elaborate plot to kill Bridget...

A lot was introduced in the 45 minutes
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#6 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

I couldn't even make it to the end. I thought it was terrible.

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Episode 1 is being re-aired Friday night for those interested.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

It was better than I expected.
Watched it with my wife. Part of what she calls "Trash Tuesday" (with 90210).
Mrs. Lucky's comment: SMG should get rid of the raccoon mascara.

#9 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Watched it off the DVR Sunday. I thought it was a big mess:

FLAT ACTING - SMJ was at times sleep walking on screen and gave no real dimension to the two different sisters. Come on SMJ, you can do better than this!

BAD BLUE SCREEN - did they do this on purpose as an homage to Hitchcock or something? The scene on the boat was especially bad.

STORYLINE/EDITING ISSUES - She slipped into her new life way too easily. Within one scene she knew who virtually everyone was and what she was supposed to do. The introduction of the step daughter is a glaring example - she comes home to find two people having s*x in the house. How the heck did she know who they were?

THIS IS NOIR? - They touted this as a dark thriller with noir overtones. Other than the very well done hooded killer scene in the loft, there wasn't much noir here.

Okay, so I've been pretty brutal on Ringer but despite all the problems I sorta liked the show. If they can fix the problems it could be good. Hopefully the producers (and SMJ) take a hard look at the pilot and tighten things up.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#10 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

Watched it off the DVR Sunday. I thought it was a big mess:

FLAT ACTING - SMJ was at times sleep walking on screen and gave no real dimension to the two different sisters. Come on SMJ, you can do better than this!

BAD BLUE SCREEN - did they do this on purpose as an homage to Hitchcock or something? The scene on the boat was especially bad.

STORYLINE/EDITING ISSUES - She slipped into her new life way too easily. Within one scene she knew who virtually everyone was and what she was supposed to do. The introduction of the step daughter is a glaring example - she comes home to find two people having s*x in the house. How the heck did she know who they were?

THIS IS NOIR? - They touted this as a dark thriller with noir overtones. Other than the very well done hooded killer scene in the loft, there wasn't much noir here.

Okay, so I've been pretty brutal on Ringer but despite all the problems I sorta liked the show. If they can fix the problems it could be good. Hopefully the producers (and SMJ) take a hard look at the pilot and tighten things up.

The boat scene was comically atricious. Looked like some high school video project editing. It was a disater. And not just the special effects, but the whole premise. Bouncing along the ocean and a fairly decent clip, all the while having a normal conversation, walking around, pouring/drinking wine, etc. Has anybody involved with that show ever actually been on a boat?

#11 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Like it and have it on my to due list.

#12 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

We'll record and watch it at least through episode 5. We liked it ok but do expect it to get better beyond episode 3. I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar did fine particularly considering it was a pilot. After all her twin characters were a recovering drug addict and a cold-hearted b**ch.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#13 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:51 AM

After all her twin characters were a recovering drug addict and a cold-hearted b**ch.

...and yet she played them both the exact same way. ;)
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#14 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

"Ringer" just got a full season order from The CW according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#15 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

Did something happen to last week's episode? Went to watch Ringer live last night and they showed scenes I had not seen before. Got on the WWW and found I missed last week's episode. Checked my History and the 10/4 episode is listed as "Canceled". I guess I'll have to watch it online.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...