Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Internet through coax w/o MRV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Madtowner

Madtowner

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

I do not currently have MRV. HR22-100 in family room, HR20-700 in master bedroom and H23-600 in computer room. Dish connected through SWM. I would like to have internet connected to all of the receivers, but would rather not go the wireless route. Would the following work: Add a DECA to each receiver and run an ethernet cable from the dsl modem/router directly to the DECA of the H23 (plus a second ethernet connection to the H23).

If this configuration works, what else would be required to have MRV up and working?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,412 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

It's not a "good idea" to use a receiver in pass through mode, so adding another DECA [either a BB DECA or the wireless CCK] would be better.
Depending on with SWiM you have, you may need to use a bandstop filter.
Once all of this was done, to get MRV working would take a call to DirecTV to have it added to your account for $3/month.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Madtowner

Madtowner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Where/how would I connect the 2nd DECA/BB DECA? Also, what types of SWiMs are there? Is one of them a Duo?

Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,412 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Where/how would I connect the 2nd DECA/BB DECA? Also, what types of SWiMs are there? Is one of them a Duo?

Thanks!

To connect another DECA, you'd need to have an unused port on your splitter to connect the coax to feed it, add another splitter downstream, or if you went with the wireless CCK, it has a pass through mode which means it can be put "inline" with a receiver's SAT feed.

As for what type of SWiM: the older ones didn't have the BSF and the new ones that do, have a green sticker/label on them to indicate this.

This thread has some helpful pictures: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=177308
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall