Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Local CW in HD

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,634 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

Our CW in Reno has been an HD channel for years, but it is the only local channel we don't get in HD on DirecTV. Weird. We even get a "My Network 21" channel in HD for some reason, but no CW. I would love to be able to see Supernatural in HD!

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   chewwy420

chewwy420

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

Been waiting for cw in hd for a while here in Harrisburg,Pa. We have all the others in HD but not CW. We even have PBS. The CBS affiliate owns CW here and they are in HD.

#23 OFFLINE   QuickDrop

QuickDrop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

Wow, Pittsburgh is the only market in the top 30 not to get the CW in HD and the 8 markets after us get it to.

I wonder what Pittsburgh did to upset D*

I would very much like to get Pittsburgh's CW in HD too. It's not a subchannel in the area and I believe DishNetwork has added it in HD within the last few months.

#24 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

As to Pittsburgh, the issue probably is that the station is actually in Johnstown. CBS owns it and operates it out of its co-owned KDKA studio, but the FCC requires that the transmitter remain elsewhere.

Anyway, we get our local CW station in HD. Really a waste as the only things it ever shows in HD is the CW's actual network programming which is only 2 hours per day, 5 days per week (and so estrogen soaked as to be uninteresting to me), and a single football game on Saturdays (which is available elsewhere in the Sports Pack).

#25 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

I would very much like to get Pittsburgh's CW in HD too. It's not a subchannel in the area and I believe DishNetwork has added it in HD within the last few months.

I'm not thinking about leaving, but I checked and it is avaliable from Dish.

#26 OFFLINE   mark h

mark h

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

Our CW in Reno has been an HD channel for years, but it is the only local channel we don't get in HD on DirecTV. Weird. We even get a "My Network 21" channel in HD for some reason, but no CW. I would love to be able to see Supernatural in HD!

CW in Reno not in HD anymore. They had financial problems so I understand and sold HD to KREN (Univision) a year or more ago.

mark

Edited by mark h, 17 September 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#27 OFFLINE   DnceForce

DnceForce

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm also frustrated that Pittsburgh doesn't get the CW in HD. You pay a lot of money for these HD channels and they don't all come in HD! I find it ridiculous. And I love DirecTV, I do. But I want to watch my Supernatural in HD.

spam firewall