Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole Home Playlists not updating

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   kmattoo

kmattoo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Cool, thanks. I'm still playing around w/ my wireless setup seeing if I can get it back to working correctly. But if not, it's time to move over to DECA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,657 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Cool, thanks. I'm still playing around w/ my wireless setup seeing if I can get it back to working correctly. But if not, it's time to move over to DECA

"Good luck" [I'd give it a shot too].
Wireless seems to work best when it's the hop to your home network and not used for streaming MRV.

This is a bit old, but would be close to what you'd have, but you'd have the white DECAs on each receiver:
Posted Image
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   kmattoo

kmattoo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the diagram. Still messing around w/ the network, no luck. I'll probably just called DTV and have them do the install next week or something. A shame. I thought the wireless adapter solution was the fix (I guess it was for a year or so)

#24 OFFLINE   kmattoo

kmattoo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

So, I found a pretty stupid work around.

If I change the ip of the receiver in advanced network setup, it will locate the new items in the playlist from the den.

I will see how annoying this gets.

spam firewall