Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

retentions special number for former customers??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   churdie

churdie

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

have dish want to call rententions directly see what they can offer going to cost me $200 to get out of dish contract want to jump back any help appreciated

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Have you tried to call the regular number 1-800-DIRECTV and see what may be available to you? That's got to be the best place to start.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

There is no special number for former customers.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Why would you even want to call retentions when you a no longer a DirecTV customer?
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#5 OFFLINE   Joe C

Joe C

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

Why would you even want to call retentions when you a no longer a DirecTV customer?

Did you even read the OP ? He wants to come back and wants to know what retention will do for him.

have dish want to call rententions directly see what they can offer going to cost me $200 to get out of dish contract want to jump back any help appreciated

#6 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

Did you even read the OP ? He wants to come back and wants to know what retention will do for him.

"Retention" doesn't make sense for someone who is already gone.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#7 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

If he's not a current customer there's nothing to "retain".
When news breaks...we fix it.

#8 OFFLINE   TDK1044

TDK1044

Godfather

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

What the OP needs to do is set up a three way conference call between himself...'DirecTV Customer Acquisition' and 'Dish Customer Retention' and watch the feathers fly. :)

#9 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

The OP needs to get a "new customer" deal, assuming he hasn't been a Direct client the past 2 years. I did get a :lol: about calling "retentions".....

#10 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,557 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Are you sure about the amount or are you using DIRECTV's ETF numbers? DISH Network charges $17.50/month remaining on the commitment and that never comes out to nice round multiples of $100.

I understand that the principle is the same, but you need to understand precisely what you're up against.

Calling retention after being away for more than a year is a very, very long shot. If DIRECTV is willing to treat you as a "Born Again Virgin" customer, you may come way out ahead of what you would otherwise get for reactivating.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#11 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

Retention does not apply to a former customer..it only applies to a current customer thinking of truly leaving, and also not just someone trying to leverage the threat of leaving either...

#12 OFFLINE   armchair

armchair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

The OP may be referring to the Directv Winback department. If it still exists, they most likely send you flyers with winback offers. Your old account # is keyed to their offer and the phone number would be on the flyer.

I would think the 1-800-DIRECTV number would direct you to winback program.

#13 OFFLINE   timdh

timdh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

For what it's worth, I just signed up with Directv again today after being with AT&T Uverse for about 18 months. I got the deals a new customer would get (free HBO/Sho/Cinemax/etc for 3 months, free HD DVR plus 1 free HD receiver, $$ off my monthly bill for the first year, free NFL package, etc) plus as a former customer I did not have to go through a credit check. They also threw in an extra $5 off per month for 1 year, free shipping ($20 value) and an instant $25 credit for the 1st month when I asked if they could do anything else for me.

Bottom line, they wanted me back and were very willing to give me good deals to return. The number I called was the Directv phone number right on the front page of their web site. I would call their main number and be completely honest about what you need help with.

Tim

#14 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

I quit just three months ago. I don't plan to come back but I got offer to come back with a $30 discount for 12 months plus up to $200 to pay off an early termination fee with offer code wkb2. Watch your email cause thats where I got the best offers.

You can also get someone to send you an email referral and see if it allows you to sign back up as a new customer. No need to switch names or alter your address either. That worked for me just about a year ago.
Almost there.
A few more seconds please...

#15 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

I quit just three months ago. I don't plan to come back but I got offer to come back with a $30 discount for 12 months plus up to $200 to pay off an early termination fee with offer code wkb2. Watch your email cause thats where I got the best offers.

You can also get someone to send you an email referral and see if it allows you to sign back up as a new customer. No need to switch names or alter your address either. That worked for me just about a year ago.

So in the past year, you've changed providers 3 times? I'd never be able to figure out all the different equipment.

#16 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

So in the past year, you've changed providers 3 times? I'd never be able to figure out all the different equipment.

I got a very attractive offer from Fios that would have saved me about $25 a month vs my current DirecTV service. I already have Verizon Fios Internet and phone service.

Once Verizon added the local taxes, which aren't shown on their web site until your final acceptance screen, the actual monthly saving was around $3.

It's not worth learning a new system for that small savings. I especially like DirecTV's local channel numbering in the single and double digits. For example, I get CBS HD on channel 2 now but with Fios CBS HD is channel 502.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

spam firewall