Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Troubles with component output & SlingBox

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

Over the past few months my Sling at times on the client will have just audio, I can recover it by changing the resolution on the client from HQ to SQ, which starts to work and then switch back to HQ and then component ouputs work fine (until the next time it doesn't).

See post My Setup for configuration info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   MatthewTheRaven

MatthewTheRaven

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi folks, was AFK for the weekend.

My normal setup is HR-24 to HDMI switchbox to Samsung HL-T6187 via HDMI and HR-24 to Slingbox SOLO via both component and composite (I added the composite connection when the component one stopped working).

To eliminate possible HDCP issues, I currently have the HDMI completely unplugged from the back of the HR-24 altogether. So right now I basically have an HR-24 only plugged into the Slingbox via component and composite.

I did a reset again and this time it seemed to work. The Slingbox did freak out for a couple of seconds and I thought it wasn't working again, but it did give an error about receiving a 1080p signal and then eventually starting working properly. Can the HR-24 send out 1080p through the component? I know you can't turn it on in the menus normally without having an HDMI connection.

After doing this, I reattached the HDMI and the switchbox to the HR-24 and my TV and now everything is working. Very strange.

One thing that I did change between the old setup and now was to change the input I used on my TV. For some reason the audio isn't working on the input-1, so I used the input-2 and it's working again. I suppose that could be some weird HDCP thing also or just an HDMI failure in general. The picture works fine on input-1 though, so it's also possible that the audio was messed up in the settings of the TV (I have an 11 month old who LOVES to play with remotes, so it's entirely possible)

So as it stands now, everything appears to be working, but I have no idea what made it stop working and exactly what caused it to start working again, but I'm not going to worry about it too much until it stops again. If anybody else has a similar issue, I would try resetting the box a few times with the HDMI disconnected while watching the progress on the Slingbox.

HR24-500 | Samsung HL-T6187 | DECA
HR24-500 | Sony KD-34XBR960 | DECA
H24-100 | JVC AV-27D305 | DECA
Slimline Dish w/ SWM-LNB3

#23 OFFLINE   tooloud10

tooloud10

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Anyone ever figure this problem out? I'm having a very similar problem with an identical setup, except in my case the video is perfect and there is no sound at all--except on the DirecTV info channels.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...