Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

IR to RF and now nothing works

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   badgerdave

badgerdave

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hey Guys,

I was trying to switch my remote (for a H24-100) from IR mode to RF mode and was apparently unsucessful. Now I can't control the box. I've tried to gain control back by running through the RF switchover again--holding mute and select, punching in 961 and channel up and then the last six digits of the RID number followed by select twice and nothing happened. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Dave
[B]Without music, life would be a mistake.[/B]
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 60" Microdisplay
HR22-100 w/AM21
Sony KV-34XBR910 34" HDTV
HR24-500
Panasonic Plasma 42"
HR21-700
Samsung 26" HDTV
HR24-500
Vizio 26" HDTV
H24-100
Samsung 19" Flat Screen 4:3 TV
R16-500
Slimline 5lnb dish with SWiM-16 and DECA
OTA antenna in attic feeding DC & Batlimore HD Channels to basement HDTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,847 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

Try this:
1. dtv [slider]
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1
4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receivers ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

You can use the front panel to navigate to System Setup and check More System Info to see if the box is actually in RF mode (scroll down a couple of pages and it will say IR or RF). Is it possible that the remote is not an RF remote? RF remotes have the FCC sticker on the back. I wouldn't think that a non RF remote would even take the code, but I've seen stranger things.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,847 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

You can use the front panel to navigate to System Setup and check More System Info to see if the box is actually in RF mode (scroll down a couple of pages and it will say IR or RF). Is it possible that the remote is not an RF remote? RF remotes have the FCC sticker on the back. I wouldn't think that a non RF remote would even take the code, but I've seen stranger things.

"Most" remotes now have an R in the model [RC 64R] if they're RF capable.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,996 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

If it is the remote which came with your H24-100, it probably is IR-only (mine came with a RC65) and does not have the FCC sticker on the back. Typically, only HD DVRs come with RF-capable remotes. RF remotes can be purchased from Directv for ~$25.

If necessary, you can switch the receiver back to IR using the front panel controls.

#6 OFFLINE   badgerdave

badgerdave

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

If it is the remote which came with your H24-100, it probably is IR-only (mine came with a RC65) and does not have the FCC sticker on the back. Typically, only HD DVRs come with RF-capable remotes. RF remotes can be purchased from Directv for ~$25.

If necessary, you can switch the receiver back to IR using the front panel controls.

Yep, that's the issue. Not sure whether I used the remote that came with the box or just continued to use an older one, but when I went into my box of extra remotes and pulled one out with a FCC sticker on the back and it worked like a charm. I knew it had to something really basic that I was missing. Thanks for the pointers everybody.

Cheers!
[B]Without music, life would be a mistake.[/B]
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 60" Microdisplay
HR22-100 w/AM21
Sony KV-34XBR910 34" HDTV
HR24-500
Panasonic Plasma 42"
HR21-700
Samsung 26" HDTV
HR24-500
Vizio 26" HDTV
H24-100