Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

So where's the "Sunday Ticket at No Charge"??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nickg2

nickg2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

i thought new customers were getting Sunday Ticket this year at no cost? i ain't gettin' crap!!!!! WTF??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Did you switch to DirecTV while they were having the free ST promotion?
Go Big Red!!!

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

If you are a new customer, call DirecTV or you can go to their web site and log on and reauthorize your receivers.

#4 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Did you sign up for premier? If so, when they signed you up, they would have told you that you had it enabled.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#5 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

I got it and love it! Watching green bay/carolina right now. Way better than red zone. Cam is a jock!

#6 OFFLINE   nickg2

nickg2

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

Did you switch to DirecTV while they were having the free ST promotion?

yes, signed up in June when the promo first started running.

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,117 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

yes, signed up in June when the promo first started running.

Is it on your account? You can look online. If so, then try resending authorization at www.directv.com/resend

Call DirecTV if that fails.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   nickg2

nickg2

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

well the resending authorization didn't work. i may have to call. thanks guys.

#9 OFFLINE   nickg2

nickg2

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

called DTV...said they didn't start the Sunday Ticket to everyone for free until July and i signed up in June. what a pain in the rear!!!

#10 OFFLINE   Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Cam is lucky that Andrew Luck decided to come back to Stanford to win a national championship.

Had Luck declared, he would have been the #1 pick, and today would be posting numbers superior to Cam's in the NFL.
Since 1995 the average cable bill has increased 122%, while TV consumption per household just 13%.

http://www.multichan...1_Per_Month.php

http://blog.nielsen....-all-time-high/

#11 OFFLINE   nickg2

nickg2

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Cam is lucky that Andrew Luck decided to come back to Stanford to win a national championship.

Had Luck declared, he would have been the #1 pick, and today would be posting numbers superior to Cam's in the NFL.

last week cam had 422 yards...this week 432 yards....how much more superior do you really think luck will do in his first two games in the NFL? probably not numbers like this.

#12 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

called DTV...said they didn't start the Sunday Ticket to everyone for free until July and i signed up in June. what a pain in the rear!!!

You would have received a different promo, (xx dollars off for xx months) so just apply that savings to paying for ST. Six of one, 18 lbs of the other. :)

#13 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

last week cam had 422 yards...this week 432 yards....how much more superior do you really think luck will do in his first two games in the NFL? probably not numbers like this.

Don't know how Luck will fare in the NFL, highly doubtful he will have a better first two weeks than Cam.

Career? Maybe? Long time to go and plenty of injuries to be avoided to hazard a long term call.

What doesn't need anytime to make a long term call is Stanford winning a BCS championship.

No Chance in Hades. None, nada, zero!

To comment on the actual thread. My sister and brother in law signed up for the Free NFLST offer in August. Happy as clams through the first two weeks..
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#14 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hard not to throw for 800 yards the way GB played defense at the beginning of yesterday's game. And Arizona loses to Washington, so that shows how good their defense is! According to the new ESPN ratings, Cam is 16th in the NFL.

Bottom line, 0-2!

#15 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

Cam is playing better than pretty much anyone expected at this point. That being said, two weeks in a row he failed at a game changing drive at the end of the game.

While the results are the same, as a Panthers fan, I can say wholeheartedly that this year's 0-2 start is a million light years ahead of last year's 0-2 start.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#16 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,069 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

I did find something interesting. During the Patriots/Chargers game when Brady went over 400 yards, they were talking about how he was just the 6th quarterback to have consecutive 400 yard games and the listed them (Fouts, Marino, Simms, Volek, Cassel), but that he was the first to do it to open a season.

But someone had failed to update their info that Newton had already accomplished that feat earlier in the day. :eek2:

No one has had 3 consecutive 400 yard games. Next week Newton has JAX at home, and Brady is @ BUF. It could be interesting.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...