Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Reminder about Sunday shows on FOX and CBS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Do not forget to pad your timers because the 4 o clock foot ball game always runs late. Missed parts of many shows because of that last year.....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

thanks for the reminder I record 3 extra hours of amazing race because of this... I say move football to a sub channel :)

#3 OFFLINE   gilviv

gilviv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

Way back when, I had to add time on the recordings of The Unit on CBS, looks like The Good Wife is going to need added recording time as well!

DirecTV since July 2006, WholeHome & HDDVR Service
Slimline5 SWM-LNB Dish to:
3x HR24/100s #1 w/AM21N via HDMI to LG 42LH90/240hz Full LED, #2 w/AM21N & #3 both via HDMI to 2-LG 32LK330/60hz LCDs
1x HR23/700 via HDMI> Sharp 26" LCD

#4 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

thanks for the reminder I record 3 extra hours of amazing race because of this.

Wow. I only add an hour. Maybe I should bump it. Not a big deal as we watch it almost as soon as it airs. But last year I had padded Undercover Boss instead of TAR, but many of them didn't get watched in a timely manner, so I had 2 hours of recordings taking up a 1 hour show and only every other one was even needed padding.

#5 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

This was posted by CSI Miami on Facebook

CSI: Miami
‎CBS Alert: Due to Live NFL football on Sunday, CSI: Miami COULD be delayed for East/Central Time Zone viewers ONLY, check her for updates

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,532 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

It is a special kind of pain when you have things on multiple channels.

I like the FOX Animation Domination and now have the Good Wife on CBS. I was considering trying Pan Am, but also watch Sunday Night Football... so it is impossible to set a regular timer for all the shows... so I kind of have to monitor things Sunday evening.

I can set a timer for the CBS show on days they don't have a late game... same for FOX on days they don't have a late game... but every once in a while both have a late game.

Pan Am is probably going to lose here because I don't have enough timers and tuners available.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall