Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket: How did Week 2 go?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RMBittner

RMBittner

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

Since Week #1 was a bit rocky, I couldn't help wondering what everyone's experience was this week with the ST package. Buggy? Beautiful?

(And, yes, I'm asking you all because I'm not yet a subscriber and so don't have the option myself. But I'll be fixing that "problem" in the next month.;))

Bob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,804 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

The TV side seemed fine. The streaming was better than last week, but the PQ was doodoo (I've read).
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Since Week #1 was a bit rocky, I couldn't help wondering what everyone's experience was this week with the ST package. Buggy? Beautiful?

(And, yes, I'm asking you all because I'm not yet a subscriber and so don't have the option myself. But I'll be fixing that "problem" in the next month.;))

Bob

The broadcast version is great as expected and as usual. (Most of the glitches are typically the network, not DIRECTV and there aren't many of them.)

I've read that the ToGo performance was not as good. Seems like the servers/network had capacity issues from what I've read and watched.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#4 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,274 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

ToGo was spotty. Excellent at times, especially on the later games. Heck of a lot better than last week.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#5 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Jags/Jets was on my local station. As a Jaguars fan I wanted to watch even as they were obliterated. The local CBS station switched halfway through the 4th qtr. I immediately called D* to try and get the blackout on ST lifted but to my surprise and satisfaction, it was lifted before I got through to anyone. So, I was happy about that.

#6 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Both my hd boxes reset about 3:20 eastern. I was recording Lions game and was watching it delayed from the list. It dumped what wad recored between where I was watching when it reset to current. Ended up missing the whole 3rd quarter.

#7 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

The Lions were hogging the Red Zone Channel. 48-3! :lol:

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,522 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Not a fan of either team but something told me to watch the Bills-Raiders game. What a roller coaster ride that was!

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#9 OFFLINE   patchs

patchs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Still cant watch To Go on cell phone unless wifi is on.
What is the point of TG if you can't use it outside of the house?

#10 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

My Cowboys need a roller coaster ride to get their "S" together.

#11 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

Which make/model cell phone?
Error message?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#12 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

I couldn't get it to work on wi-fi either. Told me to switch to 3G network. Of course it didn't work on that either.

Samsung Epic 4G

#13 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 931 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

Seriously...? You want to watch a football game on a cell phone :confused:

#14 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Seriously...? You want to watch a football game on a cell phone :confused:

If I'm somewhere that I must be (and may or may not want to be) and want to watch a game, yes I'll pick whatever I can get.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#15 OFFLINE   jsquash

jsquash

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

I had a problem with 2go today. Last week I was in Las Vegas and watched a few games on my laptop. Today I was at home and using my laptop again but the D* servers thought that I was still in Vegas and blackedout the games that were on tv there. I restarted my computer and cleared my cookies but it still didnt work. When I called in the 2 people tried to help but couldn't fix it, just told me I was out of luck. Its not the end of the world but is really annoying. I got 2go for free, otherwise I would be more upset.

#16 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

I had a problem with 2go today. Last week I was in Las Vegas and watched a few games on my laptop. Today I was at home and using my laptop again but the D* servers thought that I was still in Vegas and blackedout the games that were on tv there. I restarted my computer and cleared my cookies but it still didnt work. When I called in the 2 people tried to help but couldn't fix it, just told me I was out of luck. Its not the end of the world but is really annoying. I got 2go for free, otherwise I would be more upset.

My expectation is that PCs are located via the IP address. If your ISP does not properly give your location, you could have a problem.

There are a couple ways you can check your IP and the location assigned to it. Google searches should tell you where it thinks you are.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#17 OFFLINE   jsquash

jsquash

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

My expectation is that PCs are located via the IP address. If your ISP does not properly give your location, you could have a problem.

There are a couple ways you can check your IP and the location assigned to it. Google searches should tell you where it thinks you are.

Cheers,
Tom

I just did a google search and the results did show Green Bay as my location but I wonder if it might be my Mcafee Total Protection that is blocking it somehow. The second person that I talked to did say that my computer showed up as being located in Las Vegas as I figured was the problem from the start. Thanks for the quick reply.

#18 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

I just did a google search and the results did show Green Bay as my location but I wonder if it might be my Mcafee Total Protection that is blocking it somehow. The second person that I talked to did say that my computer showed up as being located in Las Vegas as I figured was the problem from the start. Thanks for the quick reply.

Ah, that is another possibility. I wonder if the application does some checks for VPNs and communicates that information back to the servers.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#19 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

Son switched to DTV 2 weeks ago, got the free NFL thing and reported that it worked great on his phone while at work today. Was with Dish for over 8 yrs and is one happy camper now that he switched.

#20 OFFLINE   AMike

AMike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

I had major audio static during the end of the Bills-Raiders game viewing through "normal" means. I switched to another channel that was also showing that game and there was no static on the other channel.

DirecTV subscriber 1999-2011, 2012 - present
Comcast subscriber 2011-2012, 2013 - present

spam firewall