Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish/Blockbuster announcement coming Friday

whole home dvr

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   slickshoes

slickshoes

Legend

• Registered
  • 257 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Yeah I don't get the games thing either, it's like we are getting this really long delay, same problem with me and NHL 12'... :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#362 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Note that unfortunately almost all the movies available for streaming are cropped to 16:9; they're not the full widescreen versions to be found on DVD or, if available, Blu-ray or for that matter as seen on TCM or HDNet Movies. :(

I've got to call and cancel BB Pass, it's pointless to me. :(

#363 OFFLINE   schmack

schmack

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

I wonder when the 922 will get the Blockbuster streams?

#364 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

In November supposedly.

#365 OFFLINE   Matt9876

Matt9876

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Finally streamed my first movie off Dishonline / BB website, Had to use my Windows 7 64 bit machine to get good/smooth results,My old XP pro 1.4 Ghz machine just wouldn't play the movie correctly.

#366 OFFLINE   sfatula

sfatula

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

I got a game for free on an exchange. My store says only the 99 cent games can be exchanged for free.
Steve
Zen Cart Consulting, osCommerce, Magento

#367 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

I wonder when the 922 will get the Blockbuster streams?

The word was mid-November for both 612 and 922. The 612s are getting it now so hopefully the 922 will be ahead. That will be an oddity for Dish :lol:
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#368 OFFLINE   EdN

EdN

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

When will the 211k get it, if at all?

The word was mid-November for both 612 and 922. The 612s are getting it now so hopefully the 922 will be ahead. That will be an oddity for Dish :lol:

#369 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

Was going through my queue of discs for moviepass today. Why in the world does Blockbuster list movies on their website that are "unavailable"? Quite a few movies that did not say unavailable when I put them in the queue are listed as unavailable once added. Why list them at all?

The GUI on the website kind of blows too, guess I got used to the ease of finding things on the netflix website when I had it.

#370 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

Was going through my queue of discs for moviepass today. Why in the world does Blockbuster list movies on their website that are "unavailable"? Quite a few movies that did not say unavailable when I put them in the queue are listed as unavailable once added. Why list them at all?

The GUI on the website kind of blows too, guess I got used to the ease of finding things on the netflix website when I had it.

+1 , Same for me.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#371 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Same here, the interface on the website really turned me off on the whole idea of it.
I made my que, but as a website designer and artist (hobbies) i was thoroughly put off by the whole thing.

#372 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Was going through my queue of discs for moviepass today. Why in the world does Blockbuster list movies on their website that are "unavailable"?

It makes sense for them to do that. For example, there's a new movie in the theaters that you'd like to see on DVD when the DVD is released. You can add it to your queue now while you're thinking about it. It'll also help them estimate how many people will want that title. They can use the info to determine how many copies to license when the DVD is released. They might also use the info to encourage studios to release specific titles on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Quite a few movies that did not say unavailable when I put them in the queue are listed as unavailable once added.

That, of course, doesn't make sense.

I like a few things about the BlockBuster interface better than Netflix. For one thing, Netflix seems to try to hide new or popular releases. I understand that they are trying to encourage you to choose things that are in less demand, and it sometimes helps me to discover titles I might have missed, but it is a bit annoying. The odd thing is that it does the same thing for "Instant" titles.

BB makes it easier to review new and upcoming releases. But, I agree that, in general, the Netflix site is better.

-- Roger

#373 OFFLINE   jeffdb27

jeffdb27

AllStar

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

It makes sense for them to do that. For example, there's a new movie in the theaters that you'd like to see on DVD when the DVD is released. You can add it to your queue now while you're thinking about it.

-- Roger

They already have a seperate section for that, like Netflix does. Below my queue, there is a section called "Not Yet Available". The one movie in there has a status of "Unknown". Yet there are a dozen movies in my regular queue of 34 items that are "Unavailable"

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind being able to find movies that are unavailable. Maybe they will become available at some point, and then they are already in my queue. But IMHO, they should move these to another section, like the "Not Yet Available" section, so my regular queue isn't cluttered up with stuff that isn't going to be sent to me.

Hopper (owned) + EHD + Sling Adapter + OTA Adapter
AT200 + BB@Home + RSNs + Locals
SATS: 110/119/129
Dish Network Customer since
October 1996

#374 OFFLINE   slickshoes

slickshoes

Legend

• Registered
  • 257 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Nice thing is you can use blockbustermoviepass.com OR blockbuster.com. I kind of like the interface on bmp.com but like the mouse hover over descriptions on blockbuster.com...

#375 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Nice thing is you can use blockbustermoviepass.com OR blockbuster.com. I kind of like the interface on bmp.com but like the mouse hover over descriptions on blockbuster.com...

I recently had problems with a missing disk. I could not 'report' using blockbuster.com
With Blockbustermoviepass.com it was no problem to report

#376 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

When I was getting movies in my queue that say unavailable, before I put them in my queue it said "dvd ships in 1-2 days". These are more obscure titles, definitely not newly released or titles that have not been released yet. I like the really "bad" 60's and 70's horror titles, like those from something weird studios, these titles all said available in the info box but unavailable when in my queue. If they are unavailable it should say so in the info box! It is nearly impossible to browse titles with any kind of speed, if you don't know what you might want to rent the website blows.

#377 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

I was going to complete registration for BMP until I read the agreement. As I read it, this current "free with my Platinum HD for the same $10/month with a name change" is going to end at some point and I'll be billed another monthly charge unless I anticipate the ending and cancel BMP. I'm always suspicious of so-called freebies, which is why I didn't rush to register right away.

I have AEP, free HD, and Movie Pass currently on my bill. My receiver is not internet connected and I probably won't invest in the hardware to do that any time soon. I might use the mailed DVD service a little, but I don't want a higher monthly DISH bill in a few months. And I don't trust DISH to warn me before they slap another monthly fee on for BMP.

Am I reading the terms of this "free" offer correctly or just paranoid?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whole home dvr

Protected By... spam firewall...And...