Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

322 Activation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tbohio88

tbohio88

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

I currently have a DuoDVR722k receiver and a SoloVIP211k receiver. I purchased a brand new 322 receiver from Amazon to add service to another bedroom. When I called Dish Network to activate the new 322 receiver they told me that the 322 is no longer supported because it has MPEG2 technology. I just wanted to verify that this is true statement and that there is no way to activate this receiver. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

No, that is a completely false statement. Call back and hopefully you'll get a competent CSR. Also, make sure you call the phone # from Dish's website or you bill - ones listed in the yellow pages are 3rd party dealers half the time.

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

If you're on Eastern Arc (61.5-72.7-77), you have to have an MPEG-4 receiver. The 322 can be used on WA but won't get the HD channels.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#4 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:44 AM

I currently have a DuoDVR722k receiver and a SoloVIP211k receiver. I purchased a brand new 322 receiver from Amazon to add service to another bedroom. When I called Dish Network to activate the new 322 receiver they told me that the 322 is no longer supported because it has MPEG2 technology. I just wanted to verify that this is true statement and that there is no way to activate this receiver. Thanks.

Depends, did the CSR try to at least run the r00/s19 then tell you that statement or did they say it right off the bat.
It really comes down to your install but it can still currently be done if your pointing in the right direction :)

#5 OFFLINE   tbohio88

tbohio88

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

I am on the western arc. I have a 1000.4 dish and I am locked on satellites 119, 110 and 129. As soon as I give the CSR the receiver id and smart card # they say that it cannot be activated because it is old technology (MPEG2). Any suggestions? Does the receiver need to be connected to a certain port on the LNBF?

#6 OFFLINE   The Texan

The Texan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

This is the same information I am being given by Dish, about my 508. They told me that they will NOT activate or support any Mpeg2 receivers and I MUST upgrade to an Mpeg4 receiver. This info was sent to me unsolicited and in writing by Dish, not from a CSR over the phone. Something tells me that the techs and dealers are being left out of the loop, while Dish makes some major changes.
Bob - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & FL LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins W/ 540w/35A solar system -Pulling our '05 GMC Sierra LT, CC, Z-71, w/ 2010 Silver Rzr in back.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

I am on the western arc. I have a 1000.4 dish and I am locked on satellites 119, 110 and 129. As soon as I give the CSR the receiver id and smart card # they say that it cannot be activated because it is old technology (MPEG2). Any suggestions? Does the receiver need to be connected to a certain port on the LNBF?

Call again and again, insist you'll watch from the box on two old TV in kid's rooms !

Any output will works fine.

#8 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

It's not just MPEG2/MPEG4 - it's also QPSK / 8PSK - I know the 311 DOES support this, not so sure about the 322. But otherwise - you should be able to use the 322 since you have Western Arc.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#9 OFFLINE   tbohio88

tbohio88

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

I called Dish again and spoke to CSR and supervisor. Was told that even though I was on the western arc, my account is flagged as an HD only account and I cannot add any SD receivers.

#10 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

I called Dish again and spoke to CSR and supervisor. Was told that even though I was on the western arc, my account is flagged as an HD only account and I cannot add any SD receivers.

so you would need the ViP equivalent - the 222.
And THAT makes sense.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#11 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

It's not just MPEG2/MPEG4 - it's also QPSK / 8PSK - I know the 311 DOES support this, not so sure about the 322. But otherwise - you should be able to use the 322 since you have Western Arc.

322 and 522/625/512 - all has same design and HW (exclude DVR part).

#12 OFFLINE   sliderbob

sliderbob

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

TRUE! I have a 722 dvr and a 522 dvr. I tried to activate a 311 and they said the exact same thing. I had to go ahead and sell the 311.

#13 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,389 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

This is the same information I am being given by Dish, about my 508.

The 508 is a different story because it can't handle the newer modulation scheme (8PSK turbo) that DISH is planning on deploying on a wide scale.

The 322 is 8PSK capable.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

Protected By... spam firewall...And...