Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Person of Interest

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

I have liked it from the start. You cant get to picky on the tech issues as most people dont know a 8 pin dip is not a transmitter.

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5 SWM 16
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

HR44-500
ATT uverse internet

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,561 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Reese is similar to Jack Reacher. But he is also similar to all the CIA protagonist characters that are out lately: Mitch Rapp, Scot Horvath, etc. Makes me love the show!! In fact, that's what kept me from the first episode. It is like watching the books I read come to life in a way that still keeps the integrity of the stories and character intact.

I also enjoy seeing Paige Turco. She's always been one of my favorite TV actresses.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#23 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

I have liked it from the start. You cant get to picky on the tech issues as most people dont know a 8 pin dip is not a transmitter.

But I have had those stuck to the bottom of my shoe. :)

#24 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

But I have had those stuck to the bottom of my shoe. :)

I agree. Also the fact that doing all that walking would not break a REAL transmitter. I wish they had used a bit more than a IC chip. Where is the power, antenna? Logically makes no sense. But when does scripted TV ever make much sense. Also the WPA hacking. NO ONE can hack a WEP little alone a WPA network that quick. Then have a user-friendly UI. Um no. But I did like the episode none the less. I've really liked the show.
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#25 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,568 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

I agree. Also the fact that doing all that walking would not break a REAL transmitter. I wish they had used a bit more than a IC chip. Where is the power, antenna? Logically makes no sense. But when does scripted TV ever make much sense. Also the WPA hacking. NO ONE can hack a WEP little alone a WPA network that quick. Then have a user-friendly UI. Um no. But I did like the episode none the less. I've really liked the show.

Not the WPA key, but right now in real life for most newer wifi routers, the WPA/WPA2 passcode is irrelevant to getting connected.

#26 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

I also enjoy seeing Paige Turco.

So do I. Yummy!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#27 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

They can be hacked fairly quickly by the right people. Especially when someone sets their password to something easy.

Forget the user friendly UI how about the IP addresses starting with 623 or 429 and having 5 octets. It's TV, you're supposed to let that stuff slide.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#28 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,083 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

So do I. Yummy!

:D

This was one of those shows we started recording at the beginning, but waited a while before watching. Once we started watching last month when we had 2 weeks of reruns, we went through all of the episodes rather quickly.

Like the concept but it took a few episodes for my wife who hated "Ben" to get into it. But now it has become a regular show for us.

Next up to try is Unforgettable.

#29 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,561 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

:D

This was one of those shows we started recording at the beginning, but waited a while before watching. Once we started watching last month when we had 2 weeks of reruns, we went through all of the episodes rather quickly.

Like the concept but it took a few episodes for my wife who hated "Ben" to get into it. But now it has become a regular show for us.

Next up to try is Unforgettable.

Other than watching Poppy Montgomery - for the male viewers - that show is entirely "Forgettable".

Good concept - very poor execution. I can't stand the character they have her portraying.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#30 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,917 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

This series is starting to loose it's sense of reality. In the show's short run Reese has been tortured, beaten, cut, stabbed, and shot yet he recovers in a very short amount of time. Last night's episode is a good example. Reese was hit on the head with a crow bar, roughed up, and placed in the trunk of a car that was set ablaze. Yet he escaped and recovered fully before the next commercial. Perhaps Finch should make Reese a "Person of Interest" and find out what drugs he's using. :sure:

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#31 OFFLINE   Glenee

Glenee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

Good Show. It keeps the wife and my attention. It's a lot better the most of the others. It has a home in my DVR Recordings.
Once I Started Doing what I Liked, I Liked Everything Better.

#32 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,083 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

This series is starting to loose it's sense of reality.

Yeah, it's one thing for him to get into a fight/shootout with 3-4 guys and come out of it than what happened last night. First, he had to come to, then look around his body, find a flashlight, then find a tool and then get out of the trunk all while the car was on fire. Really???

Of course I can overlook all that if they keep bring back Paige Turco. :)

#33 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,917 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, it's one thing for him to get into a fight/shootout with 3-4 guys and come out of it than what happened last night. First, he had to come to, then look around his body, find a flashlight, then find a tool and then get out of the trunk all while the car was on fire. Really???

Of course I can overlook all that if they keep bring back Paige Turco. :)

Yeah, but if the series get's renewed Reese will surpass the beatings, shootings, and stabbings Matt Dillon endured over twenty years on Gunsmoke in less then three years!

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#34 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,362 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Reese manages to get "loose" from the car trunk, so he didn't "lose" his life.

Yes, I agree -- the story lines are becoming rather incredible.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#35 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Good Show. It keeps the wife and my attention. It's a lot better the most of the others. It has a home in my DVR Recordings.

+1 My wife and I like it too.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#36 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed the latest Batman reboots, is behind this show. I think he's even written several of the episodes. You can see the similarities between the main characters. Loners, indestructible, work "in the dark". Heck, they both talk in a whisper. I enjoy the show.

#37 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,219 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

CBS Renews 18 Primetime Shows for the 2013-2014 Season

Posted Image

Freshman hit "Elementary" will join 17 other series as part of the Eye's lineup next season.

. . . .

SOURCE

#38 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

It can work. It just creates a directional high-gain antenna out of the antennae you are currently using.

As for the show, I like it. Good little twists and the characters are developing nicely.

- Merg

A big yes on the show, still one of my faves. More Paige Turco could only improve things. In love with her since The Agency.

And now that Flashpoint is done filming, that recurring villian some of you hate will probably come back more often.

But my favorite new addition? Bear. He's awesome, as 11-year olds like to say.

A big no on the Pringles can. It works, but the only way it will really work for long-range wifi is if you have a directional antenna (or another Pringles can) on the other end as well.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...