Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Internet Connectivity & PPV Ordering

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 313 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

So I've got internet connectivity on all of my boxes, but at least one of the boxes won't let me order PPV content via remote. I get the message that I either have to order online or call the 800 number.

A little about our setup: 3 receivers (HR24/100 in the living room, HR22/100 in the basement rec room, HR20/100 in the master bedroom), recently had Whole Home installed, self installed the WCCK on the HR24/100 (inline with the satellite-in cable). No phone line connected anywhere, if that makes a difference. I am able to do VOD, youtube, DTV apps, etc on all three boxes. However, at least on the HR22/100, when I try to order a PPV movie, it tells me I am not connected and need to either go online or call. I have not attempted to order PPV on any other box.

Not sure if this matters, but my whole home dvr works just fine. We have Comcast as our internet provider. Modem, Linksys WiFi router.

Shouldn't I be able to do PPV with no problems once connected to the internet? I am going to test PPV on the other boxes once I get home tonight.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,864 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

Yes you should be able to. I've got a similar setup and have done this for the few PPVs I've bought.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

My point is that my HR22 is connected to the internet, but as far as ordering PPV goes, it tells me that I am not and need to order online or over the phone. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm stumped!
DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#4 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

If each of the receivers was never connected to a phone line or internet prior to your WHDVR upgrade, then IPPV most likely has been auto disabled due to no callbacks. You will need to find a CSR that understands that you are now connected, re-enable IPPV and schedule callbacks on all the receivers.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#5 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 313 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

Ha! That sounds right. This receiver was not connected to a phone line or the internet prior to MRV. Thanks, RobertE!
DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#6 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

I'm in a similar situation to the OP. Neither of my HR2x have ever been connected to a phone line since I've had them, though both are hardwired to my router - and that's how I use whole home - over my home network, meaning no DECA or SWM or anything like that. My TVapps work fine, Pandora works fine, Youtube works fine and MRV works fine so obviously they are connected to the web. Tonight we went to order a PPV on the HR24-100 and was unable to order it via the remote. I was prompted to call, text or go online to order.

I'm on the current national release software (the one with Pandora). I have been able to order PPV my remote in the past, though I've not tried it in a long time - meaning many software releases ago. Do I need to call to have IPPV re-enabled on my account? And what is IPPV?

Thanks.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

Protected By... spam firewall...And...