Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish OTA EPG issues Discussion

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Apology accepted, thank you.

The only time I've e-mail the quality team I got a reply that OTA wasn't their concern. Kind of makes you not want to try. Much the same type of response I got in the forums (before DIRT). We'll see what happens, but I certainly won't hold my breath.

Wooh! if I got an email like that I would forward that email to the executive office of DISH www.ceo@dishnetwork.com just to see what kind of heat they would bring down to the originator of that email,you just don't talk to a customer that way!,remember you always have recourse,you just have to know how to use it.;):D

Remember email the station manager too!.Good Luck!:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   dreamsatellite

dreamsatellite

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

i have the same EPG problem, is there a way to change the Chinese into English?
we are using this satellite: dishhdtvchina.com

#43 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

i have the same EPG problem, is there a way to change the Chinese into English?
we are using this satellite: dishhdtvchina.com

When I select that program guide from the website you said the program guide come up in English on my computer.

I don't see anywhere in my receiver's Menu to change the EPG's language,there is a selection for alternate audio.You may have to use your computer to translate in English.Good Luck!:)

I did some studying of the receiver's system information in the Main Menu you can select Language(it's in the pictures at the bottom),then hopefully you will be able to select English there for the EPG language.again Good Luck!:)

Edited by Jhon69, 16 May 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#44 OFFLINE   fmcomputer

fmcomputer

Legend

• Registered
  • 149 posts
  • LocationYpungstown. Ohio

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

WYFX Fox Youngstown, OH Channel 19.1 listed as Digital service on EPG

#45 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

Please PM your receiver number to me so I can submit a trouble report about this issue. Thanks.

WYFX Fox Youngstown, OH Channel 19.1 listed as Digital service on EPG

#46 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

Woke up this morning to see the programming information for MeTV in my OTA DISH guide.

Thank You DISH!.:D:goodjob::)

Well that didn't last long now my MeTV information is showing just a summary of the program,nothing about the episode being shown.I have a feeling this has something to do with the networks lawsuits,even though my other OTA programming is showing episode information.:confused::confused:

MeTV-43.6-Fresno-Visalia,CA.

#47 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,528 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well that didn't last long now my MeTV information is showing just a summary of the program,nothing about the episode being shown.I have a feeling this has something to do with the networks lawsuits,even though my other OTA programming is showing episode information.:confused::confused:

Nothing to do with lawsuits.

This happens quite a bit on satellite channels too. All-too-often I see nights with generic "a show about a guy who ..." descriptions that then get replaced a day or two later when the EPG refreshes.

For whatever reason, Dish sometimes doesn't get/put the right info.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#48 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

I lost the program details on MeTV 5.3 MSP two or three days ago. It's very annoying. :(

I think the problem must be between MeTV and Tribune Media/TV Guide. :confused:
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#49 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Please PM me your receiver number so I can submit a trouble report to our programming department to check on this issue. Thanks.

I lost the program details on MeTV 5.3 MSP two or three days ago. It's very annoying. :(

I think the problem must be between MeTV and Tribune Media/TV Guide. :confused:

#50 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

OK my episode information for MeTV has been corrected.I am seeing the program's description per episode for MeTV in my DISH MT2 OTA guide again in my 922.Thanks DISH!.:):goodjob:

#51 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

OK my episode information for MeTV has been corrected.I am seeing the program's description per episode for MeTV in my DISH MT2 OTA guide again in my 922.Thanks DISH!.:):goodjob:

You are correct! Mine has also. :D

I would like to think that Ray C@Dish Network is the reason. I sent him a PM yesterday and he responded early this morning saying he had submitted a trouble report.

Great going, Ray. Huray for the D.I.R.T. :hurah:

#52 OFFLINE   chris83

chris83

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Just installed the OTA module in my 722K yesterday, primarily for the sub-channels and the couple stations Dish doesn't carry in HD.

I have info for:

2.2, 2.3 & 2.4: all PBS
5.3: MeTV
5.4: Antenna TV
11.2: Weather Now

Just "Digital Service" readout for:

5.2: KSTC
5.6: This TV
5.7: Live Well Network
28.1: WHWC
28.2: WPT2
28.3: WPT3
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

#53 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Are those 28.? channels from Wisconsin?

Yes, it would be nice to get info for 5.2, 5.6, and 5.7.

#54 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

Originally I didn't have info for ThisTV & Dish said that I never would. But 6 or 12 months later the info magically appeared. Keep your fingers crossed.

#55 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thanks, Mike,

We did have ThisTV info from March to June, when Hubbard rearranged the channels.

I'm still waiting.

#56 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

One thing I find thats interesting:  I have 2 recvrs w/ the MT2 module, the 922 recvr seems to have lots of info in its guide data for almost every channel, where-as for the other recvr, if its a digital sub-channel, it just says "Digital service".  And oddity but not that big of a deal.  All connected to the same dish/switch.  The 922 is connected to the internet obviously, for sling purposes, whereas the other box is only connected to the dish.  Not sure that that would have anything to do w/ it........but.  1 of these days I might connect the 211 to the ANT, just to see what it gets, but I think i'd need to run a wire.........maybe.

Edited by shadough, 16 September 2013 - 05:12 PM.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#57 OFFLINE   Racer88

Racer88

Icon

• Registered
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

So it seems anyone in a position to actually get anything done about this topic quit giving a flying **** about this long ago.

Is that an accurate assessment?

Any other options?

#58 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I purchased me a RCA ANT 1600F model. No amplifier used. Scanned in 10 stations. Will purchase an amplifier soon. Stations in average have a signal of 75. Hund the 1600F by a window. Stations come in verrrrrrrry clear. Then I moved the aerial to a different window and direction. The signal is much better now and even scanned in the PBS channels,

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

Edited by SeaBeagle, 24 January 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#59 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Anyone ever use the Esky HG-831 outdoor aerial? What I like about this is the build in rotor. Less expensive than a Leaf Flat indoor aerial.

I can use my old Direct TV pole which is securely mounted on my roof to secure the aerial.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

spam firewall