Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can view older content from HD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   digfam

digfam

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hello,
Just upgraded to whole home and some more HD receivers.
My HR-21 used to be my main DVR, it was connected to an external drive (terabyte). I kept HR-21 but put it in my BR (never had HD there). I put one of the new HR-24's in my main room now and connected to external drive. Seems like I am unable to play any content now on any of the whole home dvr's that is on the external drive. Any new content plays back fine everywhere from that drive.

Do I have to connect that external driv back to the HR-21 to access any of that content? Maybe HR-24 doesn't even need bigger drive, no idea how large that drive is..

thanks
Bill

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

You can only playback recordings via the DVR on which they were recorded. If you move the drive back to the HR21 you will be able to playback the old recordings (and via MRV, on the TV in your main viewing room).

The HR24 has a 500GB drive.
Dish Network Customer from 1998-2001
DirecTV Customer since October, 2001
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

#3 OFFLINE   digfam

digfam

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Ok, thanks for the info. I put the external drive back with the HR-21. Works with the old content now.
Guess makes more sense to have it with the DVR with the smallest internal drive. Not sure how the noisy HD will be at night.

thanks

spam firewall