Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I want Redzone without Sunday Ticket

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Spazzman

Spazzman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

I am annoyed here. I called D* twice today trying to get just Red Zone without having to subscribe to full NFL Sunday Ticket. Both times I was told no and they want boo koo bucks for me to sub to full Sunday Ticket. I know others have done this (by reading other posts). Can someone help me and tell me who I need to talk to at D*. I am tired of being told No. Thanks everyone.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Call and say cancel service and then cancel service again at the voice prompts. That will get you to retention and they will help you out.
Go Big Red!!!

#3 OFFLINE   Spazzman

Spazzman

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

they are still telling me no... $334.95... they offered... me half off on ST. annoying.

#4 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

they are still telling me no... $334.95... they offered... me half off on ST. annoying.

Did you tell them you want to cancel your account? Tell them you want to cancel your account because you can get Redzone through Dish Network for MUCH MUCH cheaper than half off of the Sunday Ticket price.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#5 OFFLINE   Spazzman

Spazzman

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

Did you tell them you want to cancel your account? Tell them you want to cancel your account because you can get Redzone through Dish Network for MUCH MUCH cheaper than half off of the Sunday Ticket price.

she told me "that would be the way to go." by going to dish.

#6 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

she told me "that would be the way to go." by going to dish.

Wow...now that's a great CSR to have on your team Directv.

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,978 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Wow...now that's a great CSR to have on your team Directv.

In some cases, that's absolutely the right answer. I don't think it was in this case, but only the OP knows the full circumstances.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#8 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

In some cases, that's absolutely the right answer. I don't think it was in this case, but only the OP knows the full circumstances.

I can't think of why telling a customer to take there money elsewhere is the "right" thing to do.

#9 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

Not everybody gets the best deal. I got the full ticket for free first call. Definitely do the cancel twice, be nice and give several convincing reasons you deserve a good deal. I always call in July though. Call back and good luck.

#10 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,088 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

I can't think of why telling a customer to take there money elsewhere is the "right" thing to do.

I can...

Doesn't pay their bill.
Has received enough freebies.
Complains constantly about things that can't be changed.
Harasses employees.
etc.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#11 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,364 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

How long are you with DirecTV

JACK,

#12 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

You have to threaten to cancel to go to a provider that has RZC for free and they'll do it. It's the most ridiculous thing ever.

#13 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

I can...

Doesn't pay their bill.
Has received enough freebies.
Complains constantly about things that can't be changed.
Harasses employees.
etc.

Customer is always right.:D

#14 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

You have to threaten to cancel to go to a provider that has RZC for free and they'll do it. It's the most ridiculous thing ever.

I just called retention and asked for it. They added it after trying to sell me Sunday Ticket.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#15 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Customer is always right.:D

Right doesnt mean there entitled to every freebie :P
Considering the fact they just keep saying no and that a CSR even stated that a better option would be going to Dish probably means that the OP probably doesnt qualify for promotions anymore (presumably for having received to many, or maybe not being a great customer).

#16 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

I just called retention and asked for it. They added it after trying to sell me Sunday Ticket.

That's what it took for me, too, after 3 different people in the regular channels told me it was impossible. (even though I had it last year.)

I get that they want to drive NFLST traffic but this is bordering on absurdity. They're shooting themselves in the foot and as soon as fios pulls fiber down my street I'm done playing games.

#17 OFFLINE   csrrocks2011

csrrocks2011

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

*sigh* it's calls like these that just irritate the heck out of us CSRs. "I wanna talk to retention because you won't give me what I want." wow, really? *sigh*
My opinions are my own and not shared nor equally expressed by directv or any of its affiliates.

#18 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

*sigh* it's calls like these that just irritate the heck out of us CSRs. "I wanna talk to retention because you won't give me what I want." wow, really? *sigh*

Well, you can insert whatever applies in the following list: (wont/cant/arent authorized/dont know about it/pretend you dont know about it).

I dont ever talk to a CSR. I go directly to retention when I call in. Last time I talked to a regular CSR I was calling to have my spare receiver turned back on. They managed to do that, and at the same time managed to remove my DVR service and whole home MRV. I ended up with no DVR service for two days while the presidents office got it straightened out. No more of that.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#19 OFFLINE   csrrocks2011

csrrocks2011

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Well, you can insert whatever applies in the following list: (wont/cant/arent authorized/dont know about it/pretend you dont know about it).

I dont ever talk to a CSR. I go directly to retention when I call in. Last time I talked to a regular CSR I was calling to have my spare receiver turned back on. They managed to do that, and at the same time managed to remove my DVR service and whole home MRV. I ended up with no DVR service for two days while the presidents office got it straightened out. No more of that.

not all CSRs are like that. And to group us all together is asinine.
My opinions are my own and not shared nor equally expressed by directv or any of its affiliates.

#20 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

I get that they want to drive NFLST traffic but this is bordering on absurdity. They're shooting themselves in the foot

I agree. Both of the last two years, I offered to PAY for the Red Zone channel, but they refused to charge me, and told me they would give it to me free because I was such a good customer (?)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...