Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race : "Kindness of Strangers" : OAD 9/25/11

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

GO!!!!!

The race is back and as good as ever.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,078 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

I am glad they supported how the girls got their passport back. Before that my wife and I were suspecting the show had a hand in it. But instead it looks like a couple of fans stepped up. With a little help from Twitter.

Next weeks double elimination looks cool. Always like that when they did it on Survivor. Did Ethan (especially) and Jenna really think no one would recognize them? Old couple can go any time. And take the brother and sister with them.

#3 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

I am glad they supported how the girls got their passport back. Before that my wife and I were suspecting the show had a hand in it. But instead it looks like a couple of fans stepped up. With a little help from Twitter.

Next weeks double elimination looks cool. Always like that when they did it on Survivor. Did Ethan (especially) and Jenna really think no one would recognize them? Old couple can go any time. And take the brother and sister with them.

As well as the "smarties" from Vegas...why was your passport anywhere near where it could've been dropped?

Too early to have a favorite but the couple from Chicago has a lot going for them.....
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#4 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

My wife, daughter and I were talking about how they must have re-enacted some of that stuff when it looked like the passport was *gone* (how would they know where it had really been lost?).

When the Good Samaratins showed up, the three of us were in SHOCK.

#5 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,078 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:10 PM

My wife, daughter and I were talking about how they must have re-enacted some of that stuff

I don't know about that, but at the check-in it sure looked like everyone was in front of a "green screen". They stood out from the background like a spaceship in a 1970's movie.

#6 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

My wife, daughter and I were talking about how they must have re-enacted some of that stuff when it looked like the passport was *gone* (how would they know where it had really been lost?).

When the Good Samaratins showed up, the three of us were in SHOCK.

While not necessarily "re-enacted" I'm sure the girls may have been a bit suspicious as to why there was a camera crew that didn't just jump in the trail car and follow them when they left the gas station.

As for the good Samaritans, well if I'd pulled in to that gas station to find a film crew from TAR standing around, I'd do quite a bit to get some air time out of it.....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...