Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pan Am OAD 09/26/2011 Pilot

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

When do they normally announce whether or not they keep a series? I'm curious about Pan Am and Revenge.

Revenge is a lock for renewal, as it's one of ABC's most successful new shows this year. There's been no official word, but with the way things were framed in the press about the "final episode," I wouldn't count on Pan Am coming back.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have to agree. Baring something REALLY unexpected, Pan Am is finished.:(
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#53 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Revenge is a lock for renewal, as it's one of ABC's most successful new shows this year. There's been no official word, but with the way things were framed in the press about the "final episode," I wouldn't count on Pan Am coming back.

I'm glad Revenge will be coming back. I really don't care much if Pan Am does but other people in my family enjoy the show.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

3 HR24-100s owned
1 AM21 with cheap indoor multidirectional OTA
Slimline 5
WorldDirect
WHDVR with BB DECA

#54 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

from deadlinehollywooddaily:

Pan Am co-star Karine Vanasse is set to co-star in a new ABC drama project. The Quebec-born actress has been cast in the drama pilot Scruples. Executive produced by Tony Krantz and Natalie Portman, the project is based on the novel by Judith Krantz and centers on rich and powerful clothing designer Billy Winthrop in a world of sex, revenge and scandal.

Scruples - ick.
But at least Karine will get to show off her sultry side ;)

ps - that probably means Pan Am is dead.

#55 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,674 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

from deadlinehollywooddaily:

Pan Am co-star Karine Vanasse is set to co-star in a new ABC drama project. The Quebec-born actress has been cast in the drama pilot Scruples. Executive produced by Tony Krantz and Natalie Portman, the project is based on the novel by Judith Krantz and centers on rich and powerful clothing designer Billy Winthrop in a world of sex, revenge and scandal.

Scruples - ick.
But at least Karine will get to show off her sultry side ;)

ps - that probably means Pan Am is dead.

I agree. I never liked Scruples, nor novels/shows similar. I'd like to see Karine move over to The Good Wife. Or, if she has to stay on ABC, Body of Proof, or even Castle.

Shannon

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#56 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Just finished the last two episodes (or whatever that 2nd to last aired one was, I think it was supposed to be aired in November) With a screw up like that it doesn't sound like ABC thought much of it.

Bummer it was different and had promise.
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#57 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,756 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

As the networks announce their renewals, from Deadline Hollywood:

In an ironic twist of fate, on the same day ABC renewed its first batch of series for next season, the network’s long-forgotten freshman Pam Am won the best series category at this year’s Rose d’Or awards, considered Europe’s top television honors. On this side of the pond Pan Am was not among the seven scripted series renewed by ABC today. It is unlikely to be among the second wave of the network’s renewals tomorrow either, though ABC has not officially passed on the series, which started off great but quickly lost traction with viewers.

Unless it has a change of heart, ABC is poised to officially cancel Pan Am, but that may not be the end of the period drama about the iconic U.S. airline. As evident by the Rose d’Or award, it enjoys strong popularity in Europe and has been a big international seller for producer Sony TV, which would love to see it continue. I hear there is a potential cable play eyed for the series if/when it is released by ABC. Unless European broadcasters swoop in and pick it up. If only they could afford it….

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#58 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

without it's best actress, French-Canadian Karine Vanasse, I don't see this getting picked up by a cable network. She's likely a big draw for Europeans and so the show won't do as well without her.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...