Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Two And A Half Men OAD 9/26/11

cspan3

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Put a fork in it, this show is done...

Ashton is funny, I'm a huge fan of "Dude, Where's My Car?", but he's just not funny in 2.5 men.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,837 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

... I'm a huge fan of "Dude, Where's My Car?",...

You lost all credibility with that. :P
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

Not all that bad... Personally, my wife and I seem to be enjoying it equal to the last few seasons, with this season having a little more "class" and still making it funny. Ashton is not that bad.

On a different note, just got done watching the CC Roast of Charlie Sheen.... Hilarious!! Very good comedians there.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

Disagree...

We are actually enjoying this season so far...
And I have only been watching in syndication or "nothing else is on" for the last couple seasons.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,211 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

The difference to me -- the original show made me "lol" all the time, the new show hasn't made me "lol" yet. Sad to say, but the "gay" ending was gratuitous and, to me, a tad disgusting. The show has never been pc, but last night was a new low.

Jon Cryer is, well, still 'Alan', but the whriers seem determined to embarrass Cryer even further by reducing his character to a shameless blob of protoplasm.

Ashton Kutcher was funny enough, but, even so, I don't think the show has legs to last the season, but it's on the shoulders of the writers, not on Kutcher.

Nice to see Judy Greer back in a recurring role. She is so great with her comedic timing and flawless delivery.

Edited by Nick, 27 September 2011 - 07:59 AM.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

The difference to me -- the original show made me "lol" all the time, the new show hasn't made me "lol" yet.

Same here

The only thing so far that has come close to making me laugh was when Alan said he dated a poster of Molly Ringwald. I said "hah" out loud but certainly did not lol.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

So far I'm enjoying the show. Actually I think Jon Cryer is funny and it's a plus for him being out of Charlie Sheen's shadow. This is the time for Cryer to shine and I hope he does.

Kutcher for me is just OK. He's kind of a goofball so the show has lost the "smart guy-dumb guy" dynamic since both Cryer and Kutcher's characters are idiots. Time will tell if the two of them can create and new dynamic that can carry the show.

#8 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

Same here

The only thing so far that has come close to making me laugh was when Alan said he dated a poster of Molly Ringwald. I said "hah" out loud but certainly did not lol.

Maybe I have much lower standards for a sit-com...
But my wife and I laughed pretty hard at that line.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,211 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

Oh, and I forgot about Berta's persistent and embarrassing private ruminations about Walden's physique. I am no prude by any stretch of the imagination, but her thoughts about him 'giving women an erection' was, in my opinion, a new low. Maybe someone shoud ask Demi about that. :sure:

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#10 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,645 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

I liked the 1st episode, but this episode sort of fell flat for me... I'll have to see if things get better in the next few weeks.

#11 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

Maybe I have much lower standards for a sit-com...
But my wife and I laughed pretty hard at that line.

Based on things I've seen you post in the past I'd say our taste in sit-coms is about the same. I laughed my butt off at HIMYM and Mike & Molly but 2.5 men fell very flat.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#12 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Well, I'm not really liking it so far. Everything seems a bit "forced" and Ashton Kutchers acting is just terrible. Just seems like he's reading from a cue card all the time. There's been humorous moments, but IMO these are the worst back to back episode the show has ever put out.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#13 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Nice to see Judy Greer back in a recurring role. She is so great with her comedic timing and flawless delivery.

She is awesome and a reason to watch. Watched her show last year (can't remember the name) and thought she was great. Too bad it wasn't renewed.

You got to admit though, the comment of him dating a Molly Ringwald poster in HS was hilarious. Wasn't expecting that and LOL at that. (For those of you that missed the reference, you're too young. ;))

I do wonder if the show will survive. Not that it will be bad, but that it won't be as good.

Edited by Herdfan, 27 September 2011 - 12:05 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

I had to look her up, she reminds me of Parker from Leverage. Anyway I'm rather surprised that she already played a different role on the show.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#15 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

You got to admit though, the comment of him dating a Molly Ringwald poster in HS was hilarious. Wasn't expecting that and LOL at that. (For those of you that missed the reference, you're too young. ;))

The laugh track ruined that joke, but it was funny as hell. Go Ducky go !

#16 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

(For those of you that missed the reference, you're too young. ;))

Or too old. When Pretty in Pink came out I was a senior in college and a bit too old for "high school comedies".

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#17 OFFLINE   pfueri

pfueri

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

Put a fork in it, this show is done...

Ashton is funny, I'm a huge fan of "Dude, Where's My Car?", but he's just not funny in 2.5 men.

I agree the show sucks now Ashton is not funny he is goofy .And who wants to see him nude every show . This has turned into a girls show . Way to go Chuck Lorre ! Just because Charlie called you a name you screwed up a good show that could have been on 3 or 4 more years !

#18 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

It was passable, However I laughed a lot more watching 2 Broke Girls...

What does that say?
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#19 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

It was passable, However I laughed a lot more watching 2 Broke Girls...

What does that say?

It says you like an attractive blonde covered in ... :lol:
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#20 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

I "cancelled" 2 Broke Girls last night. Just didn't find it funny at all. Thought the pilot was decent.

2.5... umm.. yeah... I loved 2.5, and also loved Kutcher in That 70s Show, but they really need to get rid of the depressed Kutcher character. Alan is supposed to be the depressed character :D.

Still, it did bang out 20M last night. Thats still more then Charlie ever did. We will have to see where it stabalizes.

Still #2, it is missing something without Charlie.

spam firewall