Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722 slow guide response

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PghGuy

PghGuy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Within the last couple days I have noticed a very slow response when I select guide on my remote (both remotes for TV1 or TV2), for some reason I am not seeing the guide pop up on the screen for a good 4-5 seconds after I hit "guide". I do not see this issue when selecting any other function of the remote, info, last channel, volume all respond immediately...even entering channel numbers directly immediately show up on the screen once I press them. I changed the batteries just for kicks and the same problem is still there.

Has anyone had this problem before? Again, I see the same issue on either remote and its only slow when I select "guide"...I never had this issue before.

Thanks
Pioneer PDP-6070HD
VIP722

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

Within the last couple days I have noticed a very slow response when I select guide on my remote (both remotes for TV1 or TV2), for some reason I am not seeing the guide pop up on the screen for a good 4-5 seconds after I hit "guide". I do not see this issue when selecting any other function of the remote, info, last channel, volume all respond immediately...even entering channel numbers directly immediately show up on the screen once I press them. I changed the batteries just for kicks and the same problem is still there.

Has anyone had this problem before? Again, I see the same issue on either remote and its only slow when I select "guide"...I never had this issue before.

Thanks

Suggest you try a reboot,unplug the DVR for 2 minutes,see if that helps.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,348 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

Same method as IT first level support doing: 1) reboot PC ....

#4 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

Thanks

maybe someone around you has the same remote code if that the case then you need to change that code. hit the menu twice press the SAT button intill all lights light up and then hit record on remote and it will change your remote IR to a diff number.

Edited by dishman1999, 29 September 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   jdmart

jdmart

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Thanks

Same problem my Dad had with his 722K. A hard reboot cured it for a couple of days but then the problem returned. He now has the L688 update and hard rebooted again so we'll see how it goes.
JD
Greetings from Albuquerque!
Home of the International Balloon Fiesta!

#6 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

Same problem my Dad had with his 722K. A hard reboot cured it for a couple of days but then the problem returned. He now has the L688 update and hard rebooted again so we'll see how it goes.

rebooting is dumb slove the issue by recoding IR.

is a better move. end the issue.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,348 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

[Shaky hands... those youtubers ... Is it troublesome to put your camera or phone on a table ? And make such 'tutorial' as watchable clip ?]

Edited by P Smith, 29 September 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

PghGuy,

I tested the guide on our 722 receiver and it popped up in less than a second. I have a 722 at home and I don't remember a slow response on mine either. Try the hard reset, unplug for 10 seconds from electrical outlet and plug back in. Please let me know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.

#9 OFFLINE   kevruth

kevruth

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

I had this problem last night with my 722k. I did a reset and it fixed things. Hopefully, it is a permanent fix.

#10 OFFLINE   fuzzface

fuzzface

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

I too have had this problem for the past couple of days. I've only had this receiver (722k) for a week. Did a hard reboot today around 12:35pm and it fixed it and is still working fine as of now. Yesterday did check switches and soft reboots and fixed, but came back a few hours later. Hopefully this one "holds". Also tried changing remote addresses and it did nothing. Glad (not really) to see others having the same problem at the same time mine when "bad" Wondering if it is a software issue for the "new" L688 or something to do with gearing up for the eastern arc satellite launched today...

Edited by fuzzface, 29 September 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

There is a known issue with the 722/722k where remote response may be sluggish, but the front panel buttons work normally. This will be fixed in a future software update, but in the mean time resetting the receiver should provide temporary relief

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
DISH Internet Response Team

#12 OFFLINE   fuzzface

fuzzface

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

Now mine is back to being slow again. It's not a remote response thing. It's just as slow using the front panel buttons.

#13 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

I know a similar issue had come up once before, but was corrected with the s/w update that changed the guide layout. I still do believe this would fall under the known issue

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
DISH Internet Response Team

#14 OFFLINE   fuzzface

fuzzface

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Now I'm back up to speed. Very odd...

#15 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

Now I'm back up to speed. Very odd...

You know what that tells me?.That Dish Network is doing things and these things are affecting other things,let me give you an example.If you look in your All Channel list you will see on a channel 350 a purple channel for Starz VOD,that appeared today,at least that's when I noticed it and Dish Network did a software upgrade(I got L688 today) because they are getting ready to start BlockBuster Movie Pass also on Oct.1st.Looks like they are adding other things too!.

So this will effect performance off and on(I also have noticed this also on my 722k).So I would suggest to maintain(hang in there) and once Dish Network get's these thing(s) going things will smooth back out.Just a suggestion.:)

For the record that's the first time I ever saw a purple channel in my All Channels list.I like that color!.;):D

Edited by Jhon69, 30 September 2011 - 01:16 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

maybe someone around you has the same remote code if that the case then you need to change that code. hit the menu twice press the SAT button intill all lights light up and then hit record on remote and it will change your remote IR to a diff number.

That is the less effective way of changing your remote address, your method leaves you hoping it changes the Frequency number to something that is not already being used by another receiver/remote in the house hold/area.
You can actually select which code can be set by

Pull up system info (menu twice, pull the smart card, hit system info on the front panel or press power+up on front panel , which ever you prefer)

Hold down sat for about 4 seconds
Input a number between 1 and 15
Press pound once.
Press record Once (three times is prefered though sometimes it takes a few hits to lock in).

Though readdressing the remote wont solve this issue if its persisting on the front panel as well.
Like others have suggested i would say it has something to do with the software, we can only hope a patch will spool out soon too.

I am having this issue as well by the way :<

#17 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,348 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

That is the less effective way of changing your remote address, your method leaves you hoping it changes the Frequency number to something that is not already being used by another receiver/remote in the house hold/area.
You can actually select which code can be set by

Pull up system info (menu twice, pull the smart card, hit system info on the front panel or press power+up on front panel , which ever you prefer)

Hold down sat for about 4 seconds
Input a number between 1 and 15
Press pound once.
Press record Once (three times is prefered though sometimes it takes a few hits to lock in).

Though readdressing the remote wont solve this issue if its persisting on the front panel as well.
Like others have suggested i would say it has something to do with the software, we can only hope a patch will spool out soon too.

I am having this issue as well by the way :<

It's not changing freq if you telling about IR, just a subcode - ie address byte in each packet.

#18 OFFLINE   fuzzface

fuzzface

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Mine seems to get slow during the morning 10am? through about 8pm every day. After around 8pm it goes back to "normal" and it seems to be that way when I leave for work at 8am. When I am home for lunch at noon, it is back to being "slow"... Seems very odd to say the least.

#19 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

It's not changing freq if you telling about IR, just a subcode - ie address byte in each packet.

My bad that was for a lack of better words, not sure why didnt just say remote address.
Anywho, i asked around at work several Dish CSR's are experiencing it as well.
All with 722(k)'s , hard reset only temporarily fixes it as well =/

#20 OFFLINE   fpajerski

fpajerski

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Just to echo that my 722K, now at L688, started showing this slow-response problem a week or so ago ... and is still showing it. A power-off/on reset only temporarily fixes this problem. Glad to see a Dish CSR acknowledging this issue, hope to see the software fix soon.

spam firewall