Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP 612 dvr as a stand alone player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldavman

oldavman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Can I unplug the ViP 612 dvr from my dish and use it as as a stand alone player? I want to take my DVR on vacation and play back movies on the TV in my RV.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Yes, I think. I know you can watch recorded programs if the satellite dish has no signal, just not 100% sure if it will with it not being hooked up to the dish at all.

Seems to me easy enough to try, unplug the connection to the dish, and try it. You may have to get past the no signal screen, possibly by hitting the menu button and getting to the DVR that way.

#3 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 945 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Yes, that's a nice thing about the DVRs, you can still play back your recordings when you don't have signal or if you take them somewhere.

If you do take your 612 with you, I highly recommend not having it plugged in while in motion. The hard drive a DVR is not made for that. Archive your recordings.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...