Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPhone updated to 2.1.0

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

Looks like the iPhone has been updated again, and I'm quite pleased with the new feature.

You can now trigger On Demand downloads using the app, if you do not want to see the On Demand channels you can hid them in the settings.

My only request, I wish it would alphabetize the search results.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Kinda wish I had included "& Android" in the title. It has been updated to the same version, with the same new feature.

#3 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Not the Fist of Goodness

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,066 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

What's really cool is you can add extra time for a sporting event!!!!

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Kinda wish I had included "& Android" in the title. It has been updated to the same version, with the same new feature.

There's a thread already going about the Android version.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=197346

Edited by hilmar2k, 30 September 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,451 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

What's really cool is you can add extra time for a sporting event!!!!

AND! You can add time to any program. It also seems to remember how much time you added on the previous record, and puts that in for the next one. As to how handy that is, YMMV.....
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   jhillestad

jhillestad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

When will they allow a ' favorites ' in this app ? I hate having to see channels I dont watch when searching thru date & times.....

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,451 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

When will they allow a ' favorites ' in this app ? I hate having to see channels I dont watch when searching thru date & times.....

Well, it won't ever get to be a shrunken version of the iPad app, which of course has that and a lot more.

But I suspect most of us use it very occasionally, away from home, and often for that game that we forgot to record, or see it elsewhere and want to watch the rest at home.

It's easy enough to quickly get to the channel(s) you want by the side bar numbers.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#8 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

That was interesting, I'm not certain it was there before but I just found some trailers in the movies section.

#9 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Ok, a keyword search for "anime" no longer pulls the anime listings (just MAD) and channel 1889 is missing from the iOS app. Is this happening to anyone else?

#10 OFFLINE   GordonT

GordonT

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Just curious to see the chronology of enhancements.

TV's:
Samsung HL-R5078W
Mitsubishi VS-50805
Vizio E371VA
Satellite Dish:
Slimline-3S(SWM)
Receivers:
2 HR24-500 0x6bd
H24-100 0x66d
H21-100 0x466d

#11 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

Well, it won't ever get to be a shrunken version of the iPad app, which of course has that and a lot more.

But I suspect most of us use it very occasionally, away from home, and often for that game that we forgot to record, or see it elsewhere and want to watch the rest at home.

It's easy enough to quickly get to the channel(s) you want by the side bar numbers.

I'm just curious as to why not like a version that shows one panel at a time like modifiedish I mean the iPhone is fully capable the screen is 960x640 the iPad is 1024x768 not a lot of difference there. I mean the iPhone app would have to look a little different but I think its totally doable.

I don't see why they only support the iPad with these great features like they've got profit to loose or something by putting it on the iPhone. Maybe a simple remote in the directv iPhone app. The iPhone 4s is capable with its A5 and same ram as the iPad

spam firewall