Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Online shows my DVR offline

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

Dish Online shows my 722k DVR offline. I've tried several reconnects at the DOL site and reconnecting via the 722k menu. The 722 menu says it's connected. I can stream content on the 722, I can ping the 722 and my router sees the 722.

What else can I do to make Dish Online see this DVR as available? Was working until Friday Sep. 30.

I have a 612 as well that is fine with Dish Online. As usual, it's only the 722 that's having problems.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

Dish Online shows my 722k DVR offline. I've tried several reconnects at the DOL site and reconnecting via the 722k menu. The 722 menu says it's connected. I can stream content on the 722, I can ping the 722 and my router sees the 722.

What else can I do to make Dish Online see this DVR as available? Was working until Friday Sep. 30.

I have a 612 as well that is fine with Dish Online. As usual, it's only the 722 that's having problems.

remember they just started blockbuster and that could be the issue.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

altidude,

When you sling, are you at home or away? If you are home you are actually slinging directly to your home network not the Internet. Have you tried to reset the connection from the receiver? From your Main Menu, press 6, 1, 9, 2. Please let me know. Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,525 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

For all of the pushing to go to DOL, it is still an relatively unstable product when it comes to remote DVR connections.

Wait a few minutes and try again.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,525 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

When you sling, are you at home or away?

Who said anything about Slinging?

A Sling device is NOT required to access your DVR via DOL nor should having one interfere.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

altidude,

When you sling, are you at home or away? If you are home you are actually slinging directly to your home network not the Internet. Have you tried to reset the connection from the receiver? From your Main Menu, press 6, 1, 9, 2. Please let me know. Thanks.

I don't have a slingbox. I just want to use the DVR functions on Dish Online like I could until yesterday. I did reset the connection from the receiver a couple of times now and it doesn't help. The receiver says it is online and connected. I streamed an HD movie using Blockbuster last night while DOL says it's not connected so it is obviously connected to the network.

I've also tried a front panel reset, no help.

Edited by altidude, 01 October 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

For all of the pushing to go to DOL, it is still an relatively unstable product when it comes to remote DVR connections.

Wait a few minutes and try again.

Relatively unstable? That's the understatement of the year!

I've been waiting about 36 hours now. Multiple refreshes on the web site, multiple reconnects on the receiver. It's broke. DOL just doesn't see my 722.

#8 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

I know it shouldn't make any difference, but mine was doing this a few days ago, and once I reset my internet and router it showed up again. Don't ask me why.

#9 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

I know it shouldn't make any difference, but mine was doing this a few days ago, and once I reset my internet and router it showed up again. Don't ask me why.

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't help clear the trouble. I guess I'll try chat with Dish and see where that goes.

#10 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

I was on with chat for about 15 minutes and we tried a few things but were not able to resolve the trouble. He had me clear my browser cache and cookies, try a different browser and asked me to send the system analysis.

#11 OFFLINE   gregleg

gregleg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

It's clear Dish isn't fully ready yet. My 722 with Sling was working perfectly until a few days ago, now it's "offline" from the website and from my Android Dish app (the 622, without Sling, is visible, but of course I can't stream to my Droid while at the gym from that one :) )

I went to the 722 and tried resetting the connection (6/1/9/1) and doing the Web Activate again. The receiver gets an IP address just fine, and my router shows it as a connected device, so no new issues there.

The prompts on the receiver then tell me to go to http://dish.sling.com/activate and enter a code, but when I go to that site I just get a page that tells me "you have attempted to access a feature that requires your receiver to be connected to your home internet broadband network." Which is of course exactly what I've just done!

#12 OFFLINE   Marriner

Marriner

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:39 PM

I am also having issues logging on to my sling adapter equipped ViP 722K. I can see both receivers from my android phone. The receiver without the sling adapter has the "Live" option the receiver with the sling adapter asks me to check the broadband connection on my 722k. I can view through the dishonline site on my windows 7 pc. I can program the dvr from my android phone. I cannot view live tv on the android device. This was working a few days ago. Have reset the receiver and the android phone, I have removed the dish remote access app from my android phone and reloaded it. It still does not work. HELP!
ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Western Digital 1 Tb USB hard drive, Sharp LC-52D64U HD TV, Sony V-333ES, Bose AM-10. ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Sling Adapter, Maxtor OneTouch 3 750 Gb hard drive,Vizio E422VA, Sharp 1-bit SD-HX500 surround.

#13 OFFLINE   snappingturtle

snappingturtle

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

My sling equipped 722 is broke in the same way too. No remote access. Maybe the last update messed it up.

#14 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

My sling equipped 722 is broke in the same way too. No remote access. Maybe the last update messed it up.

That's very possible.

What I noticed is that in My Account before it said my 722k was connected,then Dish Network changed the way My Equipment looks.Ever since then My Equipment section in My Account has said my 722k is not connected even though it is?.:confused::(

#15 OFFLINE   PDR

PDR

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

That's very possible.

What I noticed is that in My Account before it said my 722k was connected,then Dish Network changed the way My Equipment looks.Ever since then My Equipment section in My Account has said my 722k is not connected even though it is?.:confused::(

I'm having the same problem. I'm sure it's a problem with Dish and not specific to any individual's equipment. I think we need to escalate the problem at Dish. What's the address for the executive office?

P

#16 OFFLINE   JR_Baas

JR_Baas

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Add me to the list. Can't access it from Firefox or my IPad. Anyone from DIRT want to chime in?

#17 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

Well, my 722k is back now. PFM I guess because I didn't do anything. That or Dish found and fixed a problem. I had to refresh several times so that the content would show but as of this writing DOL is back for me.

One good thing that came about through all of this is that I found that Dish Remote Access, MUCH preferred by me over Dish Online, is still working through dish.sling.com. I had to register there but when I did I found DRA still lives. For how much longer I don't know but it was a good find.

Also, when Dish Online wasn't working for access via the browser, neither was Dish Remote Access at dish.sling.com. It was basically the same issue at both sites; the DVR appears to be offline.

#18 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Well, my 722k is back now. PFM I guess because I didn't do anything. That or Dish found and fixed a problem. I had to refresh several times so that the content would show but as of this writing DOL is back for me.

One good thing that came about through all of this is that I found that Dish Remote Access, MUCH preferred by me over Dish Online, is still working through dish.sling.com. I had to register there but when I did I found DRA still lives. For how much longer I don't know but it was a good find.

Also, when Dish Online wasn't working for access via the browser, neither was Dish Remote Access at dish.sling.com. It was basically the same issue at both sites; the DVR appears to be offline.

I just tried both Browsers,Google Chrome and IE9.Both were no connect to my 722k.:(

#19 OFFLINE   Touchdown

Touchdown

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm experiencing this same issue. Curious to see if anyone has been able to resolve it.

#20 OFFLINE   jjkrueg

jjkrueg

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Just received my sling adapter a few days ago and I'm very frustrated. Having the same issues as everyone one here. Seems like if I do a reset it will work right away, but once you go away it goes "offline". I'm just bumping this up so someone knows it's still not working.

spam firewall