Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Online shows my DVR offline

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   insimbi

insimbi

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

Count me in - I'm having the same issues. It all started this past Sunday (10/2). I haven't been able to access my DVR or view Live TV on Dish Online since then. I wonder how long this outage will be?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   PDR

PDR

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

My sling connection started working again this afternoon with no prompting from me. Anyone else seeing the same thing? By the way, yesterday Dish agrees to send out a new sling adapter which should arrive tomorrow.

P

#23 OFFLINE   JR_Baas

JR_Baas

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

Not working for me.:mad:

#24 OFFLINE   jjkrueg

jjkrueg

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Mine still out, nothing.

#25 OFFLINE   snappingturtle

snappingturtle

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

No change here. My 722 still shows as offline on dishonline.com even though it's online, if that makes any sense. heh.

#26 OFFLINE   jeffreymabq

jeffreymabq

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:53 AM

I know lots of people have had lots of problems with the 922, but I have been lucky and dodged all the bullets. I am posting here becuase it is the exact same problem.

But, now all of the sudden, my 922 is permanently offline. But, I can watch it from Dish Online. Dra does not work and my iphone/ipad apps say it is not connected. Same message as everyone else.

I have reset everything twice - any other suggestions?

#27 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

I know lots of people have had lots of problems with the 922, but I have been lucky and dodged all the bullets. I am posting here becuase it is the exact same problem.

But, now all of the sudden, my 922 is permanently offline. But, I can watch it from Dish Online. Dra does not work and my iphone/ipad apps say it is not connected. Same message as everyone else.

I have reset everything twice - any other suggestions?

Sounds like we have the same exact 922 problem.

I can access DRA, cant see DVR, no streaming, no live TV button, some channels from another city, some of my locals, none of my OTA channels.

DO, I can accsess DO, guide works, some locals,and no OTA, some wrong citys, No DVR access cant see recorded programs. I can stream and change channels but only manualy inputing. The DVR timers still set and recording, but when they are I cant change a channel or exit from it.

and as of now Drirt says that have put in for someone to look into (going on day 4 now)

#28 OFFLINE   chlywily

chlywily

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

I have had problems with my 922 as well. Dish Remote Access and Dish Online does not work 95% of the time. HOWEVER, I did find that if you go to WATCH dot SLINGBOX dot COM and log in from there (you may have to register). But besides the DVR, it is flawless. Even has the 922's black remote, and I guess I can use the "virtual remote" and access the dvr shows that way....

#29 OFFLINE   chlywily

chlywily

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

If you have a slingloaded 922, or any other sling, you can go to watch dot slingbox dot com, and it (after registering) will work perfectly, including a remote (that is exactly the same remote as the 922) that does not disappear when you go full screen. If it promps you for a password for the receiver, hit menu 2x and it will be second to last on the list. Still have not found an alternative to remote access (android) other than spending the $30 on slingbox mobile :( but I refuse (for now, but am very close to pulling the trigger, as I am guessing Remote Access will always be in and out, out when I really need it...) to do that, but I suspect it will work perfectly too (as their (SLING'S) entire business model relies on remote access, and nothing more, unlike dish network who seem not to give a RA about it). Amazing how well something will work when $$$ rides on it! Just make sure that you have a different email and password for the sling account, to not cause problems! Good luck! Attached is a screen grab of the sling in action. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I did not see it anywhere & Dish told me that the sling application or plugin would NOT work. WRONG again! The thing that drives me crazy is that tech support is trying to tell me there is a problem with my network, then HOW and WHY does it work with the sling app??? Also, if you have to use dish online, if it says it is offline, you may still be able to click live tv, and it will work...Now if I could only get the guide to work (I guess it works using the "virtual remote" in the sling app, so that is fine... But if anyone has a solution to the android app, that would be great! (yes, I have port forwarded 5001, and have a static dhcp client) and it did work for about an hour yesterday. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• sling922.jpg

#30 OFFLINE   schwa

schwa

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

I tried to use the Dish Remote Access app with my iPad and my 922 for the first time in months this past Friday. Naturally it didn't work. Like you guys DRA is showing my 922 (and my 722 FWIW) as offline although they're both definitely online. Proof? I can use the SlingPlayer app on my iPad to stream from my 922 fine.

Why does it take so long for Dish to get stuff like this fixed?

#31 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'm sure it's a problem with Dish and not specific to any individual's equipment. I think we need to escalate the problem at Dish. What's the address for the executive office?

P

www.ceo@dishnetwork.com ;)

#32 OFFLINE   Touchdown

Touchdown

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

This is getting ridiculous...Still having the same issues here as everyone else has reported. Haven't even bothered calling Dish because I don't look forward to wasting 30 minutes of pointless troubleshooting. Any successes out there?

spam firewall