Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Showtime anytime

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rpreyes623

rpreyes623

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

I see Showtime has finally added their streaming web and ipad app. It is not available yet for Directv, anyone know when and if it will be added.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

has anyone pickedup showtime go or whatever they will call it

#3 ONLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

has anyone pickedup showtime go or whatever they will call it

UVerse and Comast have it.

http://www.sho.com/s...wtimeanytime.do

#4 ONLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Comcast has had it for a while through their own Xfinity app. I would have thought D* would have been quick to add it as they seem content to let the networks provide their streaming options for them.

I'd bet it will be soon, but I also would have thought that we would have Watch ESPN by now too.

#5 OFFLINE   rpreyes623

rpreyes623

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Comcast has had it for a while through their own Xfinity app. I would have thought D* would have been quick to add it as they seem content to let the networks provide their streaming options for them.

I'd bet it will be soon, but I also would have thought that we would have Watch ESPN by now too.

Ya I guess today was the first day they finally activated it through their website. I hope D* adds it, looks like they have a lot of good stuff on it.

#6 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,222 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Am I missing something? The iPad app will let you order Showtime through the Directv site but in the settings if you select 'Current Customer' there's no login. . .

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#7 OFFLINE   Stewpidity

Stewpidity

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

FYI....There are some free episodes available to everyone

#8 OFFLINE   AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Is this service supposed to compensate for Showtime yanking some of its content from Netflix? I am still not pleased that they removed old episodes of Dexter for the reason that they were trying to protect their content for paying customers. I AM a paying customer and now I can't watch old episodes of Dexter because Showtime pulled them from Netflix and DirecTV's on-demand offerings are terrible.

#9 ONLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Is this service supposed to compensate for Showtime yanking some of its content from Netflix?

Yes.

#10 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

dug up an old one here... :)

sure would like DIRECTV to add Showtime Anytime for us sometime....

#11 OFFLINE   jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

I would like this added too. Is there anywhere else to watch season 1 of Episodes?

#12 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

I would like this added too. Is there anywhere else to watch season 1 of Episodes?

I think netflix has some.

#13 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Maybe when the next round of contract talks occurs between Showtime and DIRECTV, this will get added... No clue when that time is though myself...

Still holding out hope that something before then can strike up a chance of us getting access to it soon...

#14 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Coming if I remember correctly during the viacom deal announcement. Takes time to build infrastructure and attach verification system.

#15 ONLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Maybe when the next round of contract talks occurs between Showtime and DIRECTV, this will get added... No clue when that time is though myself...

Still holding out hope that something before then can strike up a chance of us getting access to it soon...

directv and CBS just came to terms on a new deal last month. Showtime was included but no official word on Showtime Anytime.

http://www.deadline....iage-agreement/

#16 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Well dang I had no clue cbs owned Showtime.....

Hope it was included in the deal and we get notice of it comming soon down the pipe... :)

#17 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Showtime and D* just renewed their deal last month. http://www.hollywood...carriage-377406

Showtime Anytime content will be launch on D* Everywhere, if all goes well, before the holidays. That is barring any technical unknowns, but that is the plan. D* customers will also have access to Showtime Anytime's site and app as well....I believe at the same time.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#18 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Showtime and D* just renewed their deal last month. http://www.hollywood...carriage-377406

Showtime Anytime content will be launch on D* Everywhere, if all goes well, before the holidays. That is barring any technical unknowns, but that is the plan. D* customers will also have access to Showtime Anytime's site and app as well....I believe at the same time.

Whoo! Thanks for dropping in and telling us! :)

#19 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 897 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Cannot wait! Loving HBO Go. Would this be the same, that is all episodes of the series (not just the latest)?

#20 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Currently Showtime Anytime only carries some seasons of there original series. I guess that could change in the future though. You can still look through what they currently offer even though its not available on DirecTV yet: http://www.showtimea...eries/allseries

Dexter & Homeland - currently all seasons carried
The Big C - only Season 3
Shameless - Season 1 & 2
Weeds - only Season 8

spam firewall