Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBC Cancels "The Playboy Club"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

I'm not so sure about "Pan Am" just yet. It's situation against "Sunday Night Football" pretty much means ABC would have to abandoned the time slot and find something else to start over with after football season. It's ratings so far aren't as bad as "The Playboy Club":

I have DVRed Pan Am, but not watched yet... I have a lot to watch on Sundays!

My gut says Pan Am has a different audience than Sunday Night Football... so I don't think the typical SNF viewer would watch it if it were on another night... I'm the oddball who is interested in both... I remember watching Ally McBeal instead of Monday Night Football back in the day...

Anyway... I think you're right... ABC probably concedes the night to Sunday Night Football anyway... it's different than NBC putting Playboy up against MNF because while Playboy and Pan Am are period pieces, I'm not sure they were trying to get the same audience.

My gut tells me that Pan Am is hoping for more female viewers, where Playboy was clearly aiming more for the men.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

It lasted a week longer than I thought it would. Pan Am should follow shortly.

I don't expect Pan Am to follow too quickly, but I DO expect Charlie's Angels to go pretty quickly. Free Agents has already become the second cancelled show of the season.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#23 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Anybody hearing rumors of it being picked up by any of the cable/sat networks?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#24 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

I kinda liked this show also, sad to see it go....

“The cave you fear to enter, holds the treasure you seek.” 
― 
Joseph Campbell

Protected By... spam firewall...And...