Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Trading Cars - Sirius to XM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bcampbell

bcampbell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

I currently have a paid subscription to Sirius through next summer. Am trading vehicles of which it has XM. Can my account be transferred?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

I don't think so. They are still run as two separate companies.

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Others have tried in the past and couldn't. I haven't heard anything recently on this topic. So you should call and see whether you can transfer the account, but my gut feeling is the answer will be "no".

#4 OFFLINE   etexlady

etexlady

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

No is the correct answer. I had to cancel my existing Sirius account and they prorated and gave me a credit for the time that remained. Then had to open a new account for the XM service that was in my new car. It was all a royal screw-up. Sirius is still sending "come back to Sirius" letters and I got multiple phone calls for a month encouraging me to come back to Sirius. I finally convinced one of the callers to listen to me and explained why I had cancelled Sirius. She said she understood then tried to sell me a Sirius radio "on sale" today only. Sigh................

#5 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,049 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

She said she understood then tried to sell me a Sirius radio "on sale" today only. Sigh................

That drives me crazy! You get a new vehicle and call to switch and all they want to do is 1) talk you out of cancelling even though not cancelling would mean you are paying for a radio in a vehicle you no longer own, or 2) try to sell you another radio for your new vehicle even though it has one built it.

I think the FCC/Politicians dropped the ball on this big time. With all the conditions they imposed on this merger, a combination of operations should have been one of them.

#6 OFFLINE   Chop69

Chop69

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

I just went through this on what I would consider a mildly complicated account and couldn't be happier. I had a Sirius account with:

1 primary receiver, billed annually, last paid 4/11
1 NavTraffic sub, billed annually, last paid 9/11
1 add on receiver in a second car, billed monthly

I was prepared for a battle when I traded off the car with the primary receiver and the traffic. But, the rep was able to refund the unused portions of the primary and the traffic, apply that balance to the new XM account, and make the add on month to month receiver primary. He even gave me what I would consider a good deal on the new XM service.

Maybe I just got lucky and got a good rep.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...