Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hockey in HD

• Please log in to reply
796 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

no, some feed they just have to black out the commercials you will see that with a few teams, Ducks, Stars when they use there MY9 feed

Thanks for the info. I hate all of these regulations. IMO, if you pay for the service, you should get the entire broadcast. But then, they make the rules, I don't.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

I'm sure they will show the intermission stuff (because they will be "on air") but it is weird they are blacking out the commericals? Wonder why that is?

Well credit where credit is due... A Canadian HD feed!

#53 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

I hate to say this, but I knew when I read this thread, despite us getting the TSN feed in NHL CI, someone wouldn't be happy. I thought it was going to be, why didn't we get the Canadian HD feed of the Sens, but it was about something I normally skip? :rolleyes: If we continue to get all MSG feeds and Canadian HD feeds when both are Canadian teams, I'll be satisfied.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#54 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

I hate to say this, but I knew when I read this thread, despite us getting the TSN feed in NHL CI, someone wouldn't be happy. I thought it was going to be, why didn't we get the Canadian HD feed of the Sens, but it was about something I normally skip? :rolleyes: If we continue to get all MSG feeds and Canadian HD feeds when both are Canadian teams, I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, I agree. And the intermission stuff is being shown by the way for the one's who were asking.

#55 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, I agree. And the intermission stuff is being shown by the way for the one's who were asking.

I'm definitely happy to see the intermission is not being blacked out. I'll check out HNIC Saturday to see how they handle those games.

#56 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

We are getting another TSN feed of the Jets game but no HD. Hey two TSN feeds on one night is a major improvement.

#57 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

We are getting another TSN feed of the Jets game but no HD. Hey two TSN feeds on one night is a major improvement.

These are regional TSN feeds. TSN does the local TV coverage for the Canadiens (in English) and Jets, while SNET does the local TV for the other teams. The NHL schedule refers to the feeds as "TSN-HABS" and "TSN-JETS." Still, I don't think they ever used a "TSN-HABS" feed last year. When Montreal was the only source for a game, they used the French RDS feed instead.

#58 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

These are regional TSN feeds. TSN does the local TV coverage for the Canadiens (in English) and Jets, while SNET does the local TV for the other teams. The NHL schedule refers to the feeds as "TSN-HABS" and "TSN-JETS." Still, I don't think they ever used a "TSN-HABS" feed last year. When Montreal was the only source for a game, they used the French RDS feed instead.

Yes TSN is the local broadcaster for the Jets but the Jets SD feed is the national TSN game tonight. The Montreal HD feed is the regional one.

#59 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,940 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

It looks like we're getting a back haul feed from the Montreal stadium, which is why there are no commercials. Maybe we'll get TSN home feeds this season?

#60 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

It looks like we're getting a back haul feed from the Montreal stadium, which is why there are no commercials. Maybe we'll get TSN home feeds this season?

maybe not indemand has the same game in HD but a other up coming game where they don't have a TSN HD (but have the room to show it)
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#61 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

The game's the thing! I don't care if they black out the intermissions as TSN kind of annoys me actually (a little too much of the ESPN attitude) as long as we get some TSN HD. With this kind of bonus and MSG HD back, I am officially resubscribing.

#62 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

The game's the thing! I don't care if they black out the intermissions as TSN kind of annoys me actually (a little too much of the ESPN attitude) as long as we get some TSN HD. With this kind of bonus and MSG HD back, I am officially resubscribing.

MSG is pulling more crap Rangers @ Islanders HD on MSG and MSG+ but Devils @ Predators MSG+2 (HD only on cable vision)

#63 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

Next Tuesday night is a bad night for Directv and hockey. NO HD for two games and three others are missing one of them. The feeds exist and are accessible, but we are not worth it:mad:

Roku will have them though and they are pretty darn close with the new software updates:)

Buffalo Sabres at Montreal Canadiens 7:30 pm

Philadelphia Flyers at Ottawa Senators 7:30 pm

Edmonton Oilers at Calgary Flames 9:00 pm

New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks 10:00 pm

Chicago Blackhawks at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 pm

#64 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,431 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Next Tuesday night is a bad night for Directv and hockey. NO HD for two games and three others are missing one of them. The feeds exist and are accessible, but we are not worth it:mad:

Chicago Blackhawks at Phoenix Coyotes 10:00 pm

Why wouldn't they use the FS-AZ feed like usual?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#65 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

Why wouldn't they use the FS-AZ feed like usual?

They are using FS-AZ for that game. He said there was 2 games without a HD feed at all and 3 games that was missing 1 hd feed. This is one of the three games that is missing one of the HD feeds.

#66 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,431 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

They are using FS-AZ for that game. He said there was 2 games without a HD feed at all and 3 games that was missing 1 hd feed. This is one of the three games that is missing one of the HD feeds.

Oops...I can't read this morning. :lol:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#67 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

I don't think cable or directv uses OTA feeds when there is a RSN feed for the game.

Now in canada WGN HD (OTA) get's used more as it's a full time channel on there systems up there and on most systems the games on WGN HD are not blacked out and you don't need center ice to see them.

as for Philadelphia Flyers blame comcast. The MLB has the power to force that FEED in HD on to Directv. NBA also has the power to force at least one HD feed per game.

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 16 October 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#68 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

if you guys saw how few HD games are available every night on local cable (comcast / service electric) and on dish network, i think you would be a lot less angry
DIRECTV since 2005
Premier Package + MRV + NHL Center Ice + NFL Sunday Ticket
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#69 OFFLINE   btk89

btk89

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

if you guys saw how few HD games are available every night on local cable (comcast / service electric) and on dish network, i think you would be a lot less angry

I agree. I was stuck with comcast up until this past August. NHL CI was terrible. We would literally get one game a night in HD. D* is much better, I just wish they could negotiate and get the Flyers feed!!!

#70 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

I've used Apple TV to watch NHL games this year. Excellent picture -- not quite the clarity of D* HD feeds, but very acceptable. And, much more stability in the feeds compared to when I watched on a Roku last year. Sounds from a previous poster that Roku has improved their stability this year, and I hope that's the case, because NHL was a mess last year on Roku.

#71 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

I wonder if this is also the case with the ps3? Anyone know?

#72 OFFLINE   Mickstix

Mickstix

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

Well, the Panthers are playin The Caps in DC tonight.. The Panther feed is crisp HD, the Caps feed is.. Well, I dont know what it is, but it's not HD.. Fills the screen but the picture is muddy.. Home team with the bad feed? Weird..

#73 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

FWIW - the Sabres/Habs game last night had by far the best hockey PQ I've ever seen.

#74 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 606 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

FWIW - the Sabres/Habs game last night had by far the best hockey PQ I've ever seen.

MSG HD is probably my favorite Hockey feed ...Rangers, Islanders, devils, or Sabers ... absolutely sparkling ...

#75 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

You know what's funny though - the home Sabres game main camera has washed out colors. All their other cameras look great.

I wonder if it's just a camera adjustment on their end?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...