Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hockey in HD

• Please log in to reply
796 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

What hockey fan would rather watch NHL On The Fly after the 7pm HNIC game instead of another game at 10pm? C'mon, NHL Network, just stick the scores in the crawl and show the 10pm CBC HNIC game in HD.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

What hockey fan would rather watch NHL On The Fly after the 7pm HNIC game instead of another game at 10pm? C'mon, NHL Network, just stick the scores in the crawl and show the 10pm CBC HNIC game in HD.

I totally agree but I'm afraid we are now flogging the proverbial dead horse.

The NHL Network thinks that to grow the game they need to show American teams and On the Fly rather than HNIC. Sad I know....but true....

#43 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

In one way I really agree with the NHL Network. There is a need to grow the game in the U.S. and that is not going to happen if the non CI fan gets to watch Leafs Sens on a Saturday night regardless of whether it is in HD, SD or B&W. Ergo, I really don't care what they show on NHL Network, I would be just as happy to put everything from 5:30 Central time until the end of the second game on a CI channel with the hd feeds available. Even if you don't want to watch the Leafs play Florida, you really need HD to fully appreciate Don Cherry's outfits each week. Those of us who watched a lot of HNIC OTA while in college near the Canadian border have a certain nostalgia for it, regardless of who is playing.

#44 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

well the Devils feed is in HD, so there is hope for the Rangers game this weekend

#45 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

TSN is in HD!

#46 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

TSN is in HD!

Very nice - Thank you, DirecTV!!!!!
TOTAL CHOICE Plus - HR22-100 , HR23-700
Sunday Ticket - Super Fan | MLB Extra Innings | NHL Center Ice | NBA League Pass

#47 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

They are blacking out the commercials. Will they black out the intermissions too? If they do, I definitely won't be buying for Center Ice.

#48 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

They are blacking out the commercials. Will they black out the intermissions too? If they do, I definitely won't be buying for Center Ice.

I'm sure they will show the intermission stuff (because they will be "on air") but it is weird they are blacking out the commericals? Wonder why that is?

#49 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

no, some feed they just have to black out the commercials you will see that with a few teams, Ducks, Stars when they use there MY9 feed

#50 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'm sure they will show the intermission stuff (because they will be "on air") but it is weird they are blacking out the commericals? Wonder why that is?

I purchased NHL Game Center Live on opening day thinking I could get all the Canadian games in HD only to find out they blacked out both the commercials and the intermissions on HNIC. I called and cancelled.

#51 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

no, some feed they just have to black out the commercials you will see that with a few teams, Ducks, Stars when they use there MY9 feed

Thanks for the info. I hate all of these regulations. IMO, if you pay for the service, you should get the entire broadcast. But then, they make the rules, I don't.

#52 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Well credit where credit is due... A Canadian HD feed!

#53 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

I hate to say this, but I knew when I read this thread, despite us getting the TSN feed in NHL CI, someone wouldn't be happy. I thought it was going to be, why didn't we get the Canadian HD feed of the Sens, but it was about something I normally skip? :rolleyes: If we continue to get all MSG feeds and Canadian HD feeds when both are Canadian teams, I'll be satisfied.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#54 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

I hate to say this, but I knew when I read this thread, despite us getting the TSN feed in NHL CI, someone wouldn't be happy. I thought it was going to be, why didn't we get the Canadian HD feed of the Sens, but it was about something I normally skip? :rolleyes: If we continue to get all MSG feeds and Canadian HD feeds when both are Canadian teams, I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, I agree. And the intermission stuff is being shown by the way for the one's who were asking.

#55 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, I agree. And the intermission stuff is being shown by the way for the one's who were asking.

I'm definitely happy to see the intermission is not being blacked out. I'll check out HNIC Saturday to see how they handle those games.

#56 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

We are getting another TSN feed of the Jets game but no HD. Hey two TSN feeds on one night is a major improvement.

#57 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 991 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

We are getting another TSN feed of the Jets game but no HD. Hey two TSN feeds on one night is a major improvement.

These are regional TSN feeds. TSN does the local TV coverage for the Canadiens (in English) and Jets, while SNET does the local TV for the other teams. The NHL schedule refers to the feeds as "TSN-HABS" and "TSN-JETS." Still, I don't think they ever used a "TSN-HABS" feed last year. When Montreal was the only source for a game, they used the French RDS feed instead.

#58 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

These are regional TSN feeds. TSN does the local TV coverage for the Canadiens (in English) and Jets, while SNET does the local TV for the other teams. The NHL schedule refers to the feeds as "TSN-HABS" and "TSN-JETS." Still, I don't think they ever used a "TSN-HABS" feed last year. When Montreal was the only source for a game, they used the French RDS feed instead.

Yes TSN is the local broadcaster for the Jets but the Jets SD feed is the national TSN game tonight. The Montreal HD feed is the regional one.

#59 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,699 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

It looks like we're getting a back haul feed from the Montreal stadium, which is why there are no commercials. Maybe we'll get TSN home feeds this season?

#60 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

It looks like we're getting a back haul feed from the Montreal stadium, which is why there are no commercials. Maybe we'll get TSN home feeds this season?

maybe not indemand has the same game in HD but a other up coming game where they don't have a TSN HD (but have the room to show it)
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

spam firewall