Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV nomad PC version 1.01.40 and iOS version 1.0: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#281 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

One can effectively make it two steps: After choosing programs to transcode, quit the nomad app.

Yes, and that is what I currently do. The annoying thing is though that it starts downloading everything as soon as you start the app back up though. So like last night, I set up about 50 things to transcode because I am getting ready to leave on a week long trip. I don't know yet if I am going to take my wife's iPad, or just my iPhone, so I don't want it to transfer anything to any devices yet. I do want them to get transcoded though so once I figure out what device I am taking I can then just transfer them over.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#282 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

I was expecting the default would be to transcode and download, with an option to just transcode. Similar to the checkbox we have today, you could select not to download.

I agree it needs to be as simple as possible, so the default will be what most folks intend.

I also had to chose which device to use for the download, my laptop or my iPad. My iPad was mostly for the plane, since it has limited space, but much longer battery life. The laptop has much more space, but very limited battery. I went back and forth a few times before starting the downloads.

Setup

Ken

#283 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,630 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

I'd comment that you guys are the epitome of power users! I doubt that many will find the stumbling blocks (much less the solutions) that you've overcome.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#284 OFFLINE   markrogo

markrogo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'd comment that you guys are the epitome of power users! I doubt that many will find the stumbling blocks (much less the solutions) that you've overcome.

I'd comment that this is an all-too-frequent occurrence here. Someone makes a perfectly reasonable feature request and they're basically told something like: "Oh, you're just an outlier."

I'd comment that, but it'd get reported as somehow offensive, so I urge you to read the above as a hypothetical.

#285 OFFLINE   mcnallc1

mcnallc1

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Version 1.8.1 is now available.

Just listed bug fixes with a message to watch out for new features.

#286 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Version 1.8.1 is now available.

Just listed bug fixes with a message to watch out for new features.

Has anyone taken the plunge and upgraded their iPad? I'd hate to lose my programs when I'm traveling.

Setup

Ken

#287 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

They are pretty consistent.

Not really.

Step one - select 'download to iPad' from the DVR list (that is already misleading because that is not what it is actually going to do yet). Now go back to the main screen and it says downloading 1 of 1 on the bottom. Well, does that mean downloading to the iPad or to the nomad? (yes I know what it's doing). But then select the up arrow on the right and the screen now says:

Downloading
Programs will download after preparing.

So why does the previous screen say it's downloading when this say it will download later?

Then below that it says:
Preparing
xxxxxxx
xxx min left

Which is actually what it is doing (and what I think the other screen should say). Then later when a program is ready, you are once again given screens that say downloading (to the iPad).

Not constant at all IMO.

Edited by poppo, 01 November 2011 - 08:11 PM.

#288 OFFLINE   mcnallc1

mcnallc1

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Has anyone taken the plunge and upgraded their iPad? I'd hate to lose my programs when I'm traveling.

I upgraded mine and ended up having to remove the app and all the data to get it to work. So you may want to hold off.

#289 OFFLINE   deffdino

deffdino

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Argh!!! New upgrade ..... Had to reinstall app, lost shows and now won't recognize the nomad on my network.
HR20-700 via HDMI to SONY KDS60A2000 :D
(Networked, DD-on, 1080i, Native off)
OPPO HD981, SONY STRDG800, XBOX 360, PS3, Harmony 880
HR20-100 via HDMI to Samsung LN-S2351

#290 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

I just did. Didn't lose anything. Not sure about any new features yet.

Note: I updated via iTunes. And I made sure the app was totally shut down first.

Hmmm..... iTunes updated it, but oddly the app still says V1.0.1

Edited by poppo, 01 November 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#291 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,027 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

I just did. Didn't lose anything. Not sure about any new features yet.

Note: I updated via iTunes. And I made sure the app was totally shut down first.

Hmmm..... iTunes updated it, but oddly the app still says V1.0.1

I've been told in the past that it can take a day for the iTunes server farms to propagate the updated code to all of them.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#292 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

I've been told in the past that it can take a day for the iTunes server farms to propagate the updated code to all of them.

But why would iTunes say there was an update available and download it if it wasn't the updated version? Seems like that could cause people to be running the wrong version of a lot of apps.

#293 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Downloaded the iOS update, then an hour later the App Store says there is another update....but for version 1.0? Did they roll it back that soon?

#294 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

I think there is a typo on iTunes site. My touch has 1.0.0 and my iPad now has 1.0.1 after the update not 1.8.1 Going from 1.0.0 to 1.8.1 would seem odd.

<edit> now iTunes shows 1.0 again. :confused:

#295 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Looks like the new version is gone. It must have been pulled back.

Setup

Ken

#296 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

Did anyone who downloaded the one that gave them trouble actually look and see what version the app said it was under system info? I'm curious if there ever really was a 1.8.1 or if it was the 1.0.1 that I am now running. As noted above, my other device still has 1.0.0, so I do have some sort of update or at least verion number change.

#297 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Did anyone who downloaded the one that gave them trouble actually look and see what version the app said it was under system info? I'm curious if there ever really was a 1.8.1 or if it was the 1.0.1 that I am now running. As noted above, my other device still has 1.0.0, so I do have some sort of update or at least verion number change.

I downloaded what was listed on the App Store as 1.8.1, but your post made me check, and System Info is showing my iPad2 is running 1.0.1.

Based on how the betas were numbered, my guess is the internal numbering scheme is different than the NR numbering scheme, and last night's release was published with the wrong file name at first, and they've since corrected it. Just my .02.
/steve

#298 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

... and last night's release was published with the wrong file name at first, and they've since corrected it. Just my .02.

But corrected to what? It's now showing the original version (and description) again. I guess I'm trying to figure out if they pulled the 1.0.1 that I am now running or what. I have not had any problems, but if they pulled it for a reason.....

Edited by poppo, 02 November 2011 - 07:36 AM.

#299 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

But corrected to what? It's now showing the original version (and description) again. I guess I'm trying to figure out if they pulled the 1.0.1 that I am now running or what. I have not had any problems, but if they pulled it for a reason.....

Could just be an App Store update issue. I've heard from developers that it sometimes takes 24-48 hours for updates to propagate.

Even if they pulled it, that version we d/l'd last night seems to be working fine. Doesn't look any different from a UI standpoint than 1.0, so whatever's changed is UTH.
/steve

#300 OFFLINE   jpelam

jpelam

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

What is your router make/model?

I have a Linksys E4200 Router

What is the IP address of your PC and STB's?

Notebook (Wireless) = 192.168.2.117 (cliet Software 1.0.1.40)
Ipod Touch (Wireless) = 192.168.2.104

Nomad 192.168.2.110

Subnet 255.255.255.0

What is the IP range you are using?

192.168.2.100 - 192.168.2.119

How many STB's do you have and what type?

2 STBs, HR22-100, HR20-100

Are you using Whole Home?

USing Whole Home

How are you networked, CAT5, MoCA, home plug, CCK-W (wireless), wireless gaming adapter?

Using Cat 5 Nomad is plugged directly to E4200

Nomad has 3 blue lights when I run the client on the Notebook I recieve:

1. Found Directv Nomad (check)

2. Activated Device (Check)

3. Unable to register Directv Nomad (Error code 5-0-0)

On The Ipod Touch the error is Unable to register Directv Nomad (Error Code (Nomad/65535)

also have received (NSPOSIXErrorDomain/51)

- I have tried to uninstall Apps and reinstall apps

- Disabale AV/Firewall Software (Norton 360)

- Reset Nomad (using reset button)

Please Help
HR20-100 --> Mitsubishi WD-62628 DLP 1080p HDTV via HDMI thru A/V Receiver
Sony STR-DG800 7.1 A/V Receiver via Digital Optical
OTA, Networking Enabled, Native Mode On- Running 0x406C AT-9 5-LNB KaKu Dish, Zinwell WB68 -Seagate FreeAgent PRO 750GB eSATA Drive

Protected By... spam firewall...And...