Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV nomad PC version 1.01.40 and iOS version 1.0: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#601 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Morega.

But I don't see a joke. Recordings expire in 30 days.

It was just recorded this evening at 7:30 and downloaded, the date is right their in the image.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#602 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Morega.

But I don't see a joke. Recordings expire in 30 days.

Last I looked Feb 27th is less than 30 days away from Feb 27th ;)

That is definitely a strange error. My only guess on how to fix is the same way we seem to have to fix all the other issues. Remove the app from your device and add it again, then transfer the program again.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#603 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

Last I looked Feb 27th is less than 30 days away from Feb 27th ;)

That is definitely a strange error. My only guess on how to fix is the same way we seem to have to fix all the other issues. Remove the app from your device and add it again, then transfer the program again.

I tried a bunch of different shows all did the same thing just wanted to see if maybe I could use a little netbook laying around for it (my normal computer is a MacBook Pro). But apparently no dice even though it's meets minimum requirements.

#604 OFFLINE   StephenT

StephenT

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 5.1 yesterday, and when I run the Nomad app I get the AR/3004 validation required error. It seems that whenever iOS is updated you need to delete and reinstall the app. They couldn't have fixed this by now?

Oh also same thing when I upgraded my phone from 3GS to 4S. The backup restored on the 4S, and the Nomad app wouldn't work until deleted and reinstalled.

#605 OFFLINE   pnessutt

pnessutt

AllStar

• Banned User
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 5.1 yesterday, and when I run the Nomad app I get the AR/3004 validation required error. It seems that whenever iOS is updated you need to delete and reinstall the app. They couldn't have fixed this by now?

Oh also same thing when I upgraded my phone from 3GS to 4S. The backup restored on the 4S, and the Nomad app wouldn't work until deleted and reinstalled.

Hmm. Not seeing any issues here and I just did all my upgrades of OS (OTA) to iOS 5.1. Seems to be working fine.

I, too, wish they'd upgrade the app. Maybe they were waiting for the new iPad HD features to be available... :-).

-Bob

#606 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,201 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Also no problems here upgrading to 5.1.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#607 OFFLINE   StephenT

StephenT

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hmm, to be honest I also hadn't used it in a long time. Has anyone noticed that mattering?

#608 OFFLINE   tonypitt

tonypitt

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

The video player for Nomad desperately needs a 30 second skip/slip button for navigating through commercials. I realize that the slider can be used to advance in the video timeline, but it's too hard to move it to exactly the desired location. Because of this issue, and because I've found it extremely frustrating to watch commercials anymore, I find that don't use my Nomad as much as I thought I would.

#609 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

I upgraded to 5.1 day one too. No issues with nomad.

Setup

Ken

#610 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

I am trying to delete two of my NOMAD PC devices on the DirecTV web site, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. Does anybody know how?

Thanks,

#611 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,533 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

I am trying to delete two of my NOMAD PC devices on the DirecTV web site, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. Does anybody know how?

Thanks,

No need to do anything with Nomad on the website. Just leave the PC's as is. When you need to add a new client to Nomad, just grab one of the licenses of the two PC's you no longer want to use Nomad. BTW, you can't take a license unless its been active 30 days.

#612 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

How do I see how much space my NOMAD is using? I've been having a problem where my multi-room viewing stutters so severely that you can't watch anything in another room, but the stuttering goes away immediately if I power down the NOMAD.

#613 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,201 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

How do I see how much space my NOMAD is using? I've been having a problem where my multi-room viewing stutters so severely that you can't watch anything in another room, but the stuttering goes away immediately if I power down the NOMAD.

Nomad doesn't take any 'space' on the HD DVR's, it just reads the information off the harddrive via the network connection and then stores it in its internal memory. It would be helpful to know how all your equipement is connected, are you use DECA, wireless or unsupported ethernet?

#614 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

I know it doesn't take up any space on my DVR, I am asking about how to see how much space is consumed on the internal flash drive on the NOMAD itself. Becuase when it prepares a show it stores it on the NOMAD before transferring to a PC, right? I am using unsupported ethernet. What happens when I have set up programs to auto download, but they take up way more space than what is on the NOMAD?

#615 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,201 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

I know it doesn't take up any space on my DVR, I am asking about how to see how much space is consumed on the internal flash drive on the NOMAD itself. Becuase when it prepares a show it stores it on the NOMAD before transferring to a PC, right? I am using unsupported ethernet. What happens when I have set up programs to auto download, but they take up way more space than what is on the NOMAD?

To see how much space you're using on NOMAD, start the PC client and click on the ? and then select System Info, you'll then see the storage total and free numbers. If using IOS client on iPhone/iPad it's the same process to find out.

#616 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,627 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Content isn't so much "transferred" as copied to....i.e., the nomad retains the shows you've put on your devices until it runs out of room, and then it sloughs off as needed.

Sounds like your LAN is stuttering on load perhaps? I.e., it sounds like this problem doesn't happen when your nomad is not 'busy'....? Is there generally other network activity as well?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#617 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

You could test it with a single show.

First test
Set nomad to encode it, but don't start downloads. That checks to see if the problem is between your DVR and nomad.

Second test
Make sure nomad is not encoding (nothing shows as "preparing"). Start the download with the nomad client on your PC or iPhone. This will check the connection between nomad and your PC. Your DVR is not involved at all.

Check which scenario causes your DVR to stutter.

Setup

Ken

#618 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

How do I reset the NOMAD back to factory default settings?

#619 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

From the manual, page 20.

Resetting the nomad™
On the front panel behind the cap is a Red reset button. This button has three types of Resets that are initiated by pressing and holding the button.
  • Press for 3 seconds: simulated power cycle
  • Press for 30 seconds and release: remove user configurable options
    (all user settings set back to default and content is kept)
  • Press for 2 minutes and release: Factory Reset
    (wipes all settings and content)

Setup

Ken

#620 OFFLINE   cpbradley

cpbradley

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

+1 to getting the Nomad to 'auto transcode' by default everything on my DVRs. I would love that.

I'm having a problem today, whereby I cannot select the auto-download option on my PC-connected device. I had 20 programs selected to auto-download, and the behavior the app is showing is that, when clicking the check box, the box will briefly show selected, then go back to cleared.

Thinking there may be a limit, I removed one of the auto-download shows, then attempted to add a new one. Same behavior is showing.

My setup: Win7 Pro, 64bit (1.0.1.40), and the Nomad (FW 1.0.p25.36929S) has a 1.5TB external drive attached. The transcoding, downloading, etc is all working just fine. My only problem is getting the auto-download to select.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Has a solution been found for the auto-download issue. I opened a ticket with DirecTV. Received a return call and was told they would be contacting software engineering and call back. That was three weeks ago.

#621 OFFLINE   txfeinbergs

txfeinbergs

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

I ran into the same issue restoring my iPAD 2 backup onto the iPAD 3. Had to delete and reinsall the app and then the authentication worked.

#622 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

I see my Nomad firmware updated recently are we gearing up for some of those "Coming Soon" or more things that we've been waiting for 6 going on 7 months for?

#623 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Any chance for nomad for Mac soon?

#624 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,533 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

I see my Nomad firmware updated recently are we gearing up for some of those "Coming Soon" or more things that we've been waiting for 6 going on 7 months for?

Can you determine what your new firmware version is?

#625 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

I get the feeling that we will see an update to nomad and such in the next quarter, based on all the announced additional streaming and such in the second quarter by DirecTV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...