Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV nomad PC version 1.01.40 and iOS version 1.0: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#621 OFFLINE   txfeinbergs

txfeinbergs

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 5.1 yesterday, and when I run the Nomad app I get the AR/3004 validation required error. It seems that whenever iOS is updated you need to delete and reinstall the app. They couldn't have fixed this by now?

Oh also same thing when I upgraded my phone from 3GS to 4S. The backup restored on the 4S, and the Nomad app wouldn't work until deleted and reinstalled.

I ran into the same issue restoring my iPAD 2 backup onto the iPAD 3. Had to delete and reinsall the app and then the authentication worked.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#622 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

I see my Nomad firmware updated recently are we gearing up for some of those "Coming Soon" or more things that we've been waiting for 6 going on 7 months for?

#623 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Any chance for nomad for Mac soon?

#624 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

I see my Nomad firmware updated recently are we gearing up for some of those "Coming Soon" or more things that we've been waiting for 6 going on 7 months for?

Can you determine what your new firmware version is?

#625 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,862 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

I get the feeling that we will see an update to nomad and such in the next quarter, based on all the announced additional streaming and such in the second quarter by DirecTV.

#626 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,205 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Any chance for nomad for Mac soon?

Anything is possible but don't hold your breath. DRM is a difficult task on computers.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#627 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,971 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

Anything is possible but don't hold your breath. DRM is a difficult task on computers.

It is? Not on Macs, however. I suppose you're a PC and Dish kinda guy??
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#628 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,205 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

It is? Not on Macs, however.

That must surely be why Blu-ray is so insanely popular and widely supported on the Mac.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#629 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,971 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

That must surely be why Blu-ray is so insanely popular and widely supported on the Mac.

Sarcasm becomes you, but your inference fails.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#630 OFFLINE   BudShark

BudShark

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

REALLY?????

Macs lack of support of Blu-Ray has NOTHING to do with DRM and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Apple strategically is reducing support of physical media in favor of iTunes, streaming, and digital copies. They didn't want to ADD something they INTENDED to not support in hardware long term, especially with licensing and other associated components. Considering third party add-ons for Blu-Ray playback as well as the fact that Apple's OWN TOOLS support the writing of Blu-Ray, your comment related to DRM being somehow difficult is an outright LIE and JOKE.

I suggest you stick to topics you know and understand. Although, that might severely limit your number of posts.

#631 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Can you determine what your new firmware version is?

I have 1.2.P14-46159S.

Setup

Ken

#632 OFFLINE   buckZor

buckZor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

PC App is up to version: 1.0.1.54
Nomad firmware: 1.2.p14-46159S

As of March 23rd, 2012

#633 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I still can't get a 3-hour manually recorded hockey game from an NHL CI channel to transfer to my Nomad devices (iPad or a PC).

I've been working with DirecTV case management and they called tonight and gave me this update: "according to our engineers, the NHL CI channels are coded as PPV channels therefore you can't watch them with a Nomad." The CSR told me that she is trying to figure out whether this is going to be corrected as the DirecTV web site doesn't mention that NHL CI can't be transferred (and we should be able to watch NHL CI channels via nomad).

Case management has had me try different DVRs in our house (HR21, 22 and 24) and also try recording SD NHL CI games. None would transfer over to the PC or iPad.

I do not have the Sports package; I have been able to transfer & watch games from NBC, NHLN, my RSN and NBC Sports network via nomad.

Anyone else having this problem? Should my little red BS flag be flying right now with this answer (NHL CI is coded as PPV)?

If this is in fact accurate, I wonder if the same will be true for MLB EI?

#634 OFFLINE   dengland

dengland

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

[quote name='trh']I have been able to transfer & watch games from NBC, NHLN, my RSN and NBC Sports network via nomad.
QUOTE]

I thought locals would not transfer. Is tthe NBC you reference a local?

HR34-700, HR20-700, HR22-100, HR22-100

#635 OFFLINE   dengland

dengland

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

I have been able to transfer & watch games from NBC, NHLN, my RSN and NBC Sports network via nomad.

I thought locals would not transfer. Is the NBC you reference a local?

Edited by dengland, 07 April 2012 - 07:13 AM.
Fix the quote. Sorry about the double post.

#636 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,362 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

NBC games transfer. It is only the Center Ice channels I can't get to transfer.

#637 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

I thought locals would not transfer. Is the NBC you reference a local?

Locals transfer from SAT channels. OTA channels will not.

#638 OFFLINE   dengland

dengland

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Locals transfer from SAT channels. OTA channels will not.

Ahh...Good to know. Thanks.

#639 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have a recording showing up as "On This PC", but it is not actually there, as when I go to play it, it says it needs to download it, but it is not showing up on the DVR Playlist, nor is it anywhere on any DVR. How do I delete this porgram from my PC (although it isn't really there to be deleted). i just want to get rid of it showing in "ON THIS PC"

#640 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,149 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

I have a recording showing up as "On This PC", but it is not actually there, as when I go to play it, it says it needs to download it, but it is not showing up on the DVR Playlist, nor is it anywhere on any DVR. How do I delete this porgram from my PC (although it isn't really there to be deleted). i just want to get rid of it showing in "ON THIS PC"

There's probably an item in the Nomad folder that is there with the recording's name on it. If you search your PC for the Nomad folder and open it, look for the title. Delete it manually but nothing else. That should get rid of it and be gone next time you launch the app.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...