Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV nomad PC version 1.01.40 and iOS version 1.0: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#641 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

There's probably an item in the Nomad folder that is there with the recording's name on it. If you search your PC for the Nomad folder and open it, look for the title. Delete it manually but nothing else. That should get rid of it and be gone next time you launch the app.

Interesting! Having title names and not strings of numbers/letters will be very useful in Explorer or Finder.

Edited by Laxguy, 10 April 2012 - 10:11 PM.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#642 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

I have a "new" iPad. Set up Nomad a little more than a month ago with a bunch of recordings that downloaded and played fine. Now they all expired and I have no more recordings on the iPad

I get the message that says "There are no recordings on your iPad"

If I go into iPad, Settings and then Usage I'm showing Nomad is still taking up 13.2 GB of space on my iPad. This is with zero shows downloaded.

With no recordings on the iPad is there any way to free up that 13.2 GB of space that Nomad is taking up?

Version 1.0.1
Firmware 1.2p14-46159S

#643 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,973 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

With no recordings on the iPad is there any way to free up that 13.2 GB of space that Nomad is taking up?

Version 1.0.1
Firmware 1.2p14-46159S

The only way I know of is to delete the nomad client then reinstall.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#644 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

The only way I know of is to delete the nomad client then reinstall.

I was afraid of that. I'll wait until the next version and see if they fix this problem.

#645 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I was afraid of that. I'll wait until the next version and see if they fix this problem.

I wonder if "dead" programs get deleted when the 'Pad is nearing capacity and more space is required?

#646 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

I wonder if "dead" programs get deleted when the 'Pad is nearing capacity and more space is required?

That is what I think would logically be the case.

Why not just give us the Ability to Delete Recordings stored on Nomad or our Mobile Device so we can Manage it ourselves???
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#647 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

REALLY?????

Considering third party add-ons for Blu-Ray playback as well as the fact that Apple's OWN TOOLS support the writing of Blu-Ray, your comment related to DRM being somehow difficult is an outright LIE and JOKE.

I suggest you stick to topics you know and understand. Although, that might severely limit your number of posts.

WOW!!!

What a Post!!! :lol:
Here's My Setup

#648 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

WOW!!!

What a Post!!! :lol:

Well, somewhat harsh if you catch my drift.

#649 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Well, somewhat harsh if you catch my drift.

Just a Great Post and a Great Way To Word It!!! :lol:
Here's My Setup

#650 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Yea it seems to be a very popular way to write apps(Apple almost encourages it) including Spotify where they fill up all your storage and it gets cleared when it's needed but makes people think their using more storage then they are.

It's genius on Apples part

#651 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yea it seems to be a very popular way to write apps(Apple almost encourages it) including Spotify where they fill up all your storage and it gets cleared when it's needed but makes people think their using more storage then they are.

It's genius on Apples part

I wouldn't call it Genius by any means or use of the Word but more like Bad Coding Strategy.

I think it is Confusing in that it makes people think they are running out of space when in fact they have a lot more space than they think if they took into consideration that the used space will be deleted when needed.

Edited by Richierich, 22 April 2012 - 02:34 PM.

Here's My Setup

#652 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Well, thank you dyed-in-the-wool PC guys! :D;):eek2:

It may not be a coding issue, but a decision by Apple to allow for this, pretty neat for songs or videos that you may delete, but reload the following week.

I suspect that Morega has an option of allowing this or not.

#653 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

I sure hope we don't end up with abandonware. A native iPad app should have been released by now.

Trust me, a lot of work is going on right now.

Five months later (from these posts) and still no iPad app. I guess this is just another one of DirecTV's half baked projects. :nono2:

#654 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,970 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Five months later (from these posts) and still no iPad app. I guess this is just another one of DirecTV's half baked projects. :nono2:

I highly doubt that....

#655 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I highly doubt that....

We must be using Directvs dictionary the same one they got "Fast" from for the new HD GUI and "Coming Soon" for the apps on the nomad site. Speaking of coming soon hell they've put up 2 coming soon signs for Chase banks in my area and completed the one about to open and the other is almost getting brick/stone on the outside this is all in less than 3 months and Directv can't get an app for Nomad that natively works at the iPads resolution when the 4S and iPad 2 have the same exact processor and ram and drive space. :(

#656 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Oh DBS Talkers please help me again! I have one of the first nomads available & I'm having trouble. I hadn't used it in months but I got new internet service (TWC) & a new Linksys EA4500 router I figured I would try again. At first it did download to my iPad but sometimes nomad can't find my DVR's on my iPad, iPhone or PC. When it does find them it just seems to keep preparing & never actually downloading. I held down the red button for 3 minutes to reformat & have restarted nomad several times as well as deleting & re-adding the app. Any ideas???

#657 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,915 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Oh DBS Talkers please help me again! I have one of the first nomads available & I'm having trouble. I hadn't used it in months but I got new internet service (TWC) & a new Linksys EA4500 router I figured I would try again. At first it did download to my iPad but sometimes nomad can't find my DVR's on my iPad, iPhone or PC. When it does find them it just seems to keep preparing & never actually downloading. I held down the red button for 3 minutes to reformat & have restarted nomad several times as well as deleting & re-adding the app. Any ideas???

Let's deal with just the iPad for a moment. In settings, deep down, change the DNS from its default to 8.8.8.8. (The 'Pad needs to check with DIRECTV® servers, and this will help it find it more reliabley.)
That solved a lot of problems for me.

#658 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Let's deal with just the iPad for a moment. In settings, deep down, change the DNS from its default to 8.8.8.8. (The 'Pad needs to check with DIRECTV® servers, and this will help it find it more reliabley.)
That solved a lot of problems for me.

Thanks, I'm trying that now.

#659 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,650 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I highly doubt that....

I'm with Inky...

How many times are things silent on a product or service for a bit...only to be surprised soon thereafter...

It's happened many times before. The more sophisticated the offering, sometimes the longer it takes to launch. I've seen that happen numerous times in the tech industry.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#660 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Well, thank you dyed-in-the-wool PC guys! :D;):eek2:

I suspect that Morega has an option of allowing this or not.

You are Welcome you Dyed In The Wool Apple Guy!!! :lol:

How does the Apple Flavored Koolaid Taste!!! :lol:
Here's My Setup

spam firewall