Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV nomad PC version 1.01.40 and iOS version 1.0: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#701 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Updated my iPad and first got greeted with invalid password. Then it complained about something with wrong with the activation. Then I tried to reactivate and it said I was missing some requirement. Huh? It's an iPad. What can I be missing? :rolleyes: Had to uninstall it (and lost my shows). After all of that, still no native iPad support.:nono2:

Also, is there some place where you can see what devices have used a license? After the above issue, it said I have 2 licenses left. But as far as I know, I only activated two iPads.

Edited by poppo, 09 May 2012 - 03:58 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#702 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Also, is there some place where you can see what devices have used a license? After the above issue, it said I have 2 licenses left. But as far as I know, I only activated two iPads.

DirecTV allows you to have up the five devices active for your Nomad at any given time. You can view what devices have been activated for use with your Nomad by going to DirecTV's website. Once logged in go to "My Equipment->Accessories" from the account overview page.

#703 OFFLINE   jmagoo

jmagoo

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

I see where the devices are listed but how do I remove?

#704 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

I see where the devices are listed but how do I remove?

From what I understand it's not possible to remove a device until you go to add a 6th device. As there is a 5 device limit when going to add a 6th device you'll then be given the option to remove one of the existing devices in favor of the new device.

#705 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

From what I understand it's not possible to remove a device until you go to add a 6th device. As there is a 5 device limit when going to add a 6th device you'll then be given the option to remove one of the existing devices in favor of the new device.

Thats accurate but there are also some other nuances to note.
If a device was a new license within the past 30 days, it cannot be removed until after 30 days.

And the Directv website is not always up to date with the devices so don't worry about that.

#706 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Thats accurate but there are also some other nuances to note.
If a device was a new license within the past 30 days, it cannot be removed until after 30 days.

And the Directv website is not always up to date with the devices so don't worry about that.

This too. Thanks for chiming in!

#707 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I am out of town and trying to watch a couple of nomad programs.

One does not expire until 09/29/2012 and the others are all 10/02/2012

All of them will not play saying that they are expired!!

This sucks!!

The other day, when I was offline on an airplane - it said my account couldn't be verified that I needed to be online to verify my account before I could watch shows.

What's the point of this thing if I have to always be tethered to watch anything.

Also, even though I have auto download it never auto prepares anything.

Dan

Attached Thumbnails

• nomad error 1.JPG

#708 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Something isn't right. Obviously.
Do you have all wireless connections on the PC turned off? Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc?

#709 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

I've not seen the problem with programs expiring. I have seen nomad fail to prepare. It's usually because the receiver is in use or you have a corrupted program.

Seems you can get it to record programs, just not Auto?

Setup

Ken

#710 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Now today it says I have no programs on my device. The bad part is I had like 40 programs on there and I am the road for the next two weeks.

I turned off all wireless and wired connection - rebooted still no programs.

Why would it erase them all.

I bought this to purposely watch programs offline and have never ever been able to do that without problems.

#711 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Did you have USB storage, or just the built-in? USB could be lose or broken.

Setup

Ken

#712 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Did you have USB storage, or just the built-in? USB could be lose or
broken.

No I am offlline - my nomad is at home - I'm out of town. I transferred all my shows to my PC before I left. I want 10 shows that had the same expiration date of 9/30/2012 - then yesterday I tried to watch and even though it says it will expired 09/30 - it is already expired!! All shows....then I rebooted and went back into Nomad Player offline and it shows no shows on PC!

The NOMAD needs a bunch of work - I've had numerous problems where it just keeps preparing and preparing and preparing the same show over and over again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...