Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV nomad PC version 1.01.40 and iOS version 1.0: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,865 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

You can't just go into a web interface, no. You have to use one of the client programs.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Is it possible to log into the nomad using a web browser on the local network just to talk to it and tell it what to convert or do I have to use the app ? I see the ip on my router sure would be nice just to pop in on it and check off stuff , etc.... I dont expect it to play or anything just want to be able to control it via the browser....

I like that idea. I'd really like to be able to set priorities on programs to be transcoded. I go through the list alphabetically and if I stumble across something I really want, I don't see a method for telling nomad to skip to this item next, then continue what it was doing.

#143 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,162 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

I like that idea. I'd really like to be able to set priorities on programs to be transcoded. I go through the list alphabetically and if I stumble across something I really want, I don't see a method for telling nomad to skip to this item next, then continue what it was doing.

No, that would be nice, but it doesn't exist. After the intial few times with the box, though, most folk will probably run the bulk of stuff over night, D/L in the am, and so that last minute find before you head out the door on a trip can be done with nothing in the way.... YMMV!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#144 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

Has anyone upgraded to IOS 5 today? Everything still cool with nomad?

I saw earlier reports that the beta was working fine.

Setup

Ken

#145 OFFLINE   willmw

willmw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

I didn't even have to download again to get it to work, so it must have definitely been something on the backend.

#146 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Has anyone upgraded to IOS 5 today? Everything still cool with nomad?

Yes; nomad running fine on my iPad1 with iOS5.

#147 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Mr. DogLover has upgraded his iPad2, and Nomad is still working fine.
DogLover

My Setup

#148 OFFLINE   irlspotter

irlspotter

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Mine only shows the expiration date - no broadcast date!! How do I know which episode to watch first??

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

#149 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Mine only shows the expiration date - no broadcast date!! How do I know which episode to watch first??

Looks like it's from the bottom up. They should include it, though.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#150 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

After havign spent 3 nights on the phone with DirecTV's cae management department, I finally have my nomad working.

Tonight, we tried something different. We noticed that for some reason, my Surfboard 6580 Cable Modem/Router for some reason was blocking port 1900 & 30888. According to the gentleman I was speaking with, Nomad is not using either port however, As soon as I released them block, my nomad came up within a few minutes and is now working great.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#151 OFFLINE   AndrewSi

AndrewSi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

I'm seeing an interesting error this evening with the PC client (previously registered no problems.) App starts and the spinner goes for 5 or 10 seconds, then says "There is a problem with your Directv account." Gives error code 2-0-2, lets you try again, restart, or call customer service... Hmm.

Update: Still dead this morning. Called DirecTV, this is being escalated as the first-tier support reps weren't able to do anything useful beyond resetting the box and ensuring that the internet is accessible.

Edited by AndrewSi, 13 October 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#152 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

PC client screwed up last night, while watching a movie. Paused the playback for a couple of minutes, when I hit "play" again, no audio. Went back to playlist on PC, played a different movie, no audio. Had to close PC client software and reopen.

By the way, am I right there is no way to minimize the display when you pause playback? It seems like you have to close the currently playing movie, annoying when you've just received an e-mail.

#153 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,568 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

By the way, am I right there is no way to minimize the display when you pause playback? It seems like you have to close the currently playing movie [...]

Unfortunately, that's the case, AFAIK.
/steve

#154 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,474 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

And if I remember, it ALWAYS stays on top!

You can only almost move it offscreen.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#155 OFFLINE   thekaus

thekaus

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

I'm seeing an interesting error this evening with the PC client (previously registered no problems.) App starts and the spinner goes for 5 or 10 seconds, then says "There is a problem with your Directv account." Gives error code 2-0-2, lets you try again, restart, or call customer service... Hmm.

Update: Still dead this morning. Called DirecTV, this is being escalated as the first-tier support reps weren't able to do anything useful beyond resetting the box and ensuring that the internet is accessible.

I'm getting the same 2-0-2 error as AndrewSion my PC. While annoying, I didn't get the Nomad to watch on my PC.

My main issue is that every show i prepare and download to my iPhone from 358 Current TV has messed up audio that basically stops after a few seconds. I don't know if this is due to the fact that this channel is not available in HD. The HD shows I've tried have all worked. Even SD shows on HD channels have worked. Has anyone else had issues with messed up shows?

#156 OFFLINE   AndrewSi

AndrewSi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

Solved the 202 error with a complete uninstall/reinstall, including saying yes to removing user settings during uninstall. Didn't work when I told it to not remove them on the first try and then reinstalled, but it did work when I allowed it to remove the user settings when uninstalling again.

On this second reinstall, it decided to re-register, which seemed to be the trick: it gave a warning that the PC's license was messed up, which it seemed to fix automatically during reactivation, and it did not improperly consume another license count, which is good.

So it's up and running again, but the self implosion was pretty disconcerting.

Edited by AndrewSi, 14 October 2011 - 11:23 AM.

#157 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,162 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

I've just set a recording on CRNT, will test.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#158 OFFLINE   swyman18

swyman18

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

I'm getting the same 2-0-2 error as AndrewSion my PC. While annoying, I didn't get the Nomad to watch on my PC.

My main issue is that every show i prepare and download to my iPhone from 358 Current TV has messed up audio that basically stops after a few seconds. I don't know if this is due to the fact that this channel is not available in HD. The HD shows I've tried have all worked. Even SD shows on HD channels have worked. Has anyone else had issues with messed up shows?

Interesting you should say that, I downloaded a show to my iPhone from channel 358 the other day and the audio was high pitched (like I was watching a Chipmunks movie). I thought maybe it transcoded badly on the Nomad, but when I downloaded that same recording to my PC, it was fine. I then thought it was maybe an SD issue, but I was able to download an SD show from a different channel to my iPhone with no issue.

#159 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

I tried to Activate with my iPad, and it turns out nomad was upgrading. Put aside my iPad and waited for the three blue lights to come back. It went from three blue lights to an orange flashing light, and stalled. Waited a while, then I restarted nomad, but the same thing happened. Puzzled for a while, and then found the nomad program was still running on my iPad. So I shut it down on my iPad, and magically the blue lights came back on. Seems nomad didn't like the activation program to be running on my iPad when I turned it on. Thought I should post, in case this hits someone else.

Setup

Ken

#160 OFFLINE   KenW

KenW

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

I know everyone is familiar with the problem of sports programs running overtime. The only strategy I've seen is to excessively pad the end time of programs. I can just imagine how cranky folks will be when they settle down on their international flight to watch a program, and all they have is the last hour of a ball game.

Moral of the story is to check your shows before you travel. Don't assume you can take the last 10 minutes before you run to the airport to transfer the recordings, and all will be well.

Setup

Ken

Protected By... spam firewall...And...