Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

612 setting 4 episodes to record at the same time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

This is driving me crazy and making my scheduling impossible with my 612. I am seeing it regularly schedule more than two shows to record at the same time. I was checking it for later this week, and right now it shows 4 shows recording on "1" at 8 PM Weds., with another on "2" set to record at 8:30. It had 3 set to record at the same time on Tuesday. This is happening on a regular basis. I thus can't set schedules and priorities and trust what I want will get recorded.

Is my 612 just screwed up (and if so, what do I do about it?) Or is there some fix for this behavior?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

Has no one else seen this type of behavior? Is there a "fix?"

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

A known issue on multiple timers may appear for the same time on the same tuner. This is if a Dish Pass Timer was setup. It may also show that it recorded the event, but the event is not on the hard drive. Try deleting the Dish Pass timers and try to setup new timers. Please let me know it this resolves the issue. Thanks.

Edited by Ray C@DISH Network, 12 October 2011 - 07:40 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

A known issue on multiple timers may appear for the same time on the same tuner. This is if a Dish Pass Timer was setup. It may also show that it recorded the event, but the event is not on the hard drive. Try deleting the Dish Pass timers and try to setup new timers. Please let me know it this resolves the issue. Thanks.

Hi Ray, thanks for the reply. I have indeed tried to delete the timers and set them back up again - in fact, I did that for all of the timers I have - which is a REAL pain as we have over 50 timers set up - I wrote down the shows, deleted all the timers, then went in and set them up new again, which took a LONG time - and then two days later I got 4 shows showing up as recording at 9:00 PM, manually fixed that, a couple of days later 3 showing up recording at the same time, today I see three scheduled to record at the same time.

It is really making this DVR pretty unusable, as I have to manually check every day, and if we're out of town you never know what will happen.

#5 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Ray - what's the next step? No problem like this with my 722, but this has been going on for a while now with my 612 and it's basically "Broken". I've tried rebooting, unplugging, deleting and resetting my timers, etc.

Thanks for the help.

spam firewall