Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Detroit Lions have the best record in football!

hawaii thr22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

Detroit Lions are 5-0 with a better division record than the "Superbowl Champion" Packers, meaning they're the best team in the NFL! Where's all the Detroit haters now?

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

Detroit Lions are 5-0 with a better division record than the "Superbowl Champion" Packers, meaning they're the best team in the NFL! Where's all the Detroit haters now?

Too early to start using the divisional tiebreakers. :)

Besides, the Packers had a 5-0 record before the Lions did, so they are the best! :)
Posted Image Posted Image

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#3 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

Too early to start using the divisional tiebreakers. :)

Besides, the Packers had a 5-0 record before the Lions did, so they are the best! :)
Posted Image Posted Image

See my avatar. :D

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

#4 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

See my avatar. :D

See my reality. :D

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#5 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

See my reality. :D

Reality my ass. You must have eaten some expired cheese, you're delusional if you think the Packers or anyone else can beat the Lions this year. 19-0, Lions Superbowl XLVI Champions.

DIRECTV customer

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,606 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

A 5-0 record is impressive, but does not mean "best team", unless the season is five games, and everyone else has at least one loss.

Where are the Detroit haters? I really haven't seen many to begin with. I'm happy the Lions are back in the hunt.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,749 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

They're a year early. The world ends next December.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#8 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

They're a year early. The world ends next December.

This is the warm up for Da Cubs and Da Bears next year... :D

Go Packers!

#9 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

A 5-0 record is impressive, but does not mean "best team", unless the season is five games, and everyone else has at least one loss.

Where are the Detroit haters? I really haven't seen many to begin with. I'm happy the Lions are back in the hunt.

Lions also have the highest net points (Points scored minus points allowed), and the NFL's longest active regular season winning streak (going back to last year).

DIRECTV customer

#10 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

Lions also have the highest net points (Points scored minus points allowed), and the NFL's longest active regular season winning streak (going back to last year).

And just who has the longest active winning streak (going back to last year?) :lol:

Go Packers!

#11 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,460 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

Actually... it is a good question... "Where are the Lion haters now?"

Where have they ever been?

I've been watching football mostly since 1985... and I can't think of a time when Detroit was hated in all that time. I remember when they were famous for starting slow, coach about to be fired, then win a bunch in a row to make the playoffs and all was safe for another year! But nobody hated them.

Everybody loved Barry Sanders... nobody wanted to try and tackle him, though :)

Then they became the lovable losers... most people were NOT rooting for Detroit to go 0-16 a few years back. Even their most hated rivals weren't rooting for that.

Honestly. I can't think of a time in recent memory where there were any Detroit haters.

There were some folks being realistic... when they were making questionable draft picks and other decisions... but I wouldn't call that hating, since it was proving out on the field.

I also know a lot of people have really been hoping they would take off this year... if they could stay healthy, a lot of people were looking forward to seeing how good they can be.

Personally, I'm hoping they and Green Bay run the table up to Thanksgiving. How cool would that be... After years of futility, and dreading the Thanksgiving game that meant nothing... to have it be for first place in the division AND to stay undefeated most of the way through the season.

As much as I kind of like Green Bay... Detroit is actually doing the same thing as Green Bay... winning the right way with good people that I can't think of anything bad to say about... so IF the 0-16 record-holding Lions could go 16-0, I think that would be pretty cool.

BUT... I feel like this weekend will tell the tale. IF they make it this weekend, I'm thinking they have a good shot at undefeated (with a possible season split with Green Bay since the Packers are very good)...

I think the Packers are the clear #1 team thus far... and yeah, it's only 5 games... BUT it's the same team (mostly) that won the Super Bowl + a lot of people back who were out last season injured... so I give Green Bay the benefit of the doubt until they lose.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if at the end of the season Detroit is a close 2nd to Green Bay.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#12 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

And just who has the longest active winning streak (going back to last year?) :lol:

Yeah but our winning streak started by beating the Packers. :lol:

Packers should quit wasting everyone's time and just send the Lombardi Trophy directly to 222 Republic Drive, Allen Park, MI 48101.

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 12 October 2011 - 05:01 AM.

DIRECTV customer

#13 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

I hate the Packers but I have to say they are definitely the best team in the league right now. I still think the Saints can beat them though. The turn over and the lucky kick return killed us in that first game and we were still only 1 yard and a 2pt conversion from tying at the last second also we didn't have Will Smith in either (3 game suspension). I'm confident if we meet again the Saints will win.

#14 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,622 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

Yeah but our winning streak started by beating the Packers. :lol:

Packers should quit wasting everyone's time and just send the Lombardi Trophy directly to 222 Republic Drive, Allen, Park, MI 48101.

That's the way their streak will end too. ;)

The trophy is already in its 2010 & 2011 location...thing of all the shipping fees the NFL will save. :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#15 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

Hmmmm, let me tell you about best records, don't mean a thing till you got that ring! :nono:
Even in baseball, where are the two teams with the best records this year? Not in the playoffs.
Both teams need to lose one or two to make them hungrier for the prize.

And for the sake of this conversation of current undefeateds - GO PACK GO! (they are my 2nd fav team after all)

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#16 OFFLINE   tenpins

tenpins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:46 AM

A great story now. For years friends never understood why I never saw the Lions as winners. The last time they were 5- 0 winners, I was all of 3 months old. Bill Ford Sr. and Russ Thomas too many nightmares to forget. Glad to see the Lions winning, Enjoy the season and the ride. I assume that FOX is glad to have a meaningful Thanksgiving game between the Packers and Lions.

#17 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

November 24th 2011 10-0 vs 10-0 ???? Now that would be a great match up.

#18 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

November 24th 2011 10-0 vs 10-0 ???? Now that would be a great match up.

Lions will be 10-0. Cheeseheads will be 5-5.

DIRECTV customer

#19 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

Lions will be 10-0. Cheeseheads will be 5-5.

wouldn't you rather have it as 10-0 vs 10-0? Then only one should be undefeated afterwards? showing your (Detroit Lions) true prowess?

#20 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

wouldn't you rather have it as 10-0 vs 10-0? Then only one should be undefeated afterwards? showing your (Detroit Lions) true prowess?

It'd be nice but Packers aren't that good, they won't win another game this year.

DIRECTV customer

spam firewall