Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Detroit Lions have the best record in football!

hawaii thr22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 845 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

It'd be nice but Packers aren't that good, they won't win another game this year.

Ok, I'd say a 10-0 vs 10-0 is more likely than the Packers not winning another game this year.

btw

I'm a Dolphin Fan and expect them to win every game they play the rest of the season too.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,076 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

It'd be nice but Packers aren't that good, they won't win another game this year.

!rolling

You must be confusing the Packers with the Tigers... ;)

The Packers will be 7-0 at their bye week.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#23 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Sorry... as much as I hate to give props to Green Bay, they by far right now are the best team in the league.

Didn't the Lions have to come back against the Vikings (Which are one of the worst teams in the league)... late in the game?

Didn't they need any extra QB to help them come back against Dallas ?

And as HORRID as the Bears played on Monday night... They need two completely blown defense plays (the two monster TD's) and another (the 50 yard run)... so solidify the game? Heck with out the last one... the horrible Bears right now, were still in that game.

So while the Lions are much much improved then they were.... Week 6 is just starting... So much left. As this league has shown, avoidance of Injury is key to the season. If the QB or Megatron go down, the Lions come way back to the middle of the pack.

(Same is true if Green Bay looses Rogers)
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#24 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

!rolling

You must be confusing the Packers with the Tigers... ;)

The Packers will be 7-0 at their bye week.

Umm ALCS, hello???????

I noticed the "S.E. U.S." team (Braves) didn't even make the playoffs this year...

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#25 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

Sorry... as much as I hate to give props to Green Bay, they by far right now are the best team in the league.

Didn't the Lions have to come back against the Vikings (Which are one of the worst teams in the league)... late in the game?

And as HORRID as the Bears played on Monday night... They need two completely blown defense plays (the two monster TD's) and another (the 50 yard run)... so solidify the game? Heck with out the last one... the horrible Bears right now, were still in that game.

So while the Lions are much much improved then they were.... Week 6 is just starting... So much left. As this league has shown, avoidance of Injury is key to the season. If the QB or Megatron go down, the Lions come way back to the middle of the pack.

Bears had 9 false starts :lol: Felt like I was watching a Seahawks home game.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#26 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,117 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

You're delusional if you really think that. I'm definitely not a Packers fan, but they're the best team without a doubt. They're offense can't be stopped and Rodgers shreds every team. Teams can't run on them. They're passing defense is very weak, but they make plays when needed.

Also, there's no Lions haters and there never has been. A team needs to be successful to be hated...the Lions have never even been to a SB. They haven't had a plus .500 season since 2000. :lol: Maybe they had haters in the 50s when they actually won.

I'm happy for the Lions and before the season I said they're this year surprise team who'll give GB a serious run for the North.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#27 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

I like to see teams like the Lions rise from the ashes, but I wouldn't get over confident yet. My Bills were 4-0 in 2008 and ended the season at 7-9. For what its worth, here is how ESPN see it [link].

Here is the top 10:

Attached Thumbnails

• NFL Power Rankings.PNG

HR34-700, HR22-100

#28 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

Bears had 9 false starts :lol: Felt like I was watching a Seahawks home game.

Exactly...

And without two hugh defensive gafs.... the Bears may have actually won that game.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#29 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 712 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Watch out for my Niners this Sunday ;)

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#30 OFFLINE   SAC-CA-HT

SAC-CA-HT

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

Yep...that's what I was going to say. If it wasn't for the OT loss to the Cowgirls the Niners would be 5-0 as well. However I'm not holding my breath. But it beats what they were last year and last game they looked VERY sharp. I think if they play that same game vs the Lions it will be a good match up. Lions look good this year and it's nice to see a team that has been in the dumps for so long looking good after 5 games. There is a lot of season left though guys.

Lets Go Niners!!!! And F the Raiders!!!

#31 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,076 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Umm ALCS, hello???????

Yeah...not going so great huh? :D

I noticed the "S.E. U.S." team (Braves) didn't even make the playoffs this year...

Nor did they deserve to...and also good I don't much care for them anyway.

Three words:
Fear The Beer.

Five More words:
Behold The Power of Cheese.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#32 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,846 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hmmmm, let me tell you about best records, don't mean a thing till you got that ring! :nono:

Yeah... the Patriots still hate having that 18-1 season, where the 1 loss was the Super Bowl... Percentage-wise the best season since the undefeated Dolphins' Super Bowl season... but no trophy for the Patriots.

IF you ask them... they would much rather the year they had 5 losses but won the Super Bowl than the one they went 16-0 and then lost the championship.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#33 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

YOUR Niners?? Yours?? :-)

I'm with ya!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#34 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

I do a lot of business in MI, and especially Detroit. I don't know anyone up there who thinks the Lions are going undefeated this year. All the best to them, but it will be quite humorous to review the OP's posts at season's end :lol:
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#35 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

Well, I've been a Lion's fan my whole life and am extremely happy to see them doing well. That being said, I'm also a realist and still think the Packers have a better team right now. That, of course, could change.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#36 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

See my reality. :D

Tom I would of said see our trophy lol.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#37 OFFLINE   Game Fan

Game Fan

Baseball Is Life

• DBSTalk Club
  • 739 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Reality my ass. You must have eaten some expired cheese, you're delusional if you think the Packers or anyone else can beat the Lions this year. 19-0, Lions Superbowl XLVI Champions.

I'm glad you finally have something to cheer and brag about. All my family from Detroit and the downriver area are ecstatic. I think it may be a bit of "irrational exuberance" though. Time will tell, as it always does.

#38 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

I hate the Packers but I have to say they are definitely the best team in the league right now. I still think the Saints can beat them though. The turn over and the lucky kick return killed us in that first game and we were still only 1 yard and a 2pt conversion from tying at the last second also we didn't have Will Smith in either (3 game suspension). I'm confident if we meet again the Saints will win.

Im glad you are so confident. I am not as confident as you though. Even though I think the Saints are a pretty good team this year I do not think they are good enough to get passed Green Bay. If Green Bay's offense goes downhill a little then I think you got a shot. As long as they still maintain a high powered offense I dont really see the Saints winning.
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#39 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. I like Detroit this year. I think they really seem to gel together well this year. I watch their game pretty much every week even though I am a Colts fan. That being said they can not continue to come from behind and think they can realistically win every game.
Sony KDL-46HX800

#40 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 712 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

YOUR Niners?? Yours?? :-)

I'm with ya!

Haha OUR Niners :) I'm super happy with the way we've been playing. Harbaugh is really making Smith look like a pretty good QB...we've got a tough 5 or 6 games ahead of us....we'll see what happens!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...