Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Detroit Lions have the best record in football!

hawaii thr22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#41 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Haha OUR Niners :) I'm super happy with the way we've been playing. Harbaugh is really making Smith look like a pretty good QB...we've got a tough 5 or 6 games ahead of us....we'll see what happens!

Oh, yeah. At least it's not run-run-pass-punt all the time! And bless that front line.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

Actually... it is a good question... "Where are the Lion haters now?"

Where have they ever been?

I've been watching football mostly since 1985... and I can't think of a time when Detroit was hated in all that time. I remember when they were famous for starting slow, coach about to be fired, then win a bunch in a row to make the playoffs and all was safe for another year! But nobody hated them.

Everybody loved Barry Sanders... nobody wanted to try and tackle him, though :)

Then they became the lovable losers... most people were NOT rooting for Detroit to go 0-16 a few years back. Even their most hated rivals weren't rooting for that.

I think your analysis of the Lions completely correct. The Lions have typically been a class act, even though poor Matt Millen was definitely not the man for the job. (And I think he was a better TV dude before his time with the Lions.)

Earl, I think the Packers are still a good team without Rodgers. Not nearly as good, of course, but Flynn is coming along very nicely. Ted Thompson has some thinking to do about his contract and soon. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#43 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

Reality my ass. You must have eaten some expired cheese, you're delusional if you think the Packers or anyone else can beat the Lions this year. 19-0, Lions Superbowl XLVI Champions.

Come again?

Not to rub it in... (OK, maybe just a little ;))

I believe my 49ers just pulled off the "upset" that you said no one in the NFL could. I'd say that's bad news for the Lions, because the Packers (the 6-0 Packers. Oh, so much for that "best record in the NFL" for the Lions) are a hell of a lot better than my 49ers (who are a hell of a lot better than I thought they'd be this year!)
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#44 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

I might argue that in some ways the Lions and 49ers are similar teams... Young players trying to grow into their skills...

I can probably name more talented players on the Lions than the 49ers... but that doesn't mean the 49ers don't have some good players.

I'd say the coaches are a big part of getting things going in the right direction at both of these places.

I am kind of surprised, though, that the Lions lost today... not that I think poorly of the 49ers, but I didn't see this as the week the Lions would stumble because I figured they would be prepared and the 49ers wouldn't surprise them.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#45 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,352 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Well, I wasn't going to crow, or even mention the winover the formerly best team in football, but it's already been broached.

In a big sense, a pretty poor game for both teams. Waaaaay too much officiating. The head guy seemed positively pissed off at SF- here I'm not talking about the quantity or quality of the calls against the Niners, but the body language of the white cap. Over the top. If a neutral party looks at this, I'd love to have his -or her- opinion.

#46 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Reality my ass. You must have eaten some expired cheese, you're delusional if you think the Packers or anyone else can beat the Lions this year. 19-0, Lions Superbowl XLVI Champions.

Time to reiterate:

See my reality. :D

:)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#47 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

I might argue that in some ways the Lions and 49ers are similar teams... Young players trying to grow into their skills...

I can probably name more talented players on the Lions than the 49ers... but that doesn't mean the 49ers don't have some good players.

I'd say the coaches are a big part of getting things going in the right direction at both of these places.

I am kind of surprised, though, that the Lions lost today... not that I think poorly of the 49ers, but I didn't see this as the week the Lions would stumble because I figured they would be prepared and the 49ers wouldn't surprise them.

Truthfully, I think you're right in your evaluation of the Lions. I actually like the Lions, but I couldn't resist a little ribbing aimed at the OP (all in good fun, of course). The Lions are good, but I don't see them getting past the Packers this year. Next year, I think, will be the year for them to make a run @ the Pack.

I didn't like the 49ers chances this week. Lets face it - 49ers need to run to be successful, and the Lions D-Line is pretty good. And I think the advantage goes to the Lions receivers over the 49ers secondary, as well.

I like the 49ers, but I didn't think that we could see this sort of improvement in such a short amount of time - with no training camp, even. It's been a fun year, so far. It's been a long time with nothing to cheer about for NFL fans in the Bay Area!
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#48 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

:icon_da:

Today was a good day, the Packers are "back" in first place. :D

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#49 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

Well, I wasn't going to crow, or even mention the winover the formerly best team in football, but it's already been broached.

In a big sense, a pretty poor game for both teams. Waaaaay too much officiating. The head guy seemed positively pissed off at SF- here I'm not talking about the quantity or quality of the calls against the Niners, but the body language of the white cap. Over the top. If a neutral party looks at this, I'd love to have his -or her- opinion.

I couldn't resist bringing up the win. :D And just a little crowing. :)

I didn't notice the Ref's attitude towards the 49ers... but you're right - pretty poor game. I thought there were a number of calls against both teams that were questionable. It's hard for either team to get anything going when the officials are so involved.

#50 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

Detroit Lions are 5-0 with a better division record than the "Superbowl Champion" Packers, meaning they're the best team in the NFL! Where's all the Detroit haters now?

Where is CC Kid when you need him?

Crickets....

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#51 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,107 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

Where is CC Kid when you need him?

Crickets....

Behold (yet agin) the power of cheese...
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#52 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

hahaha @ Fair Weather fans
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#53 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 713 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

NINERS!!! :)

And my $'s on Harbaugh over Schwartz :lol:

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#54 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,107 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

hahaha @ Fair Weather fans

Packer fan here for a lifetime...shareholder too...just at Lambeau in July (again).

I'm actually happy for the Lions fans - they're overdue for some joy, and they have some legit players now.

The end of the game exchange between the Lions & 49ers coaches was a bit...uh...unorthodox.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#55 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Packer fan here for a lifetime...shareholder too...just at Lambeau in July (again).

I'm actually happy for the Lions fans - they're overdue for some joy, and they have some legit players now.

The end of the game exchange between the Lions & 49ers coaches was a bit...uh...unorthodox.

I heard Harbaugh took the blame for it, that it might have been an overly exuberant handshake or back-slap.

Do they let shareholders do a Lambeau Leap? :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#56 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

I heard Harbaugh took the blame for it, that it might have been an overly exuberant handshake or back-slap.

Do they let shareholders do a Lambeau Leap? :)

Cheers,
Tom

Just saw the interview with Harbaugh, and he did indeed say that he was a bit exuberant in his handshake and that led to words exchanged between the two. But he took the blame, completely.

#57 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,352 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Just saw the interview with Harbaugh, and he did indeed say that he was a bit exuberant in his handshake and that led to words exchanged between the two. But he took the blame, completely.

Heard 'bout it on da radio, and both coach's sound bites, (bytes?) but I have it laid down on the HR20, so will see the replay later tonight. Was such a hanger that I had to turn the set off at the whistle and take a walk.

#58 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Was a good game I personally thoguht Shwartz came off as the fool when he decided to chase Harbaugh down the entire field. Then watching the half time report on CBS during the Raiders game their entire crew came off as bafoons, saying Harbaugh was wrong and should have stod up and said he was sorry etc. Then when they came back after a commercial break they had to admit "oh sorry, we were just told Harbaugh did say he was sorry about the handshake at his press conf after." I don't think one of their so called analysts had bothered to actually watch the whole incident nor the post game comments.

#59 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

What's funny here... is IF the Lions are who I think they are... I think this loss helps them tremendously.

Had Green Bay and Detroit met 10-0, I would have easily picked the Packers to win that game because I think Green Bay is the best team this season.

BUT...

Detroit lost a game to another good team... so while they have proven they are good, they now have a chance to prove that losing isn't a landslide. Only one team went undefeated the whole season... only one other team went undefeated for the regular season, and then lost in the final game... so the Lions losing was inevitable... but it depends which game you lose.

I remember the 49ers heyday with Montana where they were winning multiple Superbowls... and you could almost put it down in ink that the Rams, for example, would go 4-12 and 49ers would be 13-3 and would lose to the Rams!

But then you had the early Steve Young years where they couldn't get past Dallas... and that seemed to make the rest of the season blah for them...

IF the Lions make it to the "big" Thanksgiving Day game undefeated but then lose... they could have had the wheels come off IF they saw it as "well, we can't play with the big guys so why bother"...

But I think now they can take a step back... and honestly, if nothing else changes... I'm leaning towards picking Detroit to win that Thanksgiving Day game now.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#60 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

Was a good game I personally thoguht Shwartz came off as the fool when he decided to chase Harbaugh down the entire field. Then watching the half time report on CBS during the Raiders game their entire crew came off as bafoons, saying Harbaugh was wrong and should have stod up and said he was sorry etc. Then when they came back after a commercial break they had to admit "oh sorry, we were just told Harbaugh did say he was sorry about the handshake at his press conf after." I don't think one of their so called analysts had bothered to actually watch the whole incident nor the post game comments.

1. Schwartz might have come off as a bit foolish, but Harbaugh came off worse. It's understandable to want to confront someone that acts like an idiot. Less understandablefor the idiot.

2. He did not apologize.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

Protected By... spam firewall...And...