Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Detroit Lions have the best record in football!

hawaii thr22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,975 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

I viewed it as all Harbaugh.

When you've just had a brutal loss, and the winner is gloating over it, and then slaps you, well sometimes that's enough to push you over the edge.

It's not appropriate but at least understandable.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

When you've just had a brutal loss, and the winner is gloating over it, and then slaps you, well sometimes that's enough to push you over the edge.

FYI...

This is exactly why the No-Fun-League had to make rules to penalize celebrations in the end zone after touchdowns... because too many celebrations after touchdown were resulting in the other team starting a fight in response to the celebration.

People complain about how it is "silly" to have those rules... and now there are similar (and worse) rules in college that even take away points IF the celebration begins in the field of play before the score!

So, yeah, rules like that are silly... but without the rules... clearly adults can't control their behavior... and fights or chase scenes that make everyone look bad break out.

I honestly don't get why adults get out of control like that... but it might not be too long before we have similar rules for coaches' behavior like we do for players.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#83 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Reality my ass. You must have eaten some expired cheese, you're delusional if you think the Packers or anyone else can beat the Lions this year. 19-0, Lions Superbowl XLVI Champions.

Someone was pretty confident a week ago and then no recent posts, what happened? :rolleyes:
HR34-700, HR22-100

#84 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,207 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Someone was pretty confident a week ago and then no recent posts, what happened? :rolleyes:

The microwave oven broke, so cooking the crow has been put off for a bit. :D Or am I thinking of four and twenty blackbirds??

CC Kid, come back, we're only funnin'.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#85 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

But he didn't.

In this particular instance (and not hypothetical's), the instigator (Harbaugh) deserves the brunt of the blame. That doesn't mean what Schwartz did was appropriate, but as I said before: I can more easily understand someone acting foolishly when they're provoked over someone acting foolishly with no provocation.

You still are hypothesizing what Harbaugh did to deserve the brunt of your ire. At least I have seen nothing to warrant anyone chasing Harbaugh for 40 yards and continually trying to approach in a manner that appears to be very inappropriate--even with people standing in the way to cool him off.

It's looking like we'll have to agree to disagree. I can't imagine what Harbaugh could have been confused to have done or said to warrant Schwatz's apparent chase and attempted attack. Nor that any proof has been offered that Harbaugh actually said or did anything, only that a misunderstanding could have occurred.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#86 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,441 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

You still are hypothesizing what Harbaugh did to deserve the brunt of your ire.

Nope, not hypothesizing at all. Going by what I saw with my own eyes. If Harbaugh wanted to celebrate that's fine. But he should have composed himself for 20 seconds to shake Schwartz's hand, then walked away and continued celebrating. You're assuming it has something to do with what was said. I don't care what was said (although that could have made it worse). It was his actions. And while that disrespect might not have warranted Schwartz running after him to maybe tell him "what the hell's wrong with you, show some respect", I can certainly understand it (which is vastly different than condone).

I can't imagine what Harbaugh could have been confused to have done or said to warrant Schwatz's apparent chase and attempted attack. Nor that any proof has been offered that Harbaugh actually said or did anything, only that a misunderstanding could have occurred.

Wow. First, you don't have to imagine, just watch the video. He was acting like an idiot - as has been pointed out by almost every analyst, radio show host, and viewer. Not sure why you think jumping up and down, grabbing Schwartz's hand, slapping him on the back and practically knocking him over is appropriate, but obviously your idea of sportsmanship is considerably different than mine. Second, why do you say Schwartz was attempting to attack? He chased after him, because Harbaugh was running away. Undoubtedly to say to him "what the F is wrong with you?", to which Harbaugh clearly responded "get out of my face" (you don't have to be a lip reader to see that).

You are right about one thing, we're going to have to agree to disagree. If you beat me at checkers in my house in front of my family, then ran over lifting your shirt up, jumping up and down, grabbed my hand, slapped me on the back, yelling in victory the whole time, and then started running toward the door, I'd run after you too. But I'd probably catch you.

This pic says most of it, as Schwartz looks on wondering "what is this guys malfunction?":

Posted Image

Edited by spartanstew, 19 October 2011 - 09:17 PM.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#87 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,441 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

Exactly. Glad at least you understand Sixto.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#88 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

He was acting like an idiot

I don't dispute that Harbaugh was way too amped up....

But, Schwartz acted like an idiot all day long, running his mouth about how the 49ers were afraid of the Lions, and yelling across the field at one point "Know the rules, Harbaugh". To run your mouth like that all day and they cry like a little girl with the opposing coach pats your back too hard just makes Schwartz look like a fool, IMO.

IN other words, they were both acting like fools.... but, IMO, Schwartz comes off looking worse. My folks always told us "Don't dish it out if you can't take it". Don't act the fool all day and then get your panties in a bunch when the opposing coach returns the favor.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#89 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

I don't dispute that Harbaugh was way too amped up....

But, Schwartz acted like an idiot all day long, running his mouth about how the 49ers were afraid of the Lions, and yelling across the field at one point "Know the rules, Harbaugh". To run your mouth like that all day and they cry like a little girl with the opposing coach pats your back too hard just makes Schwartz look like a fool, IMO.

IN other words, they were both acting like fools.... but, IMO, Schwartz comes off looking worse. My folks always told us "Don't dish it out if you can't take it". Don't act the fool all day and then get your panties in a bunch when the opposing coach returns the favor.

Couldn't agree more. Talk mess all game long, but if they lose they will look for any reason to start a fight....I've dealt with this type many times through life.

#90 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,691 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

The whole thing looks like 2 coaches who drink waaaaay too much coffee or Coke meeting and a media-hyped up event.

Result = embarrassment for the coaches and their respective teams.

My guess is a lesson was learned.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#91 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,207 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

The whole thing looks like 2 coaches who drink waaaaay too much coffee or Coke meeting and a media-hyped up event.

Result = embarrassment for the coaches and their respective teams.

My guess is a lesson was learned.

Heh: We'll see.....:eek2:

Now here's an outside theory that no one's put forward: They did it for ratings! Yes, they cooked it up at that dinner where Schwartz allegedly bad mouthed John Harbaugh's team!

Don't you see it now?? Do you not grant me that there will be some number tuning into future Lions, and Niners, games (not neccessarily vs. each other!) just to see how the coaches comport themselves?? Well, it could happen.....

I also grant that there may be good reason why no one's come up with this.

Where are the grassy knoll guys when you need 'em? Or Ollie Stone?

#92 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Heh: We'll see.....:eek2:

Now here's an outside theory that no one's put forward: They did it for ratings! Yes, they cooked it up at that dinner where Schwartz allegedly bad mouthed John Harbaugh's team!

Don't you see it now?? Do you not grant me that there will be some number tuning into future Lions, and Niners, games (not neccessarily vs. each other!) just to see how the coaches comport themselves?? Well, it could happen.....

I also grant that there may be good reason why no one's come up with this.

Where are the grassy knoll guys when you need 'em? Or Ollie Stone?

Somebody in the Detroit media floated that idea out there. It was some local guy whose story I found linked from a forum. He basically said that Schwartz and Harbaugh were both media "hounds" (his adjective wasn't so PC), and that it was all a stunt. The irony, according to the person who posted the link, was this writer calling someone else a "media hound".

I did see someone else, in half seriousness, who wondered if it wasn't calculated on Schwartz's part... After all, it is their first loss of the season, they didn't look real good in said loss, and nobody is talking about it - everybody is focused on the coaches shenanigans. (I personally don't give theory much credence, but it is out there).
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#93 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

And Embarrassment for the NFL in General too!!!
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#94 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,101 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Come on Coca Cola Kid, come out and play. :)

Look as much as I don't want the Packers to lose a game I'm sure they will, I just hope you come back before then.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#95 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,207 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

I thought the UCLA-AZ game was worse. Both teams should be suspended.

#96 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

I thought the UCLA-AZ game was worse. Both teams should be suspended.

Agreed that it was worse... hard to say the whole teams should be suspended, but it did sure look like most of them got involved!

Oddly enough, I happened to be watching when all that happened, despite the game being way beyond decided at that point.

I did find it weird, though, some of today's discussion... noting that last week a Green Bay Packer player was fined for wearing off-color shoes that probably nobody noticed... but two coaches creating a stir in the center of the field on TV resulted in no fine for either coach.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#97 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

So what are the records in the NFC Norte now? :D

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#98 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

Yea, but I was sweatin' a little toward the end there...

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#99 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,101 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

All I'm gonna say is WOO-HOO! Squeaked one out and the bye week to recover.

It's good to be a Packers fan!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#100 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

All I'm gonna say is WOO-HOO! Squeaked one out and the bye week to recover.

It's good to be a Packers fan!

Considering that once the Packers took the lead, they never relinquished it I don't really call it a squeaker. :)

This is the first game this season where the Packers were behind more than one time in a game. An amazing record in itself. :)

I will say I was more concerned that I would like, but they got the job done. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...